joelostee85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gyno, Liquid Tamox, Dosage Help!!!!!

Hi,

First off...I am a total noob to body building and I REALLY appreciate any and all help you guys could give me!

I have had gyno (puffy nipples) since puberty. Also, I am not, and have never been fat. Recently I bought "Liquid Tamox 50mL 20mg/mL" for ar-r.com, because after doing some research I read that it could help with gyno.

In retrospect, I realize that I really know nothing about Tamox, nor do I know how much to take. It came with a syringe, for oral use, that measures up to 1mL.

What dosage should I take per take to help combat my gyno? Any precautions I should take?

I am really desperate because gyno has basically ruined my life. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Originally Posted by joelostee85 View Post
    Hi,

First off...I am a total noob to body building and I REALLY appreciate any and all help you guys could give me!

I have had gyno (puffy nipples) since puberty. Also, I am not, and have never been fat. Recently I bought "Liquid Tamox 50mL 20mg/mL" for ar-r.com, because after doing some research I read that it could help with gyno.

In retrospect, I realize that I really know nothing about Tamox, nor do I know how much to take. It came with a syringe, for oral use, that measures up to 1mL.

What dosage should I take per take to help combat my gyno? Any precautions I should take?

I am really desperate because gyno has basically ruined my life. THANKS FOR THE HELP!
    Also, how do I take it? Do I drink it? Can I mix it with something else?

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also, how do I take it? Do I drink it? Can I mix it with something else?
    Here's a study I found online from http://www.eclips.consult.com/eclips...2807%2970094-5 with dosages... of course you should consult with your doctor prior, show your doc the study and see what he or she suggests...

Tamoxifen Pubertal Gynecomastia

Pubertal Gynecomastia occurs in up to 65% of adolescent males; the peak incidence is at about 14 years. Most cases resolve spontaneously with in 3 years but up to 10% do not resolve. Surgery is the mainstay of treatment in males with severe or persistent gynecomastia. Medical management is focused on altering the effective androgen/estrogen ratio. The efficacy of the antiestrogens tamoxifen and raloxifene in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia was assessed.

Methods:

A retrospective medical record review was performed including all patients with pubertal gynecomastia who were evaluated between July 1995 and September 2000. Thirty-eight patients were treated with either reassurance alone, tamoxifen 10 to 20 mg orally twice daily for 3 to 9 months, or raloxifene 60 mg orally once daily for 3 to 9 months. Data were collected concerning demographics, family history of gynecomastia, relevant medical history, height, weight, Tanner growth staging, size of breast nodule, and any biochemical or radiologic studies before or during treatment.

Results:

The mean age of treated adolescents was 14.6 years; the mean gynecomastia duration was 28.3 years. The mean decrease in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% confidence interval [CI], 1.7–2.7 cm; P< .0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI, 1.7–3.3 cm; P < .0001) with raloxifene: Some improvements were observed in 86% of patients in the tamoxifen group and 91 % in the raloxifene group; a greater proportion had a significant reduction (>50%) with raloxifene (86%), compared to that with tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients.

Conclusion:

Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast seems to be safe and effective in decreasing persistent pubertal gynecomastia. The response to raloxifene was better than that to tamoxifen.
    Last edited by acwild; 01-27-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    Taught by Dr. Squat himself back in the late 90s

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    ISSA Certified Sports Nutritionist

In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds like questions for a doctor. If you truly have such a profound gyno problem why haven't you seen one?
    275->180->248... Next stop, 150

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ---Rocky Balboa

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

DISCIPLINE + PATIENCE = SUCCESS

MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MagnumPeanut82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Does it not come with directions???

Count your calories. houndstoothgrin's Avatar
    houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Talk to a doctor.

No, it didn't come with directions. But thanks a lot for that link! I think I'm going to start with 10 mg and see how that goes.

chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000) chasem is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you actually have geno? Or is it just fat? Tamox won't help if it's just fat

rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickyKIXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, it didn't come with directions. But thanks a lot for that link! I think I'm going to start with 10 mg and see how that goes.
    GO SEE A DOCTOR. I wish I could double caps lock that sentence.