IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Reg. Bench Press or Assisted Bench Press?

I'm pretty sure it'd be best to do regular Bench Press because it gets you the best feel for the weight and you handle it on your own. However my friend believes Assisted Bench Press is better because it lets you bench press with perfect form. I believe that I'm right, but am I wrong and Assisted Bench Press is better?

KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KyleRobertRice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Regular bench press.

ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IceJ View Post
    I'm pretty sure it'd be best to do regular Bench Press because it gets you the best feel for the weight and you handle it on your own. However my friend believes Assisted Bench Press is better because it lets you bench press with perfect form. I believe that I'm right, but am I wrong and Assisted Bench Press is better?
    Regular bench is better as it works the stabilizer muscles. Assisted bench can be used at an advantage as (especially for noobs) you can press more weight. However, with regular, your pressing form gets better, the movement is more natural and consequently you generally can use your power more effectively.

carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) carlostherock is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Regular bench press should be a staple but Smith bench press has it's place. As stated, the bench works your stabilizers and balance/coordination but the Smith really let's you put all the focus into just your chest and you can get an amazing burn. I sometimes choose the Smith to incline bench for that reason, and also because I don't workout with a spotter. One more thing, the Smith machine does NOT give you perfect form because you do not have free movement. When you bench you should bring the bar slightly back towards the rack as you push up, not be limited to a straight line up and down.

IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) IceJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by carlostherock View Post
    Regular bench press should be a staple but Smith bench press has it's place. As stated, the bench works your stabilizers and balance/coordination but the Smith really let's you put all the focus into just your chest and you can get an amazing burn. I sometimes choose the Smith to incline bench for that reason, and also because I don't workout with a spotter. One more thing, the Smith machine does NOT give you perfect form because you do not have free movement. When you bench you should bring the bar slightly back towards the rack as you push up, not be limited to a straight line up and down.
    Thanks.

EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EBM22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Regular bench.
    370/270/465
    US ARMY CREW

midicronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midicronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midicronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) midicronica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Regular of course. Tell your friend to learn how to bench with good form.

NutraHealth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Regular bench press is better

samb1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Regular unless you don't have a spot

mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mward26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tell your friend to shut his mouth.