Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Little_Tarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Why are young kids so strongly against the US military?

This is like Vietnam all over again. So there were some harmless Army/Marine recruiters at school today and a lot of people were like
    "OMGz you kill people!!"
    "iraq war is pointless"

OR some were silent when the guys were trying to have conversation.

With me, I just talked like it was just a regular guy. He did the usual, "sign these papers" and i took them so i wouldn't appear rude.

Kids these days think it's cool to be anti-authority.

Example of said school protest:

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Little_Tarzan View Post
    This is like Vietnam all over again. So there were some harmless Army/Marine recruiters at school today and a lot of people were like
    "OMGz you kill people!!"
    "iraq war is pointless"

With me, I just talked like it was just a regular guy. He did the usual, "sign these papers" and i took them so i wouldn't appear rude.

It makes me incredibly happy to see this. It gives me hope.

HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HELIX35 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by smj5351 View Post
    It makes me incredibly happy to see this. It gives me hope.
    Why?

A bunch of know it all college kids that watch a few hours of CNN every week "shouting blood for oil" and "you massacre babies" rhetoric without a single original or intelligent thought for themselves.

Cursing the men and women of the armed forces? All I see is pathetic ignorance.
    Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Packer Nation

Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leper Messiah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Because green Day tells them to.

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by HELIX35 View Post
    Why?

A bunch of know it all college kids that watch a few hours of CNN every week "shouting blood for oil" and "you massacre babies" rhetoric without a single original or intelligent thought for themselves.

Of course you do, I would expect nothing less from you.

I'm happy because this means that my generation isn't a warmongering idiot generation. Maybe they will remember this war, and how miserably it failed, and in the future when other terrible moronic presidents try to start ****ed up wars with countries, they will see it for what it is right away, before hundreds of thousands of innocent people are killed.

I hope these pathetically ignorant kids learn about Ron Paul and help him get elected.

BTW when you generalize like that, it makes an ass out of you. Just because they are "college kids" doesn't mean they gain their information from CNN, they probably gain more from the internet. Just because they are all shouting the same thing doesn't mean they are ignorant. Intelligent thought doesn't always have to be original.

The Vietnam protests were intelligent. I'm sure there were tons of fools just like you angry that the young people weren't sucking the government' dick and signing up to die for the profit of a few rich men at the top.

kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kajara3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation

Why?

"college kids" are so stupid compared to people in the military...

Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What's wrong with protest?

I have admiration for those in the Armed Services, but I also have admiration for protestors. I don't oppose the soldiers, I oppose the government that sent them, the government that is waging a worthless war, a government that is paying millions of dollars a week to kill America's youth. I wouldn't protest the soldiers, I would protest the administraion. I don't agree with protesting the soldiers, but this is America, they can do it if they want to.

Recruiters are just doing their job, but it's a job I wouldn't do.
    Last edited by Bluestorm100; 10-09-2007 at 06:55 PM.

Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Little_Tarzan View Post
    "OMGz you kill people!!"
    "iraq war is pointless"

I remember when we first went to war with Iraq...some of my friends thought it would be cool to walk out of class and have a protest on the corner of the entrance to the school.

All it seems like to me is a bad case of "rebellion envy." In other words, people in the Vietnam era got to have their little hippie rebellions and whatnot, and all of the "fight the power" kids in today's generation are just looking for every little reason to impress the hippies of the past. It's one thing to oppose war, it's another thing to act like every soldier in existence is a disgrace or to disrespect those that live to protect this country just because you think it's cool.

I wonder what these people protesting would think if our military just sat back and let the middle east bomb America. I'm sure they'd all be crying for the help of the same people they take so much joy in condemning.

Originally Posted by kajara3 View Post
    "college kids" are so stupid compared to people in the military...
    Damn, you're right, I guess I should quit college and join the army. Hopefully I'll be killed by an IED in a couple days.

Originally Posted by Bluestorm100 View Post
    What's wrong with protest?

I have admiration for those in the Armed Services, but I also have admiration for protestors. I don't oppose the soldiers, I oppose the government that sent them, the government that is waging a worthless war, a government that is paying millions of dollars a week to kill America's youth.

Recruiters are just doing their job, but it's a job I wouldn't do.
    Very rational view, I think I agree with most of it.

Originally Posted by Calhexas View Post
    I remember when we first went to war with Iraq...some of my friends thought it would be cool to walk out of class and have a protest on the corner of the entrance to the school.

All it seems like to me is a bad case of "rebellion envy." In other words, people in the Vietnam era got to have their little hippie rebellions and whatnot, and all of the "fight the power" kids in today's generation are just looking for every little reason to impress the hippies of the past. It's one thing to oppose war, it's another thing to act like every soldier in existence is a disgrace or to disrespect those that live to protect this country just because you think it's cool.

I wonder what these people protesting would think if our military just sat back and let the middle east bomb America. I'm sure they'd all be crying for the help of the same people they take so much joy in condemning.
    Oh, you're right, these kids can't be protesting the war because it's another illegal costly war that's quickly bankrupting us and making the US seem even worse in the eyes of the rest of the world. No, it can't be because thousands of our soldiers are dying for the sake of oil and land. It can't be because the whole reason we went to war (WMD's, Iraq being involved in 9/11) were ridiculous lies.

No, it's because they are JEALOUS of the vietnam generation.

And once we pull out of the Middle East, the "Middle East" is somehow going to "bomb" us. After all, they have advanced fighter jets and ICBM's.

Listen, buddy, if the "middle east" wanted to bomb us, they would have already. Our borders are a joke, there could be a thousand al quaeda members in NY right now and we would have no ****ing clue.

I feel bad for you, you actually believe the **** spewed on FOX news.

Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I'll admit it. I am very jealous of the hippies. If I could live in the mid 1960's-1970's, I'd slip on some bell bottoms, grow my hair our, drop out on some acid and travel around the country on a school bus with other hippies.

I wish that America's youth would be like that again. Such fervor for their beliefs, such exploration, such organization. In my eyes, what happened with the hippies is one of the greatest triumphs of modern time, although, it obviously wasn't a triumph in the main aspect. It was a triumph in the sense that people all across the nation came together, explored their minds, tried new forms of living, and stood up for their beliefs. I have trouble believing that such would be possible in today's world.

You have to admire it when 70,000 people show up to try and levitate the Pentagon.
    Last edited by Bluestorm100; 10-09-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh, you're right, these kids can't be protesting the war because it's another illegal costly war that's quickly bankrupting us and making the US seem even worse in the eyes of the rest of the world. No, it can't be because thousands of our soldiers are dying for the sake of oil and land. It can't be because the whole reason we went to war (WMD's, Iraq being involved in 9/11) were ridiculous lies.

I'm not saying that protest is wrong...but what some people do during protests and why some people protest are. I'm not saying EVERY kid out there is jealous of the Vietnam generation. I'm just saying it seems like some anti-authority type demonstrations are motivated by a simple wanting to seem rebellious. I'm not down with this war either, but I'm not going to act like I despise all military personel. That's just ridiculous to point to someone who is trying to help out our nation's military and act like that person is responsible for the death of middle easter civillians. Come on now...even you have to understand that there is no sense in that kind of behavior.

And once we pull out of the Middle East, the "Middle East" is somehow going to "bomb" us. After all, they have advanced fighter jets and ICBM's.
    I didn't say that. I'm saying that alot of the people that do these protests would probably not be so "anti-military" in the case that the tables were turned. I'm not making a prediction that pulling out would spell our doom. I want us to get out of there...it makes no sense to be in a losing battle that is costing us so much.

Listen, buddy, if the "middle east" wanted to bomb us, they would have already. Our borders are a joke, there could be a thousand al quaeda members in NY right now and we would have no ****ing clue.
    Once again, you took my hypothetical as a future prediction. What some of the people in that video said was rather disrespectful, and just disgusting. It's not right to place blame on many, when the fault lies within a few.

I feel bad for you, you actually believe the **** spewed on FOX news.
    Do me a favor...don't feel bad for me. Instead try and understand what I'm trying to say before you go ranting off like a pissy little child...or better yet, an over-eager rebellious teen. Not all protests are right, and not all "anti-authority" groups are good. Get that fact into your skull.

Btw...I appreciate the fact that you had such a little understanding of my post that had the compelling feeling to neg me. You sure showed me.
    Last edited by Calhexas; 10-09-2007 at 07:10 PM.

GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Of course you do, I would expect nothing less from you.

I'm happy because this means that my generation isn't a warmongering idiot generation. Maybe they will remember this war, and how miserably it failed, and in the future when other terrible moronic presidents try to start ****ed up wars with countries, they will see it for what it is right away, before hundreds of thousands of innocent people are killed.

I hope these pathetically ignorant kids learn about Ron Paul and help him get elected.

BTW when you generalize like that, it makes an ass out of you. Just because they are "college kids" doesn't mean they gain their information from CNN, they probably gain more from the internet. Just because they are all shouting the same thing doesn't mean they are ignorant. Intelligent thought doesn't always have to be original.

The Vietnam protests were intelligent. I'm sure there were tons of fools just like you angry that the young people weren't sucking the government' dick and signing up to die for the profit of a few rich men at the top.

Oh man, it was so good to see a post like that.

The "vote for Ron Paul" is not well taken, however. You seem to have a solid grasp and understanding of what war is, but look at little more closely and figure out what the root cause of it is. Capitalism.

Think about it. Do some research. You have the right mentality, just the wrong direction.

Repped, btw.
    "There are forty million poor people...why are there forty million poor people in America? And when...you ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question you begin to question the capitalistic economy."

"We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. But one day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."

Martin Luther King Jr.

Super Agnostic nnjj112255kkllo9's Avatar
    nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why?

Why do a bunch of uneducated folk get a hard on for war yet only 0.001% of them who support war, man up and fight

I think its funny how idiots assume that if you are against a war, you are against US military
    Checkout http://www.SuppRatings.com for Supplement Ratings and Reviews!

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    lolz

guess who guarantees there freedom to protest? kind of ironic.

the funny part of that protest was when they started chanting 'hell no, we won't go' like they were being drafted or something. classic example of herdpoisoning. http://herdpoisoning.com/
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Roflcopter Crew ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ PC Master Race ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆ /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\☆

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by agno View Post
    Why do a bunch of uneducated folk get a hard on for war yet only 0.001% of them who support war, man up and fight

I think its funny how idiots assume that if you are against a war, you are against US military
    if you are going to be against something, it should be for logical reasons. it is just as pathetic to believe all anti-war propaganda as it is to believe all pro-war propaganda.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50) KeepItSmoothBro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So a random handful = all?

It is maybe 0.1% of the teen population at the very best.

Super Agnostic nnjj112255kkllo9's Avatar
    nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnjj112255kkllo9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jmonty View Post
    if you are going to be against something, it should be for logical reasons. it is just as pathetic to believe all anti-war propaganda as it is to believe all pro-war propaganda.
    The problem is when you have many people who feel that if someone doesnt believe in the war, it is because they are just listening to propoganda
    Checkout http://www.SuppRatings.com for Supplement Ratings and Reviews!

Originally Posted by smj5351
    Oh, you're right, these kids can't be protesting the war because it's another illegal costly war that's quickly bankrupting us and making the US seem even worse in the eyes of the rest of the world.
    what US law has been broken? i'm so sick of reading that invading iraq was illegal. if you were to say 'immoral' that would be a defensible position perhaps, but i've never seen or heard of a law against the invasion.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

stevey123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevey123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevey123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevey123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevey123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevey123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevey123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevey123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    maybe because unlike older generations we aren't prepared to throw our lives away for bogus causes like iraq when it's clear the govt. told so many lies.

Although most people dying in iraq seem to be < 21.

the military takes advantage of kids that come from poor homes and can't afford an education except through the military, too bad they end up dead.

Originally Posted by agno View Post
    The problem is when you have many people who feel that if someone doesnt believe in the war, it is because they are just listening to propoganda
    the people in that video were acting border line retarded.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrassAndRocks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what US law has been broken? i'm so sick of reading that invading iraq was illegal. if you were to say 'immoral' that would be a defensible position perhaps, but i've never seen or heard of a law against the invasion.
    We violated international law. Of course U.S. law would mandate American imperialism, it always has.
    "There are forty million poor people...why are there forty million poor people in America? And when...you ask that question, you are raising questions about the economic system, about a broader distribution of wealth. When you ask that question you begin to question the capitalistic economy."

"We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. But one day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring."

Martin Luther King Jr.

This explains how it is illegal (serious). You wanted to know, here it is.

Under US law:
    http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/iraqwar.html

Under International law:
    http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle6917.htm

Originally Posted by stevey123 View Post
    maybe because unlike older generations we aren't prepared to throw our lives away for bogus causes like iraq when it's clear the govt. told so many lies.

the military takes advantage of kids that come from poor homes and can't afford an education except through the military, too bad they end up dead.
    I agree.

Every single young person in America should be very concerned with the war. It should be of upmost importance. Their peers are dying, for nothing. As someone who will turn 18 soon, it's very frightening. What if they decided to reinstate the draft? We'll be registered for selective service. I'm not about to fight in this war. We have to end it.

It is interesting though because you can see the level of consciousness, both here and around the world, and the difference between these protests and the Vietnam protests.

When Kennedy began the bombing of south Vietnam in 1962 there was virtually no protests, no street marches, nothing. I remember listening to Noam Chomsky talk about how if you wanted to organize an anti-war meeting it was usually 4 or 5 people in somebody's living room. There was no mass anti-war networks or anything. It took many years for a strong anti-war movement to even begin, and it started very late, but was eventually effective.

But you can see the difference now, 40 years later, people domestically and around the world stood up and protested even BEFORE the war began in mass demonstrations. I think that is something to be proud of and see the change in consciousness. I am extremely glad to see so many people, despite still not being as much as I'd like, angry about what is going on in the middle east.

Martin Luther King Jr.

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by stevey123 View Post
    This is obvious. The days of rallying behind a cause like past wars are long gone. There won't be too many people lining up at the recruiting office these days because they want to go fight in Iraq. They may indeed have a sense of duty, need money for school, be dumb as **** and just want to go into a remedial MOS and collect a check, etc. but I would be shocked to hear a kid say he's willing to die for Iraqis. Well, in the South it's to be expected, but the South is the South.

*I live in the South, so i can attest to the level of mindless rednecks which run rampant*

This seems true, but rank and age are of no protection in this war. There have been tons of officers killed all the way up to Colonels, and several E-9s have been blown up.

Takes advantage? That's a bit of a stretch. They rely on the poor and uneducated, but so do employers looking to fill the ranks of minimum wage jobs. Besides, someone uneducated isn't going to do anything meaningful in the military. If you can't read or function on a professional level, you'll never receive a 11B MOS, so the "they can catch a bullet" line doesn't work. I'm not saying there aren't idiots in the infantry, but there are very few truly retarded people as 11B.
    Last edited by Scott~; 10-09-2007 at 07:37 PM.

I think it's because we went to war before (not sure if we even did) there was an official declaration of War by congress...which is supposedly something needed as per the constitution. Something that violates the constitution is basically illegal.

Under US law:

Under International law:
    props on that link about U.S. law btw.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Under US law:

Under International law:
    so, about the domestic law, is there anything that shows that bush did not make available before, or 48 hrs after, that he determined any of that which was in bold?

it seems like he just had to have been advised and had to 'determine' those things.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Originally Posted by GrassAndRocks View Post
    props on that link about U.S. law btw.
    x2. ty.

maybe wssicks can help translate it.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hobbes1651 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GrassAndRocks View Post
    I remember listening to Noam Chomsky talk about how if you wanted to organize an anti-war meeting it was usually 4 or 5 people in somebody's living room.
    Funny thing about Chomsky is he made most of his money working on linguistics for the US military.
    Last edited by hobbes1651; 10-09-2007 at 07:52 PM.
    History is a set of lies agreed upon.
    -Napoleon Bonaparte

"A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims."
    Ayn Rand