DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gallon of milk a day??

Sometimes I go to the /fit/ section of another website, mostly to troll for the lulz - the guys over there are always crapping on about squats and oats, which is fair enough - but also recommend a gallon of milk a day. A gallon is 3.8 litres.

I'm starting back lifting after three years, and I need to do some basic conditioning work before I start trying to achieve my prior lifts and physique - is the whole GOMAD thing really going to be beneficial for strength and muscle gain?

I drink full cream milk now; just started on it - I'm drinking a litre a day; when I was lifting I used to drink 1% milk.

bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DrStupid View Post
    Sometimes I go to the /fit/ section of another website, mostly to troll for the lulz - the guys over there are always crapping on about squats and oats, which is fair enough - but also recommend a gallon of milk a day. A gallon is 3.8 litres.

I'm starting back lifting after three years, and I need to do some basic conditioning work before I start trying to achieve my prior lifts and physique - is the whole GOMAD thing really going to be beneficial for strength and muscle gain?

I drink full cream milk now; just started on it - I'm drinking a litre a day; when I was lifting I used to drink 1% milk.
    Assuming that this isn't trolling in and of itself, the answer is yes and no.

No, in the sense that drinking a gallon of milk a day has never been proven to increase strength/muscle gains.

Yes, in the sense that drinking a gallon of milk a day might make it easier for you to reach your macros for the day (though my guess is that it will push you far over your protein and caloric needs).

In conclusion: some milk is great, a gallon a day is absurdly unnecessary.
    My guilty pleasure: excessive cardio.

Progress towards the 1000 lb club: 945/1000
    Bulking until I hit 1000. I don't care if it takes a 40 pound weight gain. No more pussyfooting around.

"The consummate leader cultivates the moral law and strictly adheres to method and discipline; thus it is in his power to control success." - Sun Tzu

DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrStupid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bennettj View Post
    Assuming that this isn't trolling in and of itself, the answer is yes and no.

No, in the sense that drinking a gallon of milk a day has never been proven to increase strength/muscle gains.

Yes, in the sense that drinking a gallon of milk a day might make it easier for you to reach your macros for the day (though my guess is that it will push you far over your protein and caloric needs).

In conclusion: some milk is great, a gallon a day is absurdly unnecessary.
    Definitely not trolling, I was curious as to the efficacy of the idea. A litre of 1% milk is worth around 40g protein; a litre of whole milk is around 32g - so I'd be looking at minimum from whole milk 120g protein, in addition to 185g carb and 135g fat - 2435 calories all up.

Holy moly. That'd blow you up in no time, in addition to regular meals

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Its mainly designed for the stupidly underweight, or young skinny kids with lightning metabolisms

lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ever seen the show Jackass?

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GOMAD...LOL.

Eat a diet from a variety of wholesome nutritious foods. You should have no problem meeting your calorie/macro targets doing it this way.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    People recommend GOMAD simply because of kids who state that they "cant gain weight". The first thing we typically tell them to do is "eat more". They usually respond with OMG I CANT THATS SO EXPENSIVE.

This is where GOMAD comes in. Look at the nutritional facts...

In 2% milk you get about 120 cals/5g fat/ 11 g carbs / 9 g protein

That is for 1 cup. Multiply each of those values by 16 due to 16 cups in 1 gallon.

1920/80/176/144

When a skinny kid is eating at a deficit and cant gain weight giving him something that is cheap and very easy to do....and will get him in a 1000-1500 caloric surplus is a very decent recommendation. Imo eating is better, but GOMAD is just easy to recommend for "poor" (lazy) kids.

DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMI_Blaze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I avg. 2 quarts a day. Or more. I drink milk over protein shakes. Not huge gains in weight, but my metabolism is crazy.

ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Rob Riches theory on milk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec90y****OM8

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ToeSpeed View Post
    Talk about the definition of an idiot.

The guy is standing in a supermarket trying to use the logic that no other species drinks milk after childhood. What other species shops in a supermarket?

ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ven33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That guy might have the least valid argument ever.

ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10) ToeSpeed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ven33 View Post
    That guy might have the least valid argument ever.
    Thats fair enough. I would defiantly not consider him a "idiot" by any means. Still was interesting to hear someones theory on it.
    Because really...the world is full of theories. Makes for good arguements amongst one another.

A gallon of milk to me, seems a little excessive, and costly. But to each their own.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would defiantly not consider him a "idiot" by any means
    Saying really idiotic things makes him an idiot in my book.

Still was interesting to hear someones theory on it.
    His "theories" are illogical, so, but for the humor, what's the value?

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL you would trust something that came from /fit/? Too many /b/tards there and much broscience.

If it fits into your calories, you can go for it, but you'll see that a gallon of milk won't give you much room to eat anything else.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

ironhaldane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DrStupid View Post

skim milk has more bio-available protein than whole. the less fat the more easily your can use the protein efficiently. of course, id stick to RBGH free milk what ever you do, no sense in adding unnecessary hormones designed to increase the production of milk glands... the FDA says it doesnt matter, but why trust them with my hormone levels?

rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Talk about the definition of an idiot.

The guy is standing in a supermarket trying to use the logic that no other species drinks milk after childhood. What other species shops in a supermarket?
    I hate how people use logic like this. The problem is that it seems so "right" to many people who hear it.

Other species do not drink milk...this is in part due to the fact that most other species cannot milk a ****ing cow.
    Richard Anderson, M.D.

I eat and thoroughly enjoy egg whites; for some reason you now think you are smarter than me. This makes me smile.

Pubmed: helpin' the anti-Bros post links to abstracts of studies they never read...anything less is Broscience!

-To the PubMed ninjas; you are what is wrong with the internet.

Originally Posted by ironhaldane View Post
    skim milk has more bio-available protein than whole.[/b]
    Wrong

Originally Posted by ironhaldane View Post
    the less fat the more easily your can use the protein efficiently.
    Wrong.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    His "theories" are illogical, so, but for the humor, what's the value?

Value? Well his resume in the fitness industry should say something about his knowledge to some degree... Is he right about everything. NO. But really neither are you and me. But judging from the replies to almost every post anyone makes in the nutrition section, you seem to have the RIGHT answer for everything.

But would you really sit there and argue with somebody that has accomplished so much in what they do. Everyone has there thoughts on what works and what doesn't.

But I'll keep my thoughts to mysel from now on.

js317 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Too much milk = excess phosphorus in your kidneys = higher stress on your kidneys = higher risk for kidney stones.

You shouldn't be drinking more than 3 glasses of milk or else if you add up the calcium in the 3 glasses and the calcium you get from other foods you'll end up excess amount of calcium.............. and kidney stones hurt

reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reg926 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gallon of milk a day is absolutely disturbing. That will take a toll on your stomach.

Originally Posted by js317 View Post
    Too much milk = excess phosphorus in your kidneys = higher stress on your kidneys = higher risk for kidney stones.
    You realize that a gallon of milk has a median concentration of 4.6 grams of phosphorus, don't you?

And I don't have the energy to touch the calcium nonsense.