SPbrandon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is too much milk bad for your gut?

Ok I use fat free milk in my whey protein shakes (16oz per shake) and I have 2-3 a day. Is that too much milk to consume?? Will that not help with getting rid off the belly? I cardio 4-5 days a week, and weight train 4-5 days a week, and eat about 2700-3000 calories a day. I get my 1-1.5 grams of protein a day(mostly through shakes, and chicken breast). But I cant seem to shed the fat on my belly and chest area. What the hell am I doing wrong??

6'1 /185/ 22years
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do for a while, but it gets you nowhere

the protein shake i drink is ISS whey matrix, with fat free milk added(16oz) the shake totals are:

cals:420
    carbs: 36
    protein: 62
    fat: 4

I dont eat more than 150 carbs in a day, and I get flenty of protein and fat from flax and nuts. I eat right and workout and do cardio, I dont get why I am not losing fat, dont wanna lose weight, just fat.

what else can be done??

foods I mainly eat: eggs, chicken breast, lean meats, turkey breast, ham, sometimes raisin bran for the fiber. Drink about 1.5 gallons of water a day.

supplements: Xenedrine RFA-1, ISS whey Matrix, L-glutamine by ISS, centrum multi vitamin, alpha lipoic acid 200mg a day
    Last edited by SPbrandon; 05-30-2003 at 02:11 PM.
    Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do for a while, but it gets you nowhere

acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) acumenjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    consume less calories. at 185lbs try knocking your intake to about 2000-2200 instead of 2700-3000 and you should be able to kickstart your fat loss. do it gradually. for 1 week get in about 2500 then the next week maybe knock it down to 2000-2200. hope this helps. any other thoughts?
    "You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't." - Unknown

as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    or more cardio.

one or the other, but the calorie deficit isn't there if your not losing.

ok i had a typo on the calories if I add up what I did yesterday, this is what it looks like

BREAKFAST
    1) 3 eggs
    210 cal/18pro/3carb/13.5 fat
    2) Shake
    420 cal/36carb/62pro/4fat
    SNACK
    3) nuts
    160 cal/ 6 pro/8 carbs/13 fat
    LUNCH
    4) chicken breast
    130 cal/26 pro/0 carb/2 fat
    5) Shake
    DINNER
    6) Chicken breast
    130 cal/26 pro/0 carb/2 fat
    7) shake
    TOTALS:
    1890 CALS/ 262 PROTEIN/ 119 CARBS/40.5 FAT

plus 45 minute weight training and 20 mins HIIT, that is pretty much what i eat, a few things change here and there, like sandwiches and things of that nature, beef jerkey for snacks, and about 1.5-2 gallons of water

I am going to start adding a table spoon of flax into one of my shakes per day also, I am building up the cardio time, but 20 is all i can do at once after weight training, I am gonna try to do it when i get up and see how that works, but for now 20 is all i can do.

as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    don't TRY and do it when you wake up. DO it when you wake up.

just by saying your going to TRY your setting yourself up for failure and giving yourself an excuse....

"oh, well, I tried"

if you don't reach your goal it will be because your TRYING to do cardio and ESTIMATING your calories. If you DO your cardio and KNOW your calories you will succeed.

you want the results right ?

Originally posted by as0l0
    don't TRY and do it when you wake up. DO it when you wake up.

just by saying your going to TRY your setting yourself up for failure and giving yourself an excuse....

"oh, well, I tried"

if you don't reach your goal it will be because your TRYING to do cardio and ESTIMATING your calories. If you DO your cardio and KNOW your calories you will succeed.

you want the results right ?
    i do want results but, I bartend at night and dont get off work till 4 in the morning by the time I go to bed it is 5, then I have to be at school at 11, so I usually dont have the energy or time to run in the morning. that is why i do it at night. But thanks for trying
    Last edited by SPbrandon; 05-30-2003 at 05:58 PM.

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You are probably overtraining. Take a week off of weights and possibly cardio (don't do HIIT). When you get back to the weights, your body will finally have had a chance to supercompensate. Do this while reducing your calories as mentioned before. Chances are you will get a great pump, take a few days off after a cycle and start to appreciate rest a litte more...that while reducing your cals gradually to 2200 or so should do it.

sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sticklegs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    also check how much sodium you are taking in you may be holding a lot of water weight
    Cartman: "Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad. "

"Christ died for our sins. Dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them?"
    ..........Jules Feiffer