hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

MADCOW 5x5, squat replacement?

My gym membership just expired, and I'm moving to another part of HK in 4 months which means i'll have to wait to join a gym. For now I'm using my universities gym.

I've recently been making great gains on the madcow program, and catching up on my legs which were lacking due to a bike incident.

Since switching gym's i've had to use a smith machine to squat. I hate the smith in the first place, but for squat its a nightmare. Its almost impossible to get decent form when going heavy. Feet too far back, it destroys my knees. Too far forward, kills my lower back.

My question is, to take the program serious, is it better to try and find good form on the smith...or try to use the leg press which is my only other option.

Thanks in advance
    Real men deadlift.

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Leg Press, hack squat, and front squat could fit the bill.

hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hkhc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pump Freak 86 View Post
    Leg Press, hack squat, and front squat could fit the bill.
    Hack squat would need to be done on the smith still. I like front squat, but hard to go heavy on it.

We don't even have a bench press rack in my gym, i'm having to have local lift the bar 1 either side for me to bench. I tried to do the same for squat, but the locals here like to be skinny...so it was too heavy for them
    Real men deadlift.

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...HackSquat.html

are there no free barbells in your current gym?

Originally Posted by Pump Freak 86 View Post
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...HackSquat.html

are there no free barbells in your current gym?
    Spot on, cheers
    Real men deadlift.