bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Please evaluate my routine

Hey guys,
    I am a college tennis player..about 5 11.5 and around 170 pounds.
    I started lifting heavily a couple months ago. At first I lost weight in body fat and then I converted it to muscle. I would like to gain 5 pounds of muscle before the season. Please evaluate my routine:

Day 1
    Chest, shoulders, traps, and abs followed by 1 mile running

Day 2
    Legs, back followed by 1 mile running

Day 3
    Biceps, triceps, and abs followed by 1 mile running

Day 4
    Rest, maybe some cardio

Day 5
    Repeat day 1

Day 6
    Repeat day 2

Day 7
    Rest, maybe some cardio

Here is my typical mealplan:
    Breakfast: 1 bowl of cereal, 1 banana, 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 piece of wheat toast
    Protein shake: 50 grams of protein
    Lunch: 1 chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread, celery, couscous, and 1 apple, and beans
    Snack: Cottage cheese with nuts and berries, 1 banana
    Dinner: Varies...Usually chicken or meat, potatoes or brown rice, beans, brocolli, 1 apple
    Snack: 1 power bar, 1 apple, 1 piece of whole wheat toast

Please let me know what you think!! Also, take a look at my pictures

I want to find the right balance between living healthily and working out in a manageable way..I do not want to become too obsessed with working out or my body. Often times I find myself looking in the mirror but I would just like to continue my routine and not think about this stuff. Any tips?

Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Strongwolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's not bad..but i prefer shoulder/legs/abs....back/biceps....chest/triceps/abs

TheJake504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think the routine looks good. just make sure you continue to eat right and hit the weights hard. and be sure to do less reps with more weight if youre trying to pack on the muscle

ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Routine need some improvement!

Originally Posted by bdub17 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am a college tennis player..about 5 11.5 and around 170 pounds.
    I started lifting heavily a couple months ago. At first I lost weight in body fat and then I converted it to muscle. I would like to gain 5 pounds of muscle before the season. Please evaluate my routine:

Day 1
    Chest, shoulders, traps, and abs followed by 1 mile running

Day 2
    Legs, back followed by 1 mile running

Day 3
    Biceps, triceps, and abs followed by 1 mile running

Day 4
    Rest, maybe some cardio

Day 5
    Repeat day 1

Day 6
    Repeat day 2

Day 7
    Rest, maybe some cardio

Here is my typical mealplan:
    Breakfast: 1 bowl of cereal, 1 banana, 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 piece of wheat toast
    Protein shake: 50 grams of protein
    Lunch: 1 chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread, celery, couscous, and 1 apple, and beans
    Snack: Cottage cheese with nuts and berries, 1 banana
    Dinner: Varies...Usually chicken or meat, potatoes or brown rice, beans, brocolli, 1 apple
    Snack: 1 power bar, 1 apple, 1 piece of whole wheat toast

Please let me know what you think!! Also, take a look at my pictures

I want to find the right balance between living healthily and working out in a manageable way..I do not want to become too obsessed with working out or my body. Often times I find myself looking in the mirror but I would just like to continue my routine and not think about this stuff. Any tips?
    You eating and stuff looks fine. However, the training is not set out very good at all.

Some basic guidelines:

1) You should not be working out on two many simultaneous days and you shouldn't train a muscle group more than once a week.

2) Also, generally, its a lot better (if ure doing a split which i assume you are) to group similar motions together. Because when you work back, youre biceps receive secondary strain, and chest causes secondary tricep strain (and shoulders (with upper chest)). So therefore, when grouping you group these together.

3) Legs are half you're body, do them on separate days!

4) Avoid much cardio on the training days (one mile should be okay!)

bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bdub17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ninja1992 View Post
    You eating and stuff looks fine. However, the training is not set out very good at all.

Some basic guidelines:

1) You should not be working out on two many simultaneous days and you shouldn't train a muscle group more than once a week.

2) Also, generally, its a lot better (if ure doing a split which i assume you are) to group similar motions together. Because when you work back, youre biceps receive secondary strain, and chest causes secondary tricep strain (and shoulders (with upper chest)). So therefore, when grouping you group these together.

3) Legs are half you're body, do them on separate days!

4) Avoid much cardio on the training days (one mile should be okay!)

Ninja...thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it.

How would you lay out the days if you were me? By the way, the way they are grouped I got most of that from a muscle and fitness magazine.

Thanks

ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bdub17 View Post
    Ninja...thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it.

How would you lay out the days if you were me? By the way, the way they are grouped I got most of that from a muscle and fitness magazine.

Thanks
    Personally, I dont like spending too much time in the gym each day. If I were you, I would probably use something like this:

Day 1:
    Chest/Tri

Day 2:
    Cardio

Day 3:
    Back/Biceps

Day 4:
    Cardio

Day 5:
    Shoulders
    Abs

Days 6:
    Legs

Days 7:
    Cardio

Just keep it simple really. Each workout intense and short!

I'm not sure what to say about the magazines you been reading!.. umm.. stop maybe.. lol.. but yh.. adjust according to wat you feel comfortable, and have fun!