Flamewall203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sudden drop in strength?

Quick background on my workouts, all done on Fasted Training Protocol.
    I do a 3 day split w/ cardio. Goes like this

Day 1: Upper Body
    Day 2: Lower Body
    Day 3: Cardio

This has been working great for me so far (gained muscle, lost fat) but about 2 weeks ago my biceps started losing strength like crazy about the same time as when I started working on my triceps more. Size is the same but weights I used to cool off with I now struggle to reach 8 reps with. Anyone have any experience with this or something like it? My diet hasnt changed and its all in check, btw
    Come at me, bro

subzero2891 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) subzero2891 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you rest after those 3 days?

mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Flamewall203 View Post
    Quick background on my workouts, all done on Fasted Training Protocol.
    I do a 3 day split w/ cardio. Goes like this

Day 1: Upper Body
    Day 2: Lower Body
    Day 3: Cardio

This has been working great for me so far (gained muscle, lost fat) but about 2 weeks ago my biceps started losing strength like crazy about the same time as when I started working on my triceps more. Size is the same but weights I used to cool off with I now struggle to reach 8 reps with. Anyone have any experience with this or something like it? My diet hasnt changed and its all in check, btw
    Let me get this straight...you are not consuming fuel before a workout...and you have hit a wall? It did work in the beginning, but now...you dont eat, and dont have the strength to perform lifts you did? ...and you're not eating...
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep
    http://infinitelabsstore.com/

♦♦ I Am Juggernaut Challenge ♦♦ Win a Trip to the 2011 Mr. Olympia!!!
    www.iamjuggernaut.com
    http://iamjuggernaut.com/rules.pdf

Group Juggernaut!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=30172

Visit Infinite Labs on ********:
    http://www.********.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

ROM and MMC are more important than EGO
    400Lb Gorilla

teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teerplid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by subzero2891 View Post
    Do you rest after those 3 days?
    ^this, your body might need more rest if ure going consecutively, if ure doing a ahrdcore cardio day after a leg day ure body will definately be drained

skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10) skelitore is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe you should change your program up a bit. I hit a wall sometimes you just need to push through it to get to that next level some good music on the Ipod might help. There are a lot of people who dont eat before a work out if your getting up at 4 or 5 am but you may wanna add some ensure or boost in the morning a banana something.. or carb load the night before runners do it all the time.
    Last edited by skelitore; 01-23-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Flamewall203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take one day a week to rest completely.. But I think Ill start carbing up now and see how that goes. Thanks for the help and advice guys!
    Come at me, bro

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sudden drop in strength usually means that you haven't been getting enough of something in your diet.

Dietary fat is important for muscle recovery and hormone levels.
    Carbs (an unfortunate scape-goat in most diet plans) are important for muscular glycogen levels and quick burn energy.
    Protein ... well that's just obvious.

Even if you're eating at a deficit, you need to make sure you cover all your bases or you risk your workouts and energy levels suffering.