Registered User BeyondTheBest32's Avatar
    BeyondTheBest32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Arrow Running then lifting

Hey guys,
    Usually I run before I work out, Im trying to cut my fat but then get muscles. I run about 3 - 4 miles every time I go to the gym. I go to the gym Mon, Wed, and Sat. The day I don't go I rest. Then I workout after running. I want to know opinions if this is good what I am doing. Some times I feel like I am losing too much of my muscles when I am running. But other wise I want to lose the weight but also get my muscles. So what do you guys think?
    Transformation in the making.

dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no, its not good.

best option: run on different day when not lifting
    mid option: run after workout
    Shit option: run before workout
    I rep back 5k+, just say 5k+

reps for life: Vai , Cgrimaldo

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dunkalicious View Post
    no, its not good.

best option: run on different day when not lifting
    mid option: run after workout
    Shit option: run before workout
    ^ This is pretty much on target. You're not going to put yourself in a catabolic state and then gain muscle. From personal experience (~20 yrs) I have to say the two are mutually exclusive. The best looking result will come from training to gain (eat in surplus, carefully) and then after some target time/weight/whatever go to a leaning phase (running & lower cal diet) letting your body take the lead on any strength declines. You'll lose weight and people will comment how much 'bigger' you look.

TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDM22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should a run a little just to get the blood flowing before you lift, but no where near 4-5 miles

OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If possible like mentioned before, run either on a rest day, or after your workout. Not before.

zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zoot494 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i find that running for 5-10 min before working out helps me lift harder...

but then again...thats not 5 miles =P

deltaboy-94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BeyondTheBest32 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Usually I run before I work out, Im trying to cut my fat but then get muscles. I run about 3 - 4 miles every time I go to the gym. I go to the gym Mon, Wed, and Sat. The day I don't go I rest. Then I workout after running. I want to know opinions if this is good what I am doing. Some times I feel like I am losing too much of my muscles when I am running. But other wise I want to lose the weight but also get my muscles. So what do you guys think?
    i would rearange my workout to doing cardio on a day where thats all i do. i like to do a little running warm up before lifting but no 4-5 miles lol. maybe 4-5 minutes of abt 6-8 mps.

_pure_mule_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _pure_mule_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _pure_mule_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _pure_mule_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _pure_mule_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _pure_mule_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) _pure_mule_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man, I dont know a whole pile about it.. but I do know a lot of people at my gym run after their workout. I asked one of the body builders at my gym who had a nibe bit of experience and he said it was scientifically proven that running after a workout does not take from your weight training!
    I can do all things, through him who strengthens me. Philippines 4:13

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle....victorious.

justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) justriot has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey guys,
    People usually run after lifting weights.. so they can save their energy for the weights...
    but running 3-4 miles is not harmful.. its a short distance run... You can still lose body fat and gain muscles by running this much before a work out... This will actually condition your body to be stronger than the next guy cuz most people dont run as much... Check out the Marines and Navy Seals, they run 6 miles every morning before physical training... And their ****in tough and strong...

Remmeber to think of the run as a warm up, and lift heavy, and run again... and eat a lot!!!
    you'll b fine.
    Current IST:
    1.5 mile - 10.16
    Crunches - 136
    Pull-ups - 14

Leaving for Bootcamp 02/14/11

pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    ^ This is pretty much on target. You're not going to put yourself in a catabolic state and then gain muscle. From personal experience (~20 yrs) I have to say the two are mutually exclusive. The best looking result will come from training to gain (eat in surplus, carefully) and then after some target time/weight/whatever go to a leaning phase (running & lower cal diet) letting your body take the lead on any strength declines. You'll lose weight and people will comment how much 'bigger' you look.
    teen section. age 40. ==00000 wahhhhh

anyway. i run 1/2 a mile before my workout just to get loose and sweaty then after ill run another mile on the treadmill doing intervals then 1 mile on the elyptical, hit the sauna to feel refreshed and make like a banana and split
    -BALTIMORE RAVENS-ORIOLES-TCUFOOTBALL-SPURS-
    *MISC COLOGNE CREW*
    "Ever love someone so much you'd do anything for them? Well.. Make that someone your self and do whatever the hell you want." Harvey S.

Registered User BeyondTheBest32's Avatar
    BeyondTheBest32 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Alright thanks guys opinions guy's
    I am going to continue running before workout, but i will increase the workout time much much more and the intensity level.
    Transformation in the making.

bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bcroger2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

I would lift then run, because if you want to lift to your full potential you need lots of energy, to get all the strength that you can potentially get from a workout. Running on low energy will give you the same benefit on running on high energy (in terms of heart health) provided you try equally as hard.