noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5x5 3 days a week. What about the other 2 days?

I was wondering about the bill star's5x5 program. Is it ok if i do other workouts on Tuesday and thursday? Or does that hurt my 3 days i'm doing my workout? Maybe can i do certain exercises that wont affect my 3 days?
    " GOALS ARE ONLY A LIMIT OF WHAT YOU CAN EXCEED"

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't even think about it.

Squat or remove thy self caerus13's Avatar
    caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000) caerus13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Read the program, for the love of god.

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

Substituting Exercises:
    Don't **** with this. Every bodybuilder seems to have Attention Deficit Disorder and an overwhelming desire to customize everything. The bottom line is that these are all the most effective exercises and just about anything one does will result in less gains. As a rule those people who want to change it don't know enough to make proper alterations - those who do know enough, don't have much to change. The guy who is responsible for this program is of the best on the planet at bulking lifters and making people stronger. It's kind of like Sesame Street's Elmo offering neurosurgery advice at NYU. Anyway, it's absolutely essential not to screw with the squats, they are the foundation of this program. If you want to sub inclines or push presses for military that's okay. Do not sub machines - don't even think about it, hit yourself with a plate if you must. For arms choose a single biceps and triceps exercise and perform them at the end once per week for 3 sets of whatever - your arms will take a beating from all the pulling and pressing anyway. If you want to chin on Wednesday or do a few sets of pulldowns/ups that's fine (avoid the machines if you can use bodyweight). Core work is always fine. Cardio is fine - interval training is the best for this I'll just throw out. If this is just too much mental strain, take solace in the fact that it's just a few weeks, you'll gain a ton of muscle and strength and then you can spend the next 4 weeks adding the minute detail to refine the gained mass (like most care anyway - I have yet to meet a guy on this board who will trade 20lbs of muscle for a bit of added detail somewhere). In a nutshell, put your trust in some of the better coaches on the planet and enjoy the results.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by noodles36 View Post
    Maybe can i do certain exercises that wont affect my 3 days?
    Knife and fork curls.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodles36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by caerus13 View Post
    Read the program, for the love of god.

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

Substituting Exercises:
    Don't **** with this. Every bodybuilder seems to have Attention Deficit Disorder and an overwhelming desire to customize everything. The bottom line is that these are all the most effective exercises and just about anything one does will result in less gains. As a rule those people who want to change it don't know enough to make proper alterations - those who do know enough, don't have much to change. The guy who is responsible for this program is of the best on the planet at bulking lifters and making people stronger. It's kind of like Sesame Street's Elmo offering neurosurgery advice at NYU. Anyway, it's absolutely essential not to screw with the squats, they are the foundation of this program. If you want to sub inclines or push presses for military that's okay. Do not sub machines - don't even think about it, hit yourself with a plate if you must. For arms choose a single biceps and triceps exercise and perform them at the end once per week for 3 sets of whatever - your arms will take a beating from all the pulling and pressing anyway. If you want to chin on Wednesday or do a few sets of pulldowns/ups that's fine (avoid the machines if you can use bodyweight). Core work is always fine. Cardio is fine - interval training is the best for this I'll just throw out. If this is just too much mental strain, take solace in the fact that it's just a few weeks, you'll gain a ton of muscle and strength and then you can spend the next 4 weeks adding the minute detail to refine the gained mass (like most care anyway - I have yet to meet a guy on this board who will trade 20lbs of muscle for a bit of added detail somewhere). In a nutshell, put your trust in some of the better coaches on the planet and enjoy the results.
    THX alot man this is exactly what I was looking for. Some of us try to get quick answers. Sorry ive been doing homework for 8 hours straight. Don't got a lot of time to be researching other stuff

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    Knife and fork curls.
    This.

I would also accept dinner plate curls.

THX alot man this is exactly what I was looking for. Some of us try to get quick answers. Sorry ive been doing homework for 8 hours straight. Don't got a lot of time to be researching other stuff
    Stop making excuses. Take the time on your off day where you would be looking for extraneous crap to do in the gym and do your research then.

Being unable to take 10-15 minutes to research what you will spend multiple hours doing per week is just silly.

Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Twstd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    Knife and fork curls.
    LOL stolen.
    Never underestimate daily, consistent action coupled with the magical power of time.

TEEN SECTION: The uneducated trying to educate the uneducated.

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    This.

I would also accept dinner plate curls.

Stop making excuses. Take the time on your off day where you would be looking for extraneous crap to do in the gym and do your research then.

Being unable to take 10-15 minutes to research what you will spend multiple hours doing per week is just silly.
    Why don't they just shut down the forums and have everyone research there own stuff? I read some of the workout i must of just missed that piece. Not a big deal man

tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why don't they just shut down the forums and have everyone research there own stuff? I read some of the workout i must of just missed that piece. Not a big deal man
    You read "some" of the workout (I'm going to guess just the sets and reps) and started asking questions. That's what annoys everyone. Read the whole thing.

Well im just gonna do cardio and play some basketball on my days off. It said not to add any exercises, but do you guys think about ab exercises are included in that or just actual weight lifting? Im not putting any extra strain on the 5x5 days from ab exercises it seems like

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well im just gonna do cardio and play some basketball on my days off. It said not to add any exercises, but do you guys think about ab exercises are included in that or just actual weight lifting? Im not putting any extra strain on the 5x5 days from ab exercises it seems like
    Seriously?

You need your abs/core for squats and pulls and presses.