Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

ITT: The king of chest exercise

Decline bench press. (Serious)

To many of you this may come as a surprise but believe it or not, imo and going by what Dorian Yate says decline is the best followed by flat and then incline. Ever since i've started doing heavy decline benchpress and starting my chest day from decline my chest has gotten a lot better. TBH, i have horrible genetics when it comes to chest muscle, decline work has improved my chest a lot. Incline is my least priority and it's one of my least favorite exercises.

cliffs- if u're having trouble building chest, try decline benchpress as your main exercise.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.

Check it out:- http://www.tahara.ca/products.html

Assalamualikom ^_^!

chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bump
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mangino is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so what are your lifts like?

flat / incline /decline

sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakaz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been doing the exact same opposite with Incline BP... I'll try this out though because tbh I don't go very heavy on declines
    **Notorious D.I.B.191 crew**
    **clappin cheeks crew**

32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 32gOfNattyPB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    incline DB press and incline DB fly!
    Best pre-workout ever:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/legal/anadraulic-state-gt.html

Best protein products:
    Muscle Feast

Best Egg white product:
    pending :)

GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i thought dorian said incline was best.

db incline>the rest

AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AusPower has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It varies for different people.
    Bench: 572lbs (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrAfn0TfkY&feature=youtu.be)
    Squat: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/hnvJ0SdCYKw)
    Deadlift: 924lbs (https://youtu.be/KDS6TQ_--eM)
    Bent Over Row: 485lbs (https://youtu.be/dc-t9k3f208)
    Over Head Press: 405lbs (https://youtu.be/h3o4jOBa8IM)

.:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) .:Chris:. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like weighted dips better.
    RN/Healthcare Crew - FGC Crew

Registered Nurse? Or work in the healthcare? Come join
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147557373
    Pro-Gun. Pro-Rights.
    ௵leoaa777 krazedxboi

Originally Posted by GholaTeg View Post

db incline>the rest
    Nope. he says we shouldn't even do incline, it's that bad. (srs)

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000) Highstick12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chashma1 View Post
    Why? Doesn't hit the perctorals or because it puts a lot of strain on the shoulders and rotator cuffs?

GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GholaTeg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    uhhh in blood and guts he starts off chest with incline bb press

also from an interview

Dorian Yates
    Q | I've been training for four years straight. I weigh 190 pounds and can bench 315 pounds, which people tell me is pretty good. But my chest isn't growing the way I think it should. How can I spark some life into my pecs?

A | More than anything, you may need to make a mental adjustment before you can get your chest to start growing. Right off the bat, you wrote how much you can bench press. That's fine if you're looking to be a powerlifter, but for bodybuilding purposes, the weight you can bench is pretty much irrelevant.

I've seen so many trainers get caught up in the hype of the big bench. It's almost like an addiction for some. They call themselves bodybuilders, yet the first thing they do on chest day is run to the flat bench and pile on as much weight as they can, regardless of their ability to use proper form. I can certainly understand the appeal of being strong and of besting your last workout, but never at the expense of the true goal of any bodybuilder, which is building muscle.

I don't even include flat benching in my pec routine, because I think it stresses the front deltoids far too much to be an effective exercise for building the chest. Also, the angle of the flat bench press puts the pec tendons in a vulnerable position. Many torn pecs in bodybuilding have been the result of heavy flat bench presses.

So what do I do for chest? My chest routine comprises four exercises, which together hit the pecs from every angle required to ensure total development.

My first exercise is incline barbell presses. I feel that pressing on an incline as well as on a decline allows a better range of movement than flat bench presses. The angle of the bench should be low--about 30 degrees. Some people don't have the range of motion in their shoulders to come all of the way down to the upper chest when performing these, whether it's due to a structural limitation or an injury. If this is your case, don't force the issue. Come down as far as you can without doing damage to your shoulder joints. Keep the bar under control at all times, making sure to forcefully squeeze your pecs at the top of the movement.

From inclines, I move on to Hammer Strength seated bench presses. I've gone into detail recently in this column as to why I like Hammer Strength machines so much. Suffice to say they will serve your chest-building needs far better than barbell flat bench presses. You can really feel the burn at the top of this movement and get a great stretch in the pecs at the bottom without having to worry about getting stuck under the weight.

Next up are incline dumbbell flyes, which work the middle and outer pecs. Again, keep about a 30-degree incline to the bench and make sure you concentrate on using strict form. It's not about the weight here. Imagine you are hugging a tree, and keep your arms locked in that position throughout the movement.

Finally, I do a single set of cable crossovers. This exercise isn't essential for beginners and intermediate bodybuilders, but it's a nice way to impart an extra burn to the pecs at the end of the workout.

Remember, bodybuilding is supposed to be about quality, not quantity. If you concentrate on quality in your training, the quantity will soon follow.

DORIAN YATES' CHEST-BLASTING ROUTINE

EXERCISE SETS REPS

Incline barbell presses 1* 12
    1* 10
    1* 8
    1 8
    Hammer Strength seated bench presses 1* 10
    1 6-8
    Incline dumbbell flyes 1* 10
    1 8
    Cable crossovers 1 10-12

NOTE: Beginners and intermediate bodybuilders should perform two or
    three sets of each exercise.
    * Warm-up set

BY Dorian Yates

SIX-TIME MR. OLYMPIA
    http://www.dorianyates.net/dorian/si...read.php?t=593

Originally Posted by Highstick12 View Post
    Why? Doesn't hit the perctorals or because it puts a lot of strain on the shoulders and rotator cuffs?
    Puts lots of strain in the shoulders. According to him, incline is more like 40% shoulder exercise and 60% chest. While decline hits the most amount of muscle fibers. I agree with him

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spartan87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^^nice quote kill

edit OP reference post #11
    "... so they don't need to train as hard as I do.
    But I have to work fuking hard.
    My talent is being a masochist."

-Patxi Usobiaga

iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iabs has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

db incline>the rest
    this.

The hardest part of the chest muscle to develop is the upper part, and the hardest chest exercise is incline, I advise to always start your chest workouts with incline, then flat, and finally decline, going from hardest to easiest exercise, I finish all my chest workouts with flys.
    300 Forever

soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) soccer9gm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

also from an interview

in blood and guts, he starts off with DECLINE bb press..
    YNWA
    such 1k+

ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Incline Barbell for me.

also from an interview

Is this his recent workout routine?

Well i watched him train people in a muscular development video series, he says decline was the best and incline should be avoided.

Assalamualikom ^_^!

R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000) R_A_M_R_0_D is just really nice. (+1000)
    bb decline?

smith bb decline ok? and I don't want to hear **** about smith limiting your core strength because I get enough "core strength" from squats and deads

Originally Posted by iabs View Post
    this.

The hardest part of the chest muscle to develop is the upper part, and the hardest chest exercise is incline, I advise to always start your chest workouts with incline, then flat, and finally decline, going from hardest to easiest exercise, I finish all my chest workouts with flys.
    Well, for you it might be. I realize everyone's body is different. Anyways, dorian refutes that incline builds upper chest, he says it's simply not going to happen that u can grow upper chest. Chest is one big muscle, u cant grow chest on top and not on bottom. You know what i'm saying?

Assalamualikom ^_^!

bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000) bdub69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i love doing db incline press. it's my favorite chest exercise

cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    or dips rights?

wouldnt you have a really ****ty upper chest if u dont do any incline?

cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cinemod is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, for you it might be. I realize everyone's body is different. Anyways, dorian refutes that incline builds upper chest, he says it's simply not going to happen that u can grow upper chest. Chest is one big muscle, u cant grow chest on top and not on bottom. You know what i'm saying?
    sure you can.

Originally Posted by Mangino View Post
    so what are your lifts like?

flat / incline /decline
    Decline/ 245 for 7-9 reps
    Flat 205/ 7-9 reps
    incline 175-185/ 7-9 reps

With controlled motion! touching the chest and slow on the negative

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Puts lots of strain in the shoulders. According to him, incline is more like 40% shoulder exercise and 60% chest. While decline hits the most amount of muscle fibers. I agree with him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86TYYpaMoA

@4.15 he has them doing incline db press

Originally Posted by soccer9gm View Post
    in blood and guts, he starts off with DECLINE bb press..
    thats not the real blood and guts (the one from the 90's). you're thinking about the blood and guts training seminars

AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000) AA43560 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It has a clavicular head and a sternal head (srs). Incline hits the clavicular head.

http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/PectoralisClavicular.html
    http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/PectoralisSternal.html

btw op how much you weigh?
    Best lifts (Don't lift for strength anymore. No more deadlifts or squats)
    270 Bench Max
    340 Squat Max
    495 Deadlift Max

STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) STPinPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Decline bench press. (Serious)

To many of you this may come as a surprise but believe it or not, imo and going by what Dorian Yate says decline is the best followed by flat and then incline. Ever since i've started doing heavy decline benchpress and starting my chest day from decline my chest has gotten a lot better. TBH, i have horrible genetics when it comes to chest muscle, decline work has improved my chest a lot. Incline is my least priority and it's one of my least favorite exercises.

cliffs- if u're having trouble building chest, try decline benchpress as your main exercise.
    I do:

4 sets of incline dumbbell press, 8-10 reps
    3 sets of bench press, 8-10 reps
    3 sets of incline flies, 8-10 reps
    3 sets of push-ups until failure (weighted)

I don't know why more people don't do weighted pushups they're an incredible compound exercise.

shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000) shellski is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm going to have to say fuk you, and no, cables are the best.

Originally Posted by cinemod View Post
    or dips rights?

wouldnt you have a really ****ty upper chest if u dont do any incline?
    idk man. incline has been my last exercise, and for me all i've seen is improvement in my chest. I know some people who have gotten great results with incline though.

Assalamualikom ^_^!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86TYYpaMoA

@4.15 he has them doing incline db press

thats not the real blood and guts (the one from the 90's). you're thinking about the blood and guts training seminars
    Even in this one you can see he starts off with decline. It was a video that had muscular development watermark on it, and it was posted in the misc. Some brah made a thread saying something like "dorian says decline > incline" or something.

In it, he clearly says 'Don't even do incline.' No joke. as i said i still do incline work but very little.

Assalamualikom ^_^!