Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kbrebel04 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did you go with your maintenance+20% on training days and maintenance-20% on off days?

I'm about to start and that's what I'm doing. My intent is cutting but I was wondering if I should do just maintenance on training days instead of 500 more cals

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by polar775 View Post
    wow..

im definitely going to read up on IF now
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

I'm 2 weeks deep and I love it

danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You've inspired me to dry the lean gains eating method this week and I have to say fasted training is awesome and the actual feeling of being full on a cut post workout is awesome (eating over 800 cals per sitting is so satisfying)....

Nice progress OP

defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ace92 View Post
    Hey one really quick question. When you cut do you change up your calories on workout days and non-workout days. Or is it the same everyday. I know you eat less carbs.
    When bulking, I stay in a surplus..when cutting, I stay in a deficit (except for refeed days).

Originally Posted by NegativeX View Post
    MIND = blown

Once I hit 10-12% bodyfat, I'm definitely giving this a shot...
    It's useful for anyone, despite your current bodyfat %. My roommate is around 20% bf and I got him on it. He's losing weight and gaining strength at the moment.

Originally Posted by almightyares View Post
    Nice work.

You had a good body before it, seems as though the people with the most success are the ones that have a decent body before leangains.

Id like to see a fat person on lean gains before and after.
    Well it was first designed for people to gain muscle mass without gaining fat. But it's great for fat loss as well...There's a bunch of people with higher bodyfat that's following the IF method. Check out the Leangains/IF thread in the advanced fat loss section! (I think it's there)

Originally Posted by polar775 View Post
    wow..

im definitely going to read up on IF now
    I'm loving it.

Originally Posted by DenseUnit View Post
    Mirin and also mad

Been on I.F for 2 weeks now. Leaning up better then i was eating 6 - 8 times a day.

Never going back to that mentality.
    Lol, I feel ya. Just be glad you discovered it, and had an open mind to try it out! I'll never go back either.
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

--------------------------------------------------

www.********.com/dalbzfitness
    www.dalbzfitness.com

defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kbrebel04 View Post
    Did you go with your maintenance+20% on training days and maintenance-20% on off days?

I'm about to start and that's what I'm doing. My intent is cutting but I was wondering if I should do just maintenance on training days instead of 500 more cals
    If you're cutting, I would say stay in a deficit all the time (incorporate a refeed day once a week or so).

Originally Posted by danzink View Post
    You've inspired me to dry the lean gains eating method this week and I have to say fasted training is awesome and the actual feeling of being full on a cut post workout is awesome (eating over 800 cals per sitting is so satisfying)....

Nice progress OP
    Haha, that's awesome man. Glad people are trying out the fasted training sessions! I absolutely love it. Keep it up!
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

www.dalbzfitness.com

Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Echo811 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Amazing! Still a little confused sense every thing about leangains goes against what I have always read, but may try it soon!

Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Giving this a try for a week and seeing how things go. Problem is, due to my work schedule (Night shifts) and gyms operating hours, I can't fast for 16 hours straight because I need to be in and out of the gym before then....unless I start fasting well before I got to bed, I assume this is ok.
    I'm starting today and just woke up less than an hour ago and I've already got chronic hunger pains, AAAHHUHHHHHUUUHHGGG!!
    Last edited by Vai; 01-28-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Originally Posted by Echo811 View Post
    Amazing! Still a little confused sense every thing about leangains goes against what I have always read, but may try it soon!
    Sometimes different is better

Originally Posted by Vai View Post
    Giving this a try for a week and seeing how things go. Problem is, due to my work schedule (Night shifts) and gyms operating hours, I can't fast for 16 hours straight because I need to be in and out of the gym before then....unless I start fasting well before I got to bed, I assume this is ok.
    I'm starting today and just woke up less than an hour ago and I've already got chronic hunger pains, AAAHHUHHHHHUUUHHGGG!!
    Caffeine is your friend when in a fast. I love a sugar free amp, or some kind of low/no calorie carbonated beverage. Hits the spot and suppresses appetite just perfectly. Make sure to drink water as well. You'll discover little tricks, and after awhile hunger pains will not be an issue.
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

www.dalbzfitness.com

Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by defixon View Post
    Caffeine is your friend when in a fast. I love a sugar free amp, or some kind of low/no calorie carbonated beverage. Hits the spot and suppresses appetite just perfectly. Make sure to drink water as well. You'll discover little tricks, and after awhile hunger pains will not be an issue.
    Thanks bro, yeah the coffee kills the hunger pains pretty decently, think I might go get some XTEND.

Registered User isthatujonwayne's Avatar
    isthatujonwayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Traps

Originally Posted by Backtothestack View Post
    Heavy deads/shrugs should be all you need to get the traps going, worked for me, they seemed to really blow up in the 405lb+ ranges.
    Great work. Re: traps, I think they look fine, but one exercise I like for them are power shrugs. Basically a shrug from a high hang clean position (if that makes any sense). You can search for madcow power shrugs on the net and find a better description. I'm new to the forum and can't post any links yet. Sorry 'bout that.

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    you definitely look amazing (srs)
    mind sharing what a typical day of eating looks like? more like what you ate within the eating windows
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health

Registered User Mr.ProteinShake's Avatar
    Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mr.ProteinShake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lookin Ridiculously beast dude, what was your upper pec/shoulder routine? I gotta have it!

DeltaNitro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Amazing results! Starting my quest on Monday, and you have been a tremendous help!

just would like to ask if you followed the RPT, reverse pyramid training, with your work outs? AND what was your rep range?

Thanks again for the wealth of information. Anyone thinking about doing lean gains should read all 5 pages!

zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That is motivational, VERY damn nice job!

BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BobbyHeinz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ideal physique there my man.

Quick question - if I'm bulking on a diet of around 3400cals and going to give IF a try does it matter how I break my cals down?

Basically I would probably do:

Meal 1: 12PM
    Meal 2: 5pm
    Meal 3: 8pm

What I mean is could you do 1130cals each meal or should I do meal 1 25%, meal 2 25%, meal 3 50% as recommended on the website?

benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    do you think that i can succeed with IF with only taking caffeine and omega 3 supplements(no bcaa)?
    ~SCC Crew~
    2014 goals:
    -visit usa
    -get ripped
    -lose virginity
    -get rid of all of my health problems
    -handstand for 30 seconds no wall

IRepBack

-*In Memory of Guy Boyland a Warrior,Friend and a Brother whose life cut short by Hammas - R.I.P*-

Milk is for babies EnfantTerrible's Avatar
    Location: Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnfantTerrible will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by defixon View Post
    If you're cutting, I would say stay in a deficit all the time (incorporate a refeed day once a week or so).
    What does a refeed day consist of? I've started Leangains today, I'm on the two pre-workout meals protocol due to working 9-5, currently 11:43am in the UK and I am starving!

Common sense would suggest that a refeed day is just a day of calorie surplus once a week, I guess?

derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derick90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Repped!

PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great results, excellent job! Even way more convinced of using IF now.
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut
    2-1: 150 | 2-8: 149 | 2-15: 148.2 | 2-22: 150.8 | Month Total: +0.8
    3-1: xxx | 3-8: xxx | 3-15: xxx | 3-22: xxx | 3-29: xxx | Month Total:
    4-5: xxx | 4-12: xxx | 4-19: xxx | 4-26: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 5-3: xxx

blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    used the method to cut down from 14% bodyfat to 8% in 4 weeks mixed in with PSMF etc. I can attribute to OP's suggestion. **** is good for cutting
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man

Steroids- a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated

PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just wondering, for fasted training, is it okay to consume whey rather than BCAA pre-workout? Does that break the fast?
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut

blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PrettyReckless View Post
    Just wondering, for fasted training, is it okay to consume whey rather than BCAA pre-workout? Does that break the fast?
    Yes it does break the fast. Its a fair modification , but you won't be following the protocol

Originally Posted by blacksmith77 View Post
    Yes it does break the fast. Its a fair modification , but you won't be following the protocol
    So it should be BCAAs pre and post workout then. When should whey protein, multivits, and fish oil be taken in? During the first post WO meal?
    Last edited by PrettyReckless; 01-31-2011 at 06:09 AM.
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut

So it should be BCAAs pre and post workout then. When should whey protein, multivits, and fish oil be taken in? During the first post WO meal?
    Whenever you want during the fast. PWO would be fine if that is in your feeding window. Personally I like whole foods PWO

sunatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    used the method to cut down from 14% bodyfat to 8% in 4 weeks mixed in with PSMF etc. I can attribute to OP's suggestion. **** is good for cutting
    What's good for cutting? What's ***** ?

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sunatic View Post
    What's good for cutting? What's ***** ?
    I think the **** is supposed to be shit.

And by sht he meant IF. IF is good for cutting.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dback21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow looking amazing man, gunna have to give that a read later today.
    Awww yea!

sunatic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    I think the **** is supposed to be shit.

And by sht he meant IF. IF is good for cutting.
    Haha thanks, I thought there was something that got censored or something like that.

danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On the leangains site, it says whey is a suitable substitution for BCAA pre-workout, so go for it.

Multis and fish oil can be taken at the start of the day, if you read leangains.com it says it takes alot more than pills and trace foods to break the fast.

Whey should be taken after WO.

Originally Posted by DeltaNitro View Post
    Amazing results! Starting my quest on Monday, and you have been a tremendous help!

just would like to ask if you followed the RPT, reverse pyramid training, with your work outs? AND what was your rep range?

Thanks again for the wealth of information. Anyone thinking about doing lean gains should read all 5 pages!
    Thanks! I did not follow the reverse pyramid training, but I am going to look more into it for my bulk.

Originally Posted by BobbyHeinz View Post
    Ideal physique there my man.

Quick question - if I'm bulking on a diet of around 3400cals and going to give IF a try does it matter how I break my cals down?

Basically I would probably do:

Meal 1: 12PM
    Meal 2: 5pm
    Meal 3: 8pm

What I mean is could you do 1130cals each meal or should I do meal 1 25%, meal 2 25%, meal 3 50% as recommended on the website?
    Martin states that the biggest meal on lifting days should be your post-workout meal, and on non-lift days it should be your first meal. I never really stressed over it that much, but I did make sure my post-workout meal was always full of all sorts of calories/macros.

Originally Posted by EnfantTerrible View Post
    What does a refeed day consist of? I've started Leangains today, I'm on the two pre-workout meals protocol due to working 9-5, currently 11:43am in the UK and I am starving!

Common sense would suggest that a refeed day is just a day of calorie surplus once a week, I guess?
    Yea, a refeed day is a day where you should just raise your calories in order to reach your maintenance or surplus. Don't look at it as a cheat day though.

Good to hear man! Looking awesome in your avi.

I took 2 scoops of whey for my "fasted" training sessions since I hate to waste money on supplements.
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

www.dalbzfitness.com

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast