Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Bigger, Stronger, Faster. biggerthanlavar's Avatar
    biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn, I need to setup up a leangains/cut diet but for some reason, I just can't wrap my head around it lol. Cisco Routers and switches? no problem...IF cutting diet... FML!!!

Anyone have any suggestions? I workout at night at about 7:45pm for an hour or so. Including commute, I work from 6:30am to about 5:45pm. I normally eat dinner at about 5:55-6pm. then I go out and have a terrible workout at 7:45pm because I still feel full lol. I'm currently consuming about 2000-2300 cals per day, 6-7 meals, and my breakdown is about 45/30/25 P/F/C,

Defixon, do you have any thoughts? I've got to lose about 40lb's of blubber. Low carb and 6-7 meals a day usually works well for me but I want to try something different and get ultra-lean this time.
    Obsessed is a word used often by the lazy, in order to describe the dedicated.

Working to get sub 10% BF for the first time in my life!!!

PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by biggerthanlavar View Post
    Damn, I need to setup up a leangains/cut diet but for some reason, I just can't wrap my head around it lol. Cisco Routers and switches? no problem...IF cutting diet... FML!!!

Anyone have any suggestions? I workout at night at about 7:45pm for an hour or so. Including commute, I work from 6:30am to about 5:45pm. I normally eat dinner at about 5:55-6pm. then I go out and have a terrible workout at 7:45pm because I still feel full lol. I'm currently consuming about 2000-2300 cals per day, 6-7 meals, and my breakdown is about 45/30/25 P/F/C,

Defixon, do you have any thoughts? I've got to lose about 40lb's of blubber. Low carb and 6-7 meals a day usually works well for me but I want to try something different and get ultra-lean this time.
    1-2 PM or around lunch/noon: Meal one. Approximately 20-25% of daily total calorie intake.
    5-6 PM: Pre-workout meal. Roughly equal to the first meal.
    7-8 PM: Workout
    9-10 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal).

Adjust accordingly.. as long as you only have 8 hours of feeding window.
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut
    2-1: 150 | 2-8: 149 | 2-15: 148.2 | 2-22: 150.8 | Month Total: +0.8
    3-1: xxx | 3-8: xxx | 3-15: xxx | 3-22: xxx | 3-29: xxx | Month Total:
    4-5: xxx | 4-12: xxx | 4-19: xxx | 4-26: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 5-3: xxx

biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggerthanlavar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PrettyReckless View Post
    1-2 PM or around lunch/noon: Meal one. Approximately 20-25% of daily total calorie intake.

Gotcha, thanks for help! It's odd but part of the reason I'm having so much trouble understanding it is that it's been bashed into our heads for so long that skipping breakfast is bad for your health. Not sure if there's any truth to that or if its just a food industry plow.

What about taking BCAA's? I also supplement with Fish Oil and whey.

nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500) nocbrute is not very helpful. (-500)
    can someone pm me an outline of this diet
    i wanna try it, because i have stubborn fat in lowerback/lower abs like it says.. and i cant get lower than double digit BF .. only way is extreme caloric deficit or extremely low carbs :|
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦

teenworkout06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if your 5'8 and 115 pounds, how would you bulk with this method?

defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PrettyReckless View Post

That diet looks perfect to me.

Gotcha, thanks for help! It's odd but part of the reason I'm having so much trouble understanding it is that it's been bashed into our heads for so long that skipping breakfast is bad for your health. Not sure if there's any truth to that or if its just a food industry plow.

You aren't skipping breakfast, breakfast is simply breaking your fast (break---fast! lol). You're just breaking it later in the day.

Keep using fish oil and whey...if you want to, supplement caffeine to suppress your appetite during your fast.

Originally Posted by teenworkout06 View Post
    if your 5'8 and 115 pounds, how would you bulk with this method?
    Eat your ass off during the 8 hour window and lift heavy with compound movements..
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

--------------------------------------------------

www.********.com/dalbzfitness
    www.dalbzfitness.com

teenworkout06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by defixon View Post
    That diet looks perfect to me.

You aren't skipping breakfast, breakfast is simply breaking your fast (break---fast! lol). You're just breaking it later in the day.

Keep using fish oil and whey...if you want to, supplement caffeine to suppress your appetite during your fast.

Eat your ass off during the 8 hour window and lift heavy with compound movements..
    i cant eat that much because i get bloated. but i will try to eat what i can. btw whats the logic behind this diet? the guide only tells how to do it.

Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i cant eat that much because i get bloated. but i will try to eat what i can. btw whats the logic behind this diet? the guide only tells how to do it.
    when your body goes for a long time without eating, the energy it normally uses to digest all that food...it uses it instead to repair the organs and fighting diseases.

and it makes life easier...

eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The logic my friend, is to make an easy-to-follow diet for us lazy guys that are not up to counting calories or such and still make a perfect good result from the cut/bulk! (of course you have to eat healthy foods..)

PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I've always believed that too, but the results people have had on here have a stronger conviction than tell-tale stories like skipping breakfast.

BCAAs pre and post workout is recommended according to Martin. Whey you can take after. Fishoil take normally with your 1st meal I suppose
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut

Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch022 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    awesome **** man, this is where i want to get too
    - Life's too short to be small!
    - Undeafeated king of words with friends, add me : Chool023

J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yo op. Do you think taking size on pre contest during without would break the fast? What whey did you use for your bcaas? What is a good brand of bcaas to buy?
    instagram.com/dthomj

benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    defixon when during the fast are you taking the caffeine?

and do you think that a person who doesn't drink coffee on a daily basis can start with 200mg or should start at a lower dose?

btw, is it possible to split the pill in half?
    ~SCC Crew~
    2014 goals:
    -visit usa
    -get ripped
    -lose virginity
    -get rid of all of my health problems
    -handstand for 30 seconds no wall

IRepBack

-*In Memory of Guy Boyland a Warrior,Friend and a Brother whose life cut short by Hammas - R.I.P*-

Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acevedo85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    btw why 16 hrs?

cant you break the fast sooner?

defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) defixon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by benwin21 View Post
    defixon when during the fast are you taking the caffeine?

and do you think that a person who doesn't drink coffee on a daily basis can start with 200mg or should start at a lower dose?

btw, is it possible to split the pill in half?
    I just take it when I wake up, and then usually 2 or so hours later. 200mg should be fine to start with, unless you're realllyyyy sensitive to caffeine. If you want to split the pill, you can..but really 200mg is minimal.

Originally Posted by Acevedo85 View Post
    btw why 16 hrs?

cant you break the fast sooner?
    Martin says 16 hours is optimal for a male, and 14 hours for a female. Again, I don't follow this to a T...sometimes I break a little earlier and sometimes its over 16 hours. Just get close to the number and you're fine.
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

www.dalbzfitness.com

danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10) danzink is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ipodtouchaddict View Post
    Martin talks about that on the website. Im not gonna pull it up now but it was a word that started with a C, like 13 letters.... Some kind of chemical or hormone in your body that produces.... It's on his site.

EDIT-Go on the site go to most popular, click the one that says stubborn bodyfat and read the whole thing..

part of it: "The catecholamines travel through the blood and bind to receptors on fat cells. A receptor can be thought of as a "lock." Hormones and neurotransmitters are keys that fit into that lock and make something happen. In this case catecholamines trigger fat mobilization by activating hormone sensitive lipase (HSL), which then shuttles the fat out of the cell to be burned off."

The catecholamines have something to do with why it's beneficial
    thanks man

Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Damn dude, girls must be all over your nuts.

Congrats, your definitely going on my list of inspiration.

Originally Posted by Sediti0n View Post

you forgot /nohomo.

right? lol

Originally Posted by Sediti0n View Post

Lol, thanks man.

I get looks from time to time
    6'1" 215lbs 7% bf

www.dalbzfitness.com

cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cobhc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    would husband

J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by defixon View Post
    Lol, thanks man.

I get looks from time to time
    Possible you can help me out? Think it would be alright to use sizeon pc as a bcaa or is it too much? I'd not what is a good bcaa to take and/or what did you use?
    instagram.com/dthomj

eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eldono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
    Possible you can help me out? Think it would be alright to use sizeon pc as a bcaa or is it too much? I'd not what is a good bcaa to take and/or what did you use?
    Your question and all other questions here are answered in detail pretty much on leangains website, go there!

Martin recommends "xtend" as a bcaa. But they are all pretty much the same

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Having 1 (or 2) smaller meals during fast

I have a question.
    Depending on people's schedules, I see that some recommended meal setups (listed by Martin on the Leangains site) can include 1 or even 2 small meals during the 16 hour "fasted" period. And then of course the majority of the calories come in the 8 hours after the training session.

Would this type of setup still be considered IF? And wouldn't eating one or two meals during the 16 hours take away all the benefits of training completely fasted?
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are several leangains-protocols set up by Martin, but there is not a single one which allows you to eat during the 16 hours fast. Defeats the point.

I think you misread the protocol were the fasting window is broken before your workout, it goes something like this:

T = 0: Eat a small meal (20ish % of your daily calories)
    T = 2: work out, eat afterwards
    T = 7: stop eating

(T stands for "hours after your 18 hour fasting window"; example: break your fast at 2 PM, work out at 4 PM, eat until 10 PM, repeat)

viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok, I see what you're saying. My mistake.

But my question was more specific about eating before working out. (training not fasted)
    Wouldn't it be better to end the 16 hour with a work out? As opposed to having 1 or even 2 meals a few hours before training? Wouldn't that take away some of the benefits?

This is from Martin's Leangains Guide:
    One pre-workout meal

This is the most common setup for my younger clients that are still in college or have flexible working hours.

Sample setup

12-1 PM or around lunch/noon: Pre-workout meal. Approximately 20-25% of daily total calorie intake.
    3-4 PM: Training should happen a few hours after the pre-workout meal.
    4-5 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal).
    8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

Two pre-workout meals

This is the usual protocol for people with normal working hours.

Sample setup

12-1 PM or around lunch/noon: Meal one. Approximately 20-25% of daily total calorie intake.
    4-5 PM: Pre-workout meal. Roughly equal to the first meal.
    8-9 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal).
    Last edited by viennafat; 02-03-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Originally Posted by eldono View Post
    Your question and all other questions here are answered in detail pretty much on leangains website, go there!

Martin recommends "xtend" as a bcaa. But they are all pretty much the same
    But im not sure if SizeON PC would fall under the category beeing as it has 50 calories.
    instagram.com/dthomj

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by viennafat View Post

But my question was more specific about eating before working out. (training not fasted)
    Wouldn't it be better to end the 16 hour with a work out? As opposed to having 1 or even 2 meals a few hours before training? Wouldn't that take away some of the benefits?

I personally think it won't make a lot of difference if you're still taking in the majority of your calories after working out, and it may all come down to personal preference. I prefer to work out fasted because I have more energy that way, but others may feel different. Just try it and adjust to your needs.

Originally Posted by viennafat View Post

No, eating pre-workout breaks the fast. Martin only recommends a meal before a workout IF your workout falls inside your 8 hour window. Ex: 12-8pm window, and you workout at 3 pm, or 4 pm or 5pm or 6 pm. But if your workout is at 7 am, and your eating window is at 12-8pm, then you're not supposed to ingest anything until 12pm, apart from BCAAs.

If you want to train in a not fasted state, do it in the middle of your eating window. It doesn't matter when your eating window is, for as long as it's 8 hours vs. 16 hours of fasting. If you want to eat pre-workout, like for example an apple at 7:00 AM, that breaks your fast. That means you've opened your eating window, and you've only got until 3 PM to have your last meal of the day.

Rule of thumb is if you eat outside your 8-hr window, you're not doing the lean gains method.
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut

Thanks, I get what you're saying.

But assuming your pre-wo meal is within the 8 hour feeding window, my concern is whether eating a pre-wo meal a few hours before as opposed to training 100% fasted (as in after 15-16 hours of a fast) would eliminate some of the overall benefits.

Originally Posted by hankst View Post
    I personally think it won't make a lot of difference if you're still taking in the majority of your calories after working out, and it may all come down to personal preference. I prefer to work out fasted because I have more energy that way, but others may feel different. Just try it and adjust to your needs.
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
    But im not sure if SizeON PC would fall under the category beeing as it has 50 calories.
    Ah ye I get your point and I'd say that is up to you. 50 calories is really nothing but still enough imo to break the fast so my advice is to go for bcaa (I love it)
    Last edited by eldono; 02-03-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast