Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what to eat instead of fish

hi there,

im using a couple of protein sources at the moment, such as eggs, shakes, cottage cheese and chicken.
    i also eat white fish twice a day, thing is ive always been eating fish and it tastes so horrible.
    does any1 know a perfect substitute to the fish? im already eating chicken twice a day and im convinced my diet is pretty good.
    at the moment im eating the fish in the morning (meal after breakfast) and i have it in the evening (2nd meal after workout and 2nd before going to bed).
    please, help me! what quality food suits my diet and doesnt smell as bad?

thanks in advance!
    Wouter

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why eat fish if you hate it? lol

There are plenty of sources. My favourite personally is bison.

Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post

you get that in the supermarket?
    bison is like kangaroo here, its probably hard to find and expensive.
    thanks for the fast reply, got any other ideas?

kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kait123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wouter1 View Post
    hi there,

im using a couple of protein sources at the moment, such as eggs, shakes, cottage cheese and chicken.
    i also eat white fish twice a day, thing is ive always been eating fish and it tastes so horrible.
    does any1 know a perfect substitute to the fish? im already eating chicken twice a day and im convinced my diet is pretty good.
    at the moment im eating the fish in the morning (meal after breakfast) and i have it in the evening (2nd meal after workout and 2nd before going to bed).

thanks in advance!
    Wouter

do you like tuna at all? other than that why not try other meats? like ground turkey, lean beef, ground pork. i really like making my own tuna burgers, just use a can of tuna with a few eggs, throw in some spices and fry it like a burger. it doesn't taste fishy in any way. you should try and mix things up more, you'll get bored really quick.
    The sexiest parts of my body? My brain, my spine, and my guts.

"Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams and goals. You only fail if you quit on them. Everything else is just a setback. But don’t be like 98% of the world who complains about their lives but are too cowardly to do anything about it. If you want something, GO TAKE IT. Nothing will be handed to most of you." - Layne Norton

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you get that in the supermarket?
    bison is like kangaroo here, its probably hard to find and expensive.
    thanks for the fast reply, got any other ideas?
    Sure do But I'm in Canada. Sorry, I didn't realize you were in Europe!

Have you tried other varieties of bird? Turkey, pheasant, quail?

JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoyP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try sprinkling a little bit of thyme and a squirt of lemon juice on your fish before you cook it. I hate white fish but love it cooked like this

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have you tried tilapia or cod? Both are very mild white fish and if its fresh enough it shouldn't smell overly fishy either. Also yellow fin and ahi tuna are great for a beef substitute, I eat mine medium rare. I agree tough that lemon with help with the taste, its a natural neutralizer for taste and odder.
    Last edited by Echo814; 01-20-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What I'm about to say might sound absurd, but have you considered eating some of your fish raw?

I cannot tolerate the texture and scent of 'cooked' fish (makes me heave), but I've discovered that the same fish is similar to candy whenever I eat it raw.

I will break down doors if there is 'poke' behind it.

“Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I agree--why eat fish if you hate it?
    any lean meat works- chicken, lean beef/steak, pork tenderloin, Ground turkey, shrimp....
    http://maximumfitnessconsulting.com
    https://www.instagram.com/noelmaxfit/
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=1298381725#!/MaximumFitnessConsulting

first of all, thanks for the replies every one!

Originally Posted by kait123 View Post
    do you like tuna at all? other than that why not try other meats? like ground turkey, lean beef, ground pork. i really like making my own tuna burgers, just use a can of tuna with a few eggs, throw in some spices and fry it like a burger. it doesn't taste fishy in any way. you should try and mix things up more, you'll get bored really quick.
    im now taking codfish because the tuna started to disgust me
    i dont feel like mixing it up with eggs tho i prefer to take those when i wake up and im looking for longer lasting proteins during the day.

ground pork is pretty lean isnt it? i looked it up and it says 4.4g fat per 100g but im not sure if were talking about the same thing, i think its "rundvlees" in dutch.

Sure do But I'm in Canada. Sorry, I didn't realize you were in Europe!

Have you tried other varieties of bird? Turkey, pheasant, quail?
    i cant get pheasant or quail at the regular supermarket either, ive tried turkey but to me its just like eating a fat piece of chicken haha, used to have it in my diet a long time ago.

Originally Posted by JoyP View Post
    Try sprinkling a little bit of thyme and a squirt of lemon juice on your fish before you cook it. I hate white fish but love it cooked like this
    i should give that a go, thanks, havent tried it before

Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    Have you tried tilapia or cod? Both are very mild white fish and if its fresh enough it shouldn't smell overly fishy either. Also yellow fin and ahi tuna are great for a beef substitute, I eat mine medium rare. I agree tough that lemon with help with the taste, its a natural neutralizer for taste and odder.
    yes i have tried those. i dont want to ruin your appetite but did you know that tilapia lives in mud? (if caught in the wild) what about the yellow fin, do you bake or cook it?

Originally Posted by NOVA888 View Post
    What I'm about to say might sound absurd, but have you considered eating some of your fish raw?

I cannot tolerate the texture and scent of 'cooked' fish (makes me heave), but I've discovered that the same fish is similar to candy whenever I eat it raw.

I will break down doors if there is 'poke' behind it.

i do like sushi! other then that ive had raw codfish before, it was in a decent restaurant and i didnt even like what they did with it. ill leave raw fish to bears.

Originally Posted by AUTiger13 View Post
    I agree--why eat fish if you hate it?
    any lean meat works- chicken, lean beef/steak, pork tenderloin, Ground turkey, shrimp....
    thanks for the examples, didnt know that pork tenderloin was that lean. ill try thyme and lemon first but probably switch to lean beef.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It doesn't ruin my appetite at all, shrimp, crabs and lobster are tasty bottom dwellers to The yellow fin I have grilled and baked, even cut it up into a stir fry. I agree with the sushi and sashmi, if I could find that grade of fish I wouldn't bother cooking
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hi there,

thanks in advance!
    Wouter

Other high protein sources:
    - greek yogurt (my fav source)
    - shrimp
    - scallops
    - ground turkey or turkey breast
    - tofu
    - Tilapia (yes, it's a fish, but it isn't "fishy" at all!)