Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jmoore919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Running before or after lifting?

Which do you think is better? Running before or after you lift?

scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I prefer after, so you don't tire yourself before lifting.
    I need some fine wine, and you, you need to be nicer

jmoore919 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by scyyy View Post
    I agree. Everytime I ask for fitness advice some people say lift after you run, others say run after you lift. It's all mixed nuts. But I actually agree that running is better after you lift.

JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always hit the iron first, then cardio after. From what I've experienced, it works far better for fat loss--and as previously mentioned, it doesn't take away from your weight training.

Cheers!
    bratya po oruzhiyu -- brothers in arms

*I rep back*

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    this.

5-10 minute warmup before i lift.
    then ill run hard for 15-25 minutes after

king_brittany has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do my Cardio after I lift.
    I was once told that lifting weights before your cardio is best because your body will use immediate fats for your lifting and when it is time for your cardio session you will use stored fat, and you will be able to work off more of that fat you want to loose.

I know there is some science behind it... what I said my not be 100% correct but it is something along those lines! Google it!

Originally Posted by jmoore919 View Post

chicken17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by king_brittany View Post
    I was once told that lifting weights before your cardio is best because your body will use immediate fats for your lifting and when it is time for your cardio session you will use stored fat, and you will be able to work off more of that fat you want to loose.

I know there is some science behind it... what I said my not be 100% correct but it is something along those lines! Google it!
    I agree, run after you lift.

SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCOOBY_3W will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb

I personally run after I lift, you don't want to rob one to pay the other. I think it's best to lift while your fresh and get the most out of your session then finish with cardio and a cool down period.
    "Improving physically, mentally and spiritually"

***Georgia Crew***

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by king_brittany View Post

I think it has something to do with depletion of glycogen stores in the muscles after weight training leaving fat as the main available energy source. What I'm not sure about is if post workout cardio would deprive your muscles of growth energy, even if it is kept short. Maybe someone could elaborate on this.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What a great question. Your question is so great that probably no one has ever asked it before. I was thinking that just maybe someone in the past had asked a similar question and so I spent an entire FIFTEEN SECONDS using the search function to try and find something related. Perhaps there is some advice in these threads that you might be able to use:

is cardio after lifting bad?
    Cardio before or after lifting?
    running before or after lifting?
    running BEFORE lifting?
    Running after lifting?
    Running before or after weight training
    Cardio before or after lifting during a cutting cycle?
    Running- Before Or After?
    Running before workout or after?

Seriously. The search function is there for a reason.

hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hollysdad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

anybody ever tell u ur a jerk?

Let me the first (although I seriously doubt). You know what they say opinions are like a..holes everyone's got one and from the looks of your post so does this site.

cclover98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cclover98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I do a quick warm up on the eliptical followed by weights, then interval cardio. I also do 4-5 hours of cardio a week and that has helped my fat loss. Then again, that's just my opinion

scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000) scyyy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    What a great question. Your question is so great that probably no one has ever asked it before. I was thinking that just maybe someone in the past had asked a similar question and so I spent an entire FIFTEEN SECONDS using the search function to try and find something related. Perhaps there is some advice in these threads that you might be able to use:

is cardio after lifting bad?
    Cardio before or after lifting?
    running before or after lifting?
    running BEFORE lifting?
    Running after lifting?
    Running before or after weight training
    Cardio before or after lifting during a cutting cycle?
    Running- Before Or After?
    Running before workout or after?

Seriously. The search function is there for a reason.
    You mad?
    I need some fine wine, and you, you need to be nicer

tzyrren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile After

I always do cardio after I lift on weight training days but I also do a half hour to an hour every morning. I find cardio in the morning sets my metabolism in the high ranges for the day and strips fat after lifting.
    Stay gold

Naturally Never Give Up djeng264's Avatar
    djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) djeng264 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink General Reply

Originally Posted by bmontgomery87 View Post
    this.

5-10 minute warmup before i lift.
    then ill run hard for 15-25 minutes after

Doing a 5-10 Min warm up is perfect dont tire yourself out just some something simple like a fast pace walk on a slight incline of some sort or a light jog. This is important to warm your body up and get your blood flowing better, ( Professional athletes always warm up before a game) Its because is extends your endurance and helps with strength.
    If you plan to do cardio such as a longer run/jog /cycle or whatever.
    Do it after your workout.
    or if you have the time do cardio earlier in the morning to get a good jump start on your body. Different time aside from your workout.
    Its also good to do a 2 min cooldown aswell every day after any sort of cardio/workout.

my source of information comes from my brothers a personal trainer for years and I'm undergoing getting certified as a trainer/nutritionist myself. I live for this and love to learn about the topic.

m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100) m_jallaq is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile

run after

Kory69187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure if there is any truth to it or not and i cant remember where i read it, but i remember reading somewhere that doing cardio after lifting helps burn fat better for one reason or another.

Dont quote me on this though.

matthoss84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What about protein intake?

The consensus seems to be that it's better to run after you lift but when should you take in protein? After your workout is completely over or between the lift and run?

SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50) SSMGP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's always a good idea to do cardio after hitting the weights, no doubt.

DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaDeKong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You mad?
    he irate ..haha

deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its better for you to run after you lift..Its because after you have bulked up your muscle growth the cardio is supposed to then target the excess fat storage so thats why its best to run after. I hate running after cause lifting wears me out and I love to get that rush right before I lift. So I am a@% backwards on this theory but I do think its all the same for me that is..

deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh Math00s whatever Sorry ....Its better to do your WHOLE workout then take your protein shake..

LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeeHoustonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definetely after. You use most of your testosterone in the first 30 mins of your workout.
    Lee Houston @ www.MyNutriFitnessLife.com

WeaponX24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually do a ten minute warm up, hit the weights, and then finish with either 30 to 45 minutes of cardio. Try it!

Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would say after lifting in my opinion

Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Musclemass1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

well said

Smile

Originally Posted by WeaponX24 View Post
    I usually do a ten minute warm up, hit the weights, and then finish with either 30 to 45 minutes of cardio. Try it!
    wow thats alot of cardio

Cool

really

Smile

great advice

great info