Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yenegh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile gr8t info

Thanks for asking this q.

Very good info...
    Your body is the best instrument you will ever ... EVER own.

Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by king_brittany View Post
    I do my Cardio after I lift.
    I was once told that lifting weights before your cardio is best because your body will use immediate fats for your lifting and when it is time for your cardio session you will use stored fat, and you will be able to work off more of that fat you want to loose.

I know there is some science behind it... what I said my not be 100% correct but it is something along those lines! Google it!
    Body can't use fats for immediate fuel. It uses stored glycogen.
    Also, it's somewhat of a myth that it burns more calories from stored fat after lifting. The idea is that you deplete glycogen levels during lifting so body has to resort to stored fat for energy. However, the thing is you really have to work HARD to deplete glycogen stores at which point your muscles are really stressed out and you shouldn't be doing cardio at that point.
    Anyway, it is still better to do cardio after lifting than before.

Mass Quantities Consumer theGuy045's Avatar
    theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jmoore919 View Post
    I agree. Everytime I ask for fitness advice some people say lift after you run, others say run after you lift. It's all mixed nuts. But I actually agree that running is better after you lift.
    It's not mixed nuts. You are right.
    '.'
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',
    stickies + search button = teaching a man to fish
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',','
    .'.________________

GetLikeMike23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLikeMike23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLikeMike23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLikeMike23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLikeMike23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLikeMike23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GetLikeMike23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't get me wrong I do slight cardio (8 minutes) prior to my workout however it is only to warm my body up for the intense workout its about to go through. Look at like this though, would you rather burn all the carbs that you ate for workout by doing cardio and then having much fewer to run on during your workout. Or do a light warm up and use all those carbs for energy while you lift? I'm sure you can answer that one.

Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joe97 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can run like 5 minutes before working out, to get the blood pumping, then lift, then run for however much time you want.

Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Popcorn_fart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do cardio after your weight session, the reason being it takes about 20 minutes or so(rough estimate) to switch from carb burning to fat burning. If you do weights first you have alot of glycogen in the system and plenty of strength to lift heavy. Having already burned the glycogen lifting weights you can then do cardio and already be in fat burning mode.

you know it makes sense

anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10) anonymaus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i prefer to run early morning, eat a big meal after it and then lift

jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10) jakebake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    how often do you guys do cardio? Also now that we know it is better to do it after lifting how long and how intense does it need to be to start burning fat? if 10-15 mins after how intense?

lambskin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do cardio after weight training. I don't have enough energy left to lift after cardio.

MrEx303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrEx303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrEx303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MrEx303 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Doing Cardio AFTER you lift actually raises your GH responses aswell which helps build muscle...You mos def wanna do Cardio AFTER but only bout 15-20 Minutes of A HIIT program to burn more calories in the session and through out the day and also save muscle mass.

randygabriyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you have to run before lifting because after running your body will be perfect and starching..

ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    after....or else strong waste of energy and time.
    FLAT: 225x11 INCLINE DB 100x9 incline bench 225x8 deadlift: [RETIRED!! OUTTA HERE] FS: 225X8

simplynutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplynutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) simplynutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you run before you lift you will deplete your glycogen levels. Best to run after lifting.

falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) falldown09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jmoore919 View Post
    Which do you think is better? Running before or after you lift?
    During!
    There are no men like me. Only me.

brad4189 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hollysdad View Post
    Let me the first (although I seriously doubt). You know what they say opinions are like a..holes everyone's got one and from the looks of your post so does this site.
    I agree!!!! Guy went to a lot of trouble to be a jerk!

MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50) MightyApe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WeaponX24 View Post
    I usually do a ten minute warm up, hit the weights, and then finish with either 30 to 45 minutes of cardio. Try it!
    Listen to him, he signed up in '06 and this is his second ever post, almost a post every 3 years, you must be very lucky to have him post here

4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4evaFAP has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    From my experience in burning fat, reducing bodyfat and overall increasing fitness levels. Always run after you lift.

I remember when I first started lifting, I started at 82KGs, after one week of dieting I was down to 80Kgs, and I stood still there for 3 weeks doing the same things. I then did HIIT after my lifts and watched 2Kgs come off each week down to 68kgs, so I feel cardio after lifting is more successful.
    Rep back all

Aussie winter bulker
    7inch+ girth crew

alganas84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey man yeah for myself... i need to elevate my heart rate big time and get that surge of energy before i hit weights... since june ive been doing one hour runs, then one hour boxing on speed bag... and finally one hour of lifting. Sometimes I alternate going back and forth with lifting and boxing back forth for those two hours... but usually i go in that order. I run hard before i lift to elevate heart rate, get a really good sweat going so I focus on weights, and heres one benefit, to master technique in certain exercises. No doubt Im tired by the time I hit the weights but keeping my heart rate up allows me to continue, if I rested more than ten mins between any set, my weight training would suffer so in turn, it keeps me focused. This has arguably weird routine has worked for me in part cause i have very bad genetics so I wont recommend anything to you as Im certainly not qualified. This is just for your reference I suppose. Good luck.

pokebreaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The type of energy you use (fat vs glucose) is commonly known to be regulated by the heart rate at that time, and it being sustained for a certain period of time. At higher heart rates, your body uses the glucose stores to provides sufficient energy to sustain the stress you are putting on it (with fat being used as well, but not as primary). At moderate to lower heart rates, your body uses fat (which is apparently the primary source of energy), to provide energy. Resistance exercise elevates your heart rate, and can actually provide a similar amount of fat burning, given that you keep your heart rate at a certain level while lifting, for a certain period of time. Think about when you did heavy squats, and how high your heart rate got. Cardio doesn't mean running, elliptical and treadmill, those are just exercises commonly known to be effective in maintenancing and improving the cardiovascular system. Cardio is basically the process of the heart and lungs effeciently processing oxygen into your bloodstream. So, really you could make your resistance workouts a cardio training session at the same time, with using heavy weights with shorter rest periods, anything that keeps your heart rate elevated in the right range (which is dependent on your condition) for an extended period of time. Anyway, sorry about the tangent, but I already started typing all of that, and didn't want to waste the inputted effort, lol.

My answer preference is based on what my goal is at that time. If I am looking to burn fat, then I will do elliptical before I lift, because the required heart rate is lower, and it won't exhaust my muscles as much. If I am looking to actually improve my cardio, which requires a higher heart rate (based on my current physical condition), I do it after lifting, due to the already exhausted muscles and that causing my heart rate to elevate quicker, allowing me to stay in the zone for a longer period of time (versus have to work up to, possibly wasting 3-4 minutes). It's the way I go about it, time permitting. FUN TIMES!

fusaro87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Check It Out!!

Hey guys unfortunately I haven't posted enough to put the actual link in the comment but if you get a chance, check out my youtube channel and subscribe for some motivation, inspiration, information on weight lifting, and basic fitness and nutrition! Also stop by my ******** page and give it a like, and become part of the growing community! Thanks for the support

youtube = mattyfusaro
    ******** = fusarofitness

FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FatherFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good info, I was actually wondering this myself. I have always ran after lifting. I might do a warm up run or bike before lifting to get my HR up but nothing serious.
    "Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point."

cyone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cyone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 4evaFAP View Post
    From my experience in burning fat, reducing bodyfat and overall increasing fitness levels. Always run after you lift.

I remember when I first started lifting, I started at 82KGs, after one week of dieting I was down to 80Kgs, and I stood still there for 3 weeks doing the same things. I then did HIIT after my lifts and watched 2Kgs come off each week down to 68kgs, so I feel cardio after lifting is more successful.
    Whats HIIT??

Thanks

rzenith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good thing is after lifting you need to run......shows good results!!

Multisports19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I run after lifting but i'm thinking of running my block in the morning and just lifting when i go to the gym in the afternoon.

XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    strong bumping^^ but ideally you should try to separate the two completely into two different workouts, if time/ schedule can't permit this, it is best to lift first, with a short 3-5min cardio warm-up, followed by a 10+ (depending on intensity) cardio session afterward
    Staple Supplements:

Allmax Nutrition Isoflex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Rage
    iForce Hemavol
    Thermolife C-bol
    Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Every time you don't give 100%...
    You make it that much easier for me to beat you... -Anonymous

NameIsNick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's what I've found:

"A study from the Human Performance Research Center, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, examined what happened to ten men who did resistance only, run only, resistance-run, and run-resistance sessions. (‘Resistance-run’ means weights before cardio and vice versa.)

Here’s what they reported:

1. EPOC, the measure of the afterburn or energy output after you stop exercising was greatest when cardio was done before weight training.
    2. Running after a weights session was physiologically more difficult than doing it before lifting weights. (This has implications for efficiency and possibly safety.)
    3. The researchers recommend “performing aerobic exercise before resistance exercise when combining them into one exercise session”.

This was not a large study, so the results should be interpreted with caution. Nevertheless, this is in line with my own experience with this training sequence, and also that of some clients.

Other research found that 'running economy' is also impaired after a weights session, another reason why the weights-cardio sequence is less efficient."

"Forty or so minutes of cardio within an adequate nutritional environment is not going to hurt your muscle. In fact, in view of the discussion above, doing cardio after weights could be more damaging to muscle as 'beaten up' muscle strives to deal with the burden of aerobic activity. Your immediate post-weights activity should be dedicated to maximizing the anabolic environment. This is time for building up not breaking down. You achieve this by eating sensibly and adequately and by resting and sleeping -- and by not doing cardio after weights."

NameIsNick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When cutting, I do about 20 min HIIT or a fast 1.5 run before weights. Works for me.

TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TakeTheLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by matthoss84 View Post
    The consensus seems to be that it's better to run after you lift but when should you take in protein? After your workout is completely over or between the lift and run?
    This.

desRow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lift before run as well ^_ ^

Whitesllc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like running after, good way to get blood through the muscles after lifting.