NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Just a one time hitch, or common?

So I ordered a B&R Bar from Rogue Fitness sometime last week or so, and it arrived today, along with some Rogue HG Collars (http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-eq...hg-collars.php) and some chalk..

Now the orders came in a two step process, so first arrived the collars(which are great) and secondly when I was not home to sign or check out - the bar.

Right away I could tell something was off.. I unwrapped the bar from it's plastic casing and found a whole lot of surprises.

First off - discolouration. I understand bars go through a lubricating process for sgtoring but this stuff is deep brown and will not come out ... at all, and for the record its only on the left side of the bar - the right is 100% fine and free of discoloration.

Secondly - NO center knurling. I had checked the website(Canadian version) multiple times through specs and additional info to confirm center knurling, I even went as far as e-mailing a rep to confirm it.. low and behold my bar has none.

Now I e-mailed Rogue Fitness hours ago, obviously won't be responded to today, but I am curious as to if anyone has ever had an issue such as this, and if so - how easy was it to rectify be it exchange or return?

Honestly If it was partially cosmetic I might brush this off.. but it's kind of disasterous and missing a crucial part I bought for specifically(as the Rogue bar has no knurling in center)

Any comments are welcomed.. Lol.. I just have to check my mail periodically to see if they got my request.

Pics

Im not going to attempt a wire brush either and discourage a return..

Didn't work, just effectively ruined a towel.. Lol

Contrary to the left, right side is fine

No.. center knurling

After going through the hassel of NY Barbells, Treadmillfactory.. I am not pleased to deal with this, lol. If I like a company and have a good experience I spread the word y'know.. (ie. My Texas Strength Chin Up Bar) Hopefully something good can be done here.. I don't wanna pay extra $$$ for returning.

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wonder if you got the 'Rogue Bar'...which was supposed to have both markings and no center knurling...black zinc coating instead of bare steel.

I've ordered several things, and some of them expensive, from Rogue and they've always been good to deal with. I'd give them a call.

NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    I wonder if you got the 'Rogue Bar'...which was supposed to have both markings and no center knurling...black zinc coating instead of bare steel.

I've ordered several things, and some of them expensive, from Rogue and they've always been good to deal with. I'd give them a call.
    Well I had considered they sent me the wrong one, except on the bag it says:

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NoKittyNo View Post
    Well I had considered they sent me the wrong one, except on the bag it says:
    ...I still bet it's just a different bar, but let us know what they say. I'd just leave the bar alone until you hear from them, and show them your pics and someone will probably know what the story is.

I would want them to pick up the shipping if I were you, though.

Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    ...I still bet it's just a different bar, but let us know what they say. I'd just leave the bar alone until you hear from them, and show them your pics and someone will probably know what the story is.

I would want them to pick up the shipping if I were you, though.
    I really wish I didn't have to deal with another error, lol,..Yeah I rewrapped the bar and just left it along the wall for the moment. I sure hope I don't have to pay for shipping it back, NY Barbells said I did and I just .. sold it right then and there at a local Online Kijiji .. eating the cost of S&H wouldn't of been worth it..

gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you want a quicker response post on the crossfit forum, that should get rogue's attention quick.

Originally Posted by gp92089 View Post
    If you want a quicker response post on the crossfit forum, that should get rogue's attention quick.
    Good advice, so under what section is the Cross Fit categorized under?

gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gp92089 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.board.crossfit.com/

then go to equipment section and post your thread with something along the lines of rogue mistake that should get their attention quick!

Well, I received an email from rogue last night saying they were going to call me today; which they did.

They said they arent sure how the discoloration came to be, as they would of not of sent it in that condition from their warehouse. Also they said the bar they quoted me on didn't have a knurl and the mistake they said was their own, so they are sending me the proper one with center knurl and they are not charging me for shipping, and to prevent me from waiting they will ship the new bar with a returning label so I CAN give that to the driver with the other bar.

I'm glad they went out and above to rectify this. We'll see how the process ends and inturn ill update and hopefully give props to the company.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NoKittyNo View Post
    Well, I received an email from rogue last night saying they were going to call me today; which they did.

They said they arent sure how the discoloration came to be, as they would of not of sent it in that condition from their warehouse. Also they said the bar they quoted me on didn't have a knurl and the mistake they said was their own, so they are sending me the proper one with center knurl and they are not charging me for shipping, and to prevent me from waiting they will ship the new bar with a returning label so I CAN give that to the driver with the other bar.

I'm glad they went out and above to rectify this. We'll see how the process ends and inturn ill update and hopefully give props to the company.
    Thats good to hear. Let us know how it turns out.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its an uncoated bar so it just got some rust coating in the bag due to some moisture in it maybe...

Thats good they are taking it back, obviously they should so I wouldnt say its stellar service (that would be if they actually got your order right and inspected it in the first place before shippin) but its average service which is uncommon these days.

Anyway glad its going to work out.

Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    Thats good to hear. Let us know how it turns out.
    Will do!

Update

So as I had stated days ago, Rogue was going to take that other barbell back and send me a new one.

Well it arrived today, about 7oclock, just in the knick of time before deliveries end. This time the bar came in a box/tube, as opposed to the wrapped around plastic the other one came in. All we had to do was take the new bar out, stuff the old one in and attach the shipping label that was there for sending back, pretty easy. Though the FedEx guy was kind of hesitant on the extra work, .. but we persuaded him to hold his horses and just take a second out of his day to do this, and not us dropping it off at their facility.

Now THIS bar is what I am talking about, great quality, nice spin, knurl and no discoloration! Hooray!

Now what I did was I was curious to the weight of the bar, and my old cheap Olympic bar. Based on my weight, minus the weight of the bar it's pretty spot on. My old OLY bar was 38lbs. My new OLY B&R bar from Rogue is give or take 44.7-8 lbs. (Scale can be funny... same with my stance).

So far I really like it, the knurl is there but not so harsh that I will brandish scars on my back from squats.. lol.

Anyway just to let you all know the mistake was rectified and all is well. (Also the Rogue quick collars are a nice addition

Pics

Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    oooooh that bar looks nice!

glad to see all worked out well for you