JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help, Back isn't sore!

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone can relate with me or maybe give me a couple pointers here.

I'm having problems with my back, it seems its getting stronger but I don't really feel any soreness or see any swelling. ESPECIALLY in my lats, for some reason i just don't know why, i cant never get soreness in my lats.

Usually the only thing i can fell that is sore the next day or two are my upper traps between my neck and shoulders, and my lower back. But the middle or lower section of my traps, or my lats in general never really feel sore or worn. Here's an example of what one of my back days would look like.

Rack Pulls/Dead Lifts 3x6-8
    Lat Pull Downs 3-8
    Cable Rows/Bent Rows/Single Arm Rows 3-8
    Shrugs 3-12
    And sometimes i try to double up with pullovers for my lats.

Then i do two Biceps after
    Hammer, dumbell, preacher, incline, burn out buddy curls, reverse grip, etc.

I try to rotate around different lifts for all my workout days, so I'll sub different exercises for the same muscle groups. And i also try to rotate in which order the muscle groups come in my lifts as well.

Does anyone else feel like their back doesn't get as good as a workout as their chest and legs? My chest and legs hurt so bad the following days its hard to operate in everyday life.

Thanks for the input!

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Soreness isn't an indicator of a good workout so don't be so worried about it. As its getting stronger, then you are making progress.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds normal to me. Your muscles have adapted to the abuse and you no longer get DOMS. Soreness doesn't equal growth.

JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JakeCanine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the quick responses. I was wondering if maybe that was it. But if i'm not getting sore and just getting use to the abuse, is that suppose to indicate i need to revamp my workout so I am feeling it more? Muscle confusion and what not? I try to think back when i first started working out though and i never do really remember a time when my back ever felt like my chest, shoulders, legs, arms, etc.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    Soreness isn't an indicator of a good workout
    Yeah it is, maybe the best one.

Lack of soreness, on the other hand, isn't an indicator of a bad workout.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Soreness is not an indicator of growth. Protein intake, a good diet and muscle adaption to exercise will be a few reason that you dont get sore any more. I used to be sore after every workout but now its only legs that get sore and even that is beginning to disappear.

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JakeCanine View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses. I was wondering if maybe that was it. But if i'm not getting sore and just getting use to the abuse, is that suppose to indicate i need to revamp my workout so I am feeling it more? Muscle confusion and what not? I try to think back when i first started working out though and i never do really remember a time when my back ever felt like my chest, shoulders, legs, arms, etc.
    You're getting stronger so things are going well. Keep doing what you're doing.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ZoranM View Post
    Yeah it is, maybe the best one.

Lack of soreness, on the other hand, isn't an indicator of a bad workout.
    Actually I agree, thats a better wording for what I meant to say.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

Well thanks everyone.

I guess my next question would be then, does increased strength have a direct relationship with increased size.

And if not, is the lack of gain in size more related to diet, or the exercise. I think i could see there being strength gains just by almost a sort of consolidation or reinforcing of pre-existing muscles without gaining more mass.

My diet at the moment isn't the GREATEST. I don't eat a lot of garbage, mainly because it makes me feel like crap, but i would have to say i probably am not getting enough protein and carbs, but thats for a different topic.

At the moment, for some of the heavier core lifts i like to keep my rep range between 6 and 8, being thats what i have heard is best for gaining mass.

Thanks everyone.

henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Doesnt matter if youre not sore, what matters is that youre getting stronger. Soreness is our body's way of telling us we were unconditioned for the workload, that's all.

Registered User STEELCITYMUSCLE's Avatar
    STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) STEELCITYMUSCLE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Think of your hands a hooks, and pull with you elbows! people who understand this will have sore lats and not sore biceps after back day...its a little tricky at first, you will have to drop some lbs on your exercises but it will be worth it!