Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jeremyn87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PottyPop View Post
    I don't see why Saiyan physiology still can't explain that. Saiyans can withstand extreme temperature to a certain degree, so that could account for the burning up in the atmosphere. They are also much more durable than humans which would have protected him as well. I don't understand if he greatly outclasses humans in so many categories why lung capacity can't be one of them. Still, this could probably be explained away by comic relief anyways...
    Humans from different environments can also handle very different temperatures, but it's not like their lung function or capacity would be so much greater, unless they hold their breath often or do a lot of yoga.
    And at that point, his power level was very low, so why would he have been that many times superior to a human?
    But you're right, it was most likely comic relief, since it was early on in DB.

Nah, he knew he was stronger than 100% Frieza too. Only reason he was dilly dallying was because he wanted to show Frieza up.
    He would have overestimated or underestimated his own strength increase, how would he have known for sure that he was stronger than Freeza at 100%? It's not like he was using a scouter, it was just a rough feel. He was just a Saiyan who wanted an exciting fight, doesn't mean he wanted a planet to blow up on him

I don't see why it couldn't have increased
    I don't see why it would have if he didn't train for it. It's not en external organ and he wasn't that far greater than the average human

I don't know what you're trying to suggest here. Also we never see Frieza's blast that destroyed Vegeta

Much further than what...?
    than the explosion of an orb

That's not how it works. It isn't the original writer, it's the original medium. Hulk's medium is comic books, DB's medium is manga. Any Hulk story that takes place in a certain Marvel universe is canon, while only anything Akira Toriyama writes is canon seeing as he's the only writer.
    DB's original medium was manga, the cartoon came out a couple of years later, you're right about that. But DBZ was a manga in conjunction with an anime. They both premiered at the same time, the anime might have even been first. Adding a lot more fights, fillers and scenes to a cartoon makes more sense than doing it to a comic which people are paying for, and Toriyama approved of what was being done with his characters.
    It's not like issues with The Hulk fighting against Marvel gods were written alongside a cartoon series

He wouldn't have risked his life like that if it wouldn't kill Goku
    Why wouldn't he, when he thought he was going to die anyway? Mindphuk him, make him sloppy, get some distance to power up

Just because he directed it doesn't make the whole thing canon. Bardock was on a half of a panel in the manga, and he didn't talk.
    Yes it does. He had direct creative control over the special and approved of the way his character was being portrayed.

If you're referencing the Daiz, it's plainly contradicted by the manga. Nappa is around 8000 seeing as how he and Goku were about even without the KaioKen. Bardock was slightly higher than that.
    Even at 8000, he's the general, which would imply his subordinates were weaker. It's not like the Saiyan army seemed to put as much focus on tactics and strategies as they did on power, considering the elite status was based on power levels.

If the ki blast was really big enough to destroy Earth ten times I don't see why the explosion couldn't destroy an adjacent planet
    The closest planet to Earth is Venus, and the distance varies many fold. Why would the explosion have travelled 26 million+ miles?

He blew up earth because he felt like it. It was his goal for no reason
    And he saw Vegeta, Goku and Kibito Kaioshin escape, which became his goal to fight them again, considering he was looking for them specifically

I don't care that Akira Toriyama approved and supervised the anime. The Hulk movies and cartoons aren't canon, just as the anime and DBZ movies aren't canon
    The Hulk comics weren't written with the series in mind. Neither was DB, at least the earlier part anyway. DBZ was a manga AND an anime
    *Beer Crew* *Bourbon and Scotch Crew* *Cardamom in My Coffee Crew* *Catbrah Crew* *Chicago Crew* *Coffee Crew* *Cologne Crew* *Dates Older Women Crew* O===}DBZ Crew{===O *Egyptian Crew* *First Beat the Elite 4 While on the Toilet Crew* *Maghrebi Crew* *Mediterranean Crew* *Middle-Eastern Crew* *Miscers Who Lift Crew* *Miscs While on the Toilet Crew* *Takes Too Long on the Toilet Crew*
    *Wetbreast's Makin It Crew* *Whisky Crew* *Wine Crew*

PottyPop has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So I've decided to quit debating. Whether or not you had a good or bad argument, I'm done. That guy claiming the sun didn't kill Broly has totally demoralized me and opened my eyes as to how stupid people can be. Good luck with the debate.

Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rahi123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DBZ universe gets 1 month prep...
    More then enough cause of hyperbolic time chamber.
    *Notorious D.I.B. crew*

PottyPop has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Rahi123 View Post
    DBZ universe gets 1 month prep...
    More then enough cause of hyperbolic time chamber.
    Sorry I just couldn't resist this last quick one

The Room of Spirit and Time can only be used twice by one person, two people inside at a time due to food supply.

hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hardyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    inb4 master roshi kicks his ass
    south florida crew