cfgain09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfgain09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfgain09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help trimming down, first contest

I'll be participating in my first contest in May, trying to stick with it and not get discouraged. The bodyfat's not coming off very quick and I'm afraid I won't even be close to ready. Is 3 months to short? Am I biting off more than I can chew? Kind of doing it all on my own so any words of wisdom would be most helpful.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cfgain09 View Post
    I'll be participating in my first contest in May, trying to stick with it and not get discouraged. The bodyfat's not coming off very quick and I'm afraid I won't even be close to ready. Is 3 months to short? Am I biting off more than I can chew? Kind of doing it all on my own so any words of wisdom would be most helpful.
    Kind of hard to tell you if 3 mos is enough time without seeing pics and knowing how your body responds to your diet and training. Probably the best advice I can give you is to hire a contest prep consultant to help guide you along the way. I did the first one by myself and made all the classic mistakes. Dieted too short of a time, chopped too many carbs, didnt get lean enough, tanning wasnt the best, etc, etc, Its all part of the learning curve but you can shorten that curve dramatically by hiring a GOOD consultant.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

spacemonkey789 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How many carbs would you sudgest I'm eating just under 200 and I currently weight 200 lbs

deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deedup15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im telling you this right now that time is most important and how you are training. People that compete typically give them a 6mth long span to start their diets and competition training so I think you called yourself short. Especially with you guys, its a lot harder to compete in your categories cause its so high in demand. Good luck. I did my first competition on my own and man I made lots of mistakes so ask somebody to help start you out. You should be fine.