sabrina0072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

oxy elite or hydroxy cut??

Ive heard about both of these products but want to hear some feed back on either ppl that have tried or know someone taking either one or the other, kinda nervous about taking diet pills, ive always believed diet and good work outs would do the trick,but i seem to be at a stop becuz ive gone from losing 7lbs a week to 3lbs a week!! im in need of help please reply with any info

JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Originally Posted by sabrina0072 View Post
    Ive heard about both of these products but want to hear some feed back on either ppl that have tried or know someone taking either one or the other, kinda nervous about taking diet pills, ive always believed diet and good work outs would do the trick,but i seem to be at a stop becuz ive gone from losing 7lbs a week to 3lbs a week!! im in need of help please reply with any info
    I can only speak on Hydroxycut, as it's the only one I've taken. I took the Hydroxycut Hardcore (not sure if they even sell that anymore) when I was in college.

Background: at the time I was about 12% bodyfat, 190lbs, eating over 3000 calories every day, working out twice a day, and drinking a gallon+ of water per day. My morning workouts (6am, mon-fri) consisted of either light cardio, abs, or other catch-up workouts that needed attention but didn't quite fit into my afternoon sessions. My afternoons were devoted to lifting in isolation (one muscle group per day) with full range of motion, and with as much weight as I could force.

I'd like to say I was in very good, to excellent shape. I played college lacrosse (D3, nothing fancy, but no simple task) and ate quite clean for a guy in college. Biggest downfall is a fairly strong caffeine addiction. It was rare to see me without a sugarfree redbull or a coffee in my hand...

Ok, on with my Hydroxy experience. It aimed to increase dosage as you go along, so one pill in the morning, one in the afternoon for the first week was my routine. The first couple days were fine, I was a bit wired up--so I stopped with the red bull and coffee. After a bit I upped the dosage to two pills twice a day, and found myself sleeping 3-5 hours max (5-6 being my norm). Which started to wear on me, slow down my workouts, make me a bit more aggressive in general.

After just a few short days on the 2 pills a day I gave up. I felt dehydrated, cold, hungover, angry, and twitchy all day. I just didn't feel good. Now, remember, I was drinking well over a gallon of water a day, working out twice a day, and eating well--I should have had plenty of sustained energy (like I did before taking the hydroxy) but the lack of sleep wore me out. I was a caffeine fiend before taking it, so the hyped up feeling shouldn't have affected me hardly at all--but it did...a LOT. As for the rest, well make your own conclusions I suppose.

Hydroxycut was not for me. Coming from a college athlete who trained hard every day, and was able to consume caffeine in excess of 800-1000mg daily...I just couldn't recommend the product to anyone.
    bratya po oruzhiyu -- brothers in arms

*I rep back*

iwanagetripped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    watch bigger stronger faster they say it doesnt work its alll photo shoped or on steroids

usc9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't take them. In a nutshell, they are similar to legalized methamphetamine. Hopefully that will say enough. But if not..

Why does it help you lose weight? Because it curves your appetite. So while it might work on people with control issues, it's not a magic pill, just a replacement for self control.

And the negative. Do you like your heart? If so, I wouldn't touch them. It speeds up your heart rate, screws with your brain chemistry, causes nervousness, this is just off the top of my head.

So really it all depends. Do you value a couple pounds weight loss or your long term health?

In my opinion, they shouldn't be legal. They are basically a loophole feeding off those thinking there's some miracle to losing fat. When in reality, it's just about good nutrition, self control, and motivation.

JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10) JimmyChew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by usc9 View Post
    And the negative. Do you like your heart? If so, I wouldn't touch them. It speeds up your heart rate, screws with your brain chemistry, causes nervousness, this is just off the top of my head.
    All true. When you start changing nor-epinephrine levels and other things, your body reacts pretty harsh. At least mine did. I didn't use it for more than a week, I'd say. I've had far better results from diet + two-a-day workouts (including cardio after weights).

Let's not forget the large scale recall on Hydroxycut not so long ago after people were dying whilst using it...that alone made me think "Glad I stopped that **** after a week!"
    Last edited by JimmyChew; 01-18-2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: bratya po oruzhiyu
    bratya po oruzhiyu -- brothers in arms

*I rep back*

Registered User mynameisfashion's Avatar
    mynameisfashion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Oxy elite

Hey, i have been taking oxy elite for the last 6 months and can only say it really helped me to lose some fat from belly area. I take 2 in the morning before I exercise.. Yes it does raise my heart up and I do feel a bit weird at the beginning but that's what the pills do. I don't take another pill in the afternoon because 2 am pills work great for me. I love oxyelite and will be reordering them over and over again.. Also - you need to take a month's break after you finish a bottle..

delhi1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delhi1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delhi1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delhi1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) delhi1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ive been using oxyelite pro for about a week and i havent noticed the racing heart some people are talking about. Like myname is fashion, i take 2 in the am and none after that unless i plan on a late work out that night. My heart rate dosent change, nor am i nervous, or effect my mood. The significant changes i notice at this point is i sweat more doing normal tasks, loss of appetitie (this might be more mental than anything), and a bit of a boost in concentration and focus during my workouts.
    Starting: 345 (Aug 1 10)
    Total Loss- 91.4

usc9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by delhi1 View Post
    Ive been using oxyelite pro for about a week and i havent noticed the racing heart some people are talking about. Like myname is fashion, i take 2 in the am and none after that unless i plan on a late work out that night. My heart rate dosent change, nor am i nervous, or effect my mood. The significant changes i notice at this point is i sweat more doing normal tasks, loss of appetitie (this might be more mental than anything), and a bit of a boost in concentration and focus during my workouts.
    These effects are that of taking an upper/stimulant (********, coke, ecstasy, caffeine are all uppers). It is not only overworking your body, but your brain/personality. And you will undoubtedly feel the affects in the short term and long term. This is coming from someone who's seen friends taking every kind of drug and attempting to shake the habit, including diet pills.

The appetite suppression that you're feeling isn't a coincidence. In a nutshell, it's how these pills get you to lose weight. There's no magic pill that sheds the fat. It's merely suppressing your appetite so you don't eat, even forgetting to eat. (You ever met a fat coke head?)

Obviously it's a personal choice, and if you value short term success in weight loss (though that can be accomplished equally with diet and exercise), vs your health and well-being, then maybe it's something for you.

And as a side note, many of these drugs are legal because the current state of our pharmaceutical ties to the government. But that's another story. Go to a well respected dr., and it's very unlikely one will recommend diet pills.

Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crazyeyes221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bottom line: It works .. Oxy elite craves hunger for me( even though I don't take it for this reason. I eat a healthy diet with good macros but I think that with my training program and Oxy elite : It is help to hit those problem areas.. I used to be a fat kid with large love handles and they came back a little when I was bulking ( happy to say I gained 20 pounds since september) . It seems like Oxy Elite is helping with that, though I also take CLA with each meal.

Registered User crackrawksteady's Avatar
    crackrawksteady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oxyelite pro ftw!

BiznasMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was scammed into buying a bottle of hydroxycut hardcore from the salesman at GNC... I actually gained weight will taking it... I eat pretty lean, didn't switch up my diet at all. I wouldn't recommend it at all, way to expensive. I have a couple of friends who have taken oxyelite and have had great results with it. Definitely go with the oxyelite if you are all gung ho for taking something for weight loss.

lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lpjdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The problem with trying to compare supplements is the fact that they react differently to different people. Where one person will see some good results from a particular product, another person whos is on the same diet and training program might not experiance any results at all. It all comes down to if you really must use a weight loss product, find one that works for you. Don't rely on what everyone else tells you.
    Its a personal choice.
    Me, yes I have taken both oxy elite and hydroxycut, I found that hydroxycut had only short term effects while oxy lasted longer during the day.

Like I said, if you tried both, you will come up with a different take on both these products.

arturroth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hydroxycut.

Well, im taking it right now, it says on the label "Take 3 caps 2 times a day" well, i've excedeed that taking 4 at a time, not a big deal, now im taking 3 caps + 2 pill of 'Franol' a medication here in Brasil that have 15mg of efedrina each. Only hydroxycut dont work, im actualy taking it instead of taking cofee pill like used to do in the basic ECA.