Closed Thread
    moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

pains right after crunches?

haven't done crunches/sit ups in months and felt like doing some today and my lower stomach was hurting like crazy right after. i know it's not soreness because that kicks in after a couple hours, but this pain was instant. it happened right after i finished doing 30 crunches and stood up. the pain was very intense and was causing me to sweat. felt like somebody just punched me in the stomach. pain lasted maybe 30secs, but hurt like hell. so am i doing something wrong or what? this also happened to me about 1year ago when i first started doing them, but was gone after a while of doing crunches. so any advice or anything? do you guys even do crunches/sit ups?

I snort protein powder Phayeser's Avatar
    Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Take it easy at the start. Sounds like you strained them a bit. Common for people targetting an area with new exercises for the first time, especially when they're really pushing it.
    Good warm ups and stretching should help in the future. Also, learn to start slow - let it grow.

moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    my stomach area was throbbing after the crunches. this only started happening about 1year ago. it didn't happen 2years ago when i did crunches occansionaly.

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    start slow and light
    i dont really warm up for abs so i make sure that i dont overwork them in the beginning
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    cramps?

getting enough fluids and or electrolytes?

did you try stretching or massaging the area afterward?
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

Originally Posted by Jack_Lupino View Post
    cramps?

getting enough fluids and or electrolytes?

did you try stretching or massaging the area afterward?
    yea i drink a lot of water so that isn't it. i didn't try massaging it, but i had to put my hand on the area and press down hard to relive some of the pain.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Does this sometimes happen because of something having to do with the lower back countering the pull of the psoas or some weirdness?

Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    Does this sometimes happen because of something having to do with the lower back countering the pull of the psoas or some weirdness?
    ummm what? i just do my crunches/sit ups on the ground and i start cramping after wards.

Registered User TarunSadasivuni's Avatar
    TarunSadasivuni is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I started crunches and. I did 40 on first day even after 5 days my lower abdomen is paining so much I can't even able to do 1 crunch also...any tips what to do please?????

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TarunSadasivuni View Post
    I started crunches and. I did 40 on first day even after 5 days my lower abdomen is paining so much I can't even able to do 1 crunch also...

.........any tips what to do please?????
    For starters, don't bump 7-year-old threads.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733