Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Lakersbake View Post
    rate my APT/10
    I get lowback pump and/or tightness very easily. I dont feel my glutes much during DL, I can touch my toes tho.

Hey dude you should definitely include more of your head like tnecniv did.
    Anyway ye you got some APT, though if that's your relaxed posture it's not bad at all.
    However just for the sake of DLs and sorting your overactive lower back, I would highly recommend these APT exercises.
    Peace bruh

Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    Hey dude you should definitely include more of your head like tnecniv did.
    Anyway ye you got some APT, though if that's your relaxed posture it's not bad at all.
    However just for the sake of DLs and sorting your overactive lower back, I would highly recommend these APT exercises.
    Peace bruh
    That was on an empty stomach, after lunch I look pregnant. Is part of APT your low back gets super tight/tense and pump when doing squats or dl? I get a low back pump from everyday life. Im starting the therapy.
    Voluntarism Crew
    Nostalgia Crew

Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saqmanz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can't believe I've missed this thread, subbed and thanks op for the guide.
    رضيت بالله رباً وبالسلام ديناً و بمحمدٍ نبياً

Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can i get the pdf on rolling frome someone the link in op is dead.
    Voluntarism Crew
    Nostalgia Crew

Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500) Artyforever is not very helpful. (-500)
    I can do this only on one side ... wut do?

eha7bob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for info , i got really bad apt so wish me good luck , wondering what the usage of foam roller ( the links are not working btw )
    excuse me for my bad English

iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay here is a pic of how it looks in a shirt so you guys can see how bad it really is.
    Attached Images
    Do not think that what is hard for you to master is humanly impossible; and if it is humanly possible, consider it to be within your reach.

fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000)
    ok so i have APT, kyphosis, winged scapula as well as asymmetrical tensions. what the fck do i do. good posture highlights winged scapula and asymmetries, bad posture highlights APT and kyphosis.

xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi All,

I was trying to check out the Stretching Guide in the main post by the OP but the link seems to be invalid. Can anyone share it?

Thanks.

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can i get the pdf on rolling frome someone the link in op is dead.
    Originally Posted by eha7bob View Post
    thanks for info , i got really bad apt so wish me good luck , wondering what the usage of foam roller ( the links are not working btw )
    excuse me for my bad English
    Originally Posted by xauthenticx View Post
    Hi All,

I was trying to check out the Stretching Guide in the main post by the OP but the link seems to be invalid. Can anyone share it?

Thanks.
    You guys would be better off google/youtube foam rolling these 3 muscles (1) quads (2) hip flexors (3) lower back.
    If you really want to see that PDF just click here - http://www.nationalthrowscoachesasso...FoamRoller.pdf

xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xauthenticx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks!

What do you all think about Trap Bar DL for helping with APT?
    Voluntarism Crew
    Nostalgia Crew

fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000) fuuaarrkk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fuuaarrkk View Post
    ok so i have APT, kyphosis, winged scapula as well as asymmetrical tensions. what the fck do i do. good posture highlights winged scapula and asymmetries, bad posture highlights APT and kyphosis.
    Anyone?

What do you all think about Trap Bar DL for helping with APT?
    Hey bro I actually tried it for a while, it's not bad but I came to the conclusion CDLs are far superior in every way for APT/Kyphosis.
    They far better glute & lower/mid trap activation, if you read posts around here you'll get the same info, cheers.

Originally Posted by fuuaarrkk View Post
    1. Stretching & Corrective exercises - go through the thread good info on those, the rundown is :
    Anterior Pelvic Tilt : [tight] hip flexors, quads, lower back [weak] core, glutes, hams.
    Upper Cross Syndrome : [tight] pec major/minor, upper traps, lats [weak] lower-mid traps, scapular region (rhomboids, rear delts, etc ...).
    Forward Neck : [tight] neck extensors [weak] neck flexors.

2. Muscular asymmetries are usually dealt with asymmetrical exercises, I like starting with the weak side and letting it dictate the reps/weight.
    That's why I switched to 1-arm db rows, and also added 1-leg glute bridge.

3. Winged scapula is linked to weak serratus anterior.
    winged scapula can often be hidden due to kyphosis, that is why there's a good chance your "bad posture side" has winged scapula as well.

4. Mental layer - also consider how the mental part effects tension, e.g. stress can amplify posture dysfunctions, by restricting oxygen to these muscles.
    strengthcamp has a nice new video of a mental -> assymetrical link, see below.

Good luck bruh

NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000) NateDG72 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Made a thread about my hip flexors in this section before reading this. Took pics to check. Definite APT.

So what I gathered from this thread:

Roll hip flexors and quads daily, static stretches afterwards.
    Stretch hams and glutes minimal to none at all.
    Do glute activation drills, such as bridges and ab work like planks and side planks. (maybe an ab roller as glute activation and core strength raises)
    Remove quad dominant exercises from workout until APT is corrected.
    When squats are reintroduced lower weight and focus on glute activation and build up.

Am I doing it right?

Hey bro I actually tried it for a while, it's not bad but I came to the conclusion CDLs are far superior in every way for APT/Kyphosis.
    They far better glute & lower/mid trap activation, if you read posts around here you'll get the same info, cheers.
    CDL = conventional dl?

Originally Posted by NateDG72 View Post
    Made a thread about my hip flexors in this section before reading this. Took pics to check. Definite APT.

So what I gathered from this thread:

Roll hip flexors and quads daily, static stretches afterwards.
    Stretch hams and glutes minimal to none at all.
    Do glute activation drills, such as bridges and ab work like planks and side planks. (maybe an ab roller as glute activation and core strength raises)
    Remove quad dominant exercises from workout until APT is corrected.
    When squats are reintroduced lower weight and focus on glute activation and build up.

Am I doing it right?
    Your doin it right!
    Voluntarism Crew
    Nostalgia Crew

CDL = conventional dl?
    Yap

Yap
    I just don't seem to get much glute activation from them so I'm gonna do trap bar for now.
    Voluntarism Crew
    Nostalgia Crew

larce121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont really want to give up doing lifts while doing this. I can switch to 3x5 though

So building on what everyone else said:

Roll hip flexors, (and lower back?) and quads daily

Before workouts follow
    t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/stretching_doesnt_work (- this can probably be done daily too....)
    + Im thinking of the planking and glute bridge here
    static stretches afterwards (and off days)

edit: on second thoughts I think I will stop squatting and switch DL to american DL
    Last edited by larce121; 01-31-2013 at 09:29 PM.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i've been foam rolling my quads/hip flexors twice a day and i'm getting great flexibility gains
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, that is exactly where my nick came, way back in the day, respect !
    cool.. probably one of my favorite bands. They also post frequent updates on ******** as well funnily enough. I'd have to say Nifelvind if my fav album. Trying to get back into metal after an EDM stint - still feel like metal is where my heart belongs.
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

Originally Posted by FeelTheFear View Post
    cool.. probably one of my favorite bands. They also post frequent updates on ******** as well funnily enough. I'd have to say Nifelvind if my fav album. Trying to get back into metal after an EDM stint - still feel like metal is where my heart belongs.
    Cool dude, will check Nifelvind out, haven't really been up to date with their newer stuff.
    Ya haven't listened to metal for long time now as well .. been all over the place, moreso with EBM (not EDM heh)

boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    has elliot from yo elliot ever spoke about APT ?

LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LizamasLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So in order to correct my atp i'm going to have to stop squatting, leg pressing etc. ?

**** that

TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000) TheTwiglet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I need this. Thank you.
    "lmao you naive as **** son. Hope you followed the cardinal rule and didn't have your face in the dick pic, but based on the foolishness you've exhibited in your threads recently, you're probably like holding your dick with one hand and your social security card in the other and holding a piece of paper in your mouth with your name, address and phone number"

boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    also does anyone know the best foam rollers to get ?

Cool dude, will check Nifelvind out, haven't really been up to date with their newer stuff.
    Ya haven't listened to metal for long time now as well .. been all over the place, moreso with EBM (not EDM heh)
    Nifelvind was arguably their best album even though it's their most recent; a ****ing rarity. All my favorite bands aint doing so well in their latter years (helloween, blind guardian, kamelot, etc)

Originally Posted by boywonder14 View Post
    has elliot from yo elliot ever spoke about APT ?
    I know he's mentioned it before. like in his video on squat flexibility he mentioned it. I'm trying to get ice cream fitness to make a video on it

Originally Posted by LizamasLlama View Post
    So in order to correct my atp i'm going to have to stop squatting, leg pressing etc. ?

**** that
    nah.... just make sure you do a lot of work that reverses it (romanian deadlifts, hip thrusts, glute ham raise, etc) and make sure you foam roll your quads and hip flexors

Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast