Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FeelTheFear View Post
    Im not even close to having it corrected after 2 years or so. It's probably improved by half but thats still a considerably tilt (still worse than most guys ITT)

Meh. I get pain but I dont know if I can attribute it to me **** posture. Can't squat very well is the biggest problem, as well as looking aesthetically unpleasing as ****

biggest thing seems to be moving around frequently and stretching throughout the day, every single day. Pain in the ****ing ass.. but ideally once it's gone it will only require a little bit of stretching
    Jesus christ bro no offense but i lol'd when i saw the pic. Gjdm on correcting it, or at least halfway correcting it. Did you do hip flexor stretches and foam rolling or did you just strengthen the weak muscles?

EDIT: NVM didnt read end of post.
    Last edited by iamdetermined; 01-15-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Do not think that what is hard for you to master is humanly impossible; and if it is humanly possible, consider it to be within your reach.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by boywonder14 View Post
    have you actually consistently done the stretching, stregnth work needed ?
    Yea I did for a loooong time and it did improve fast but it's hard to get into a habit of stretching and moving all throughout the day for like a year straight. And since mine was so severe it took forever so I lost motivation a lot of the time. If you do it hardcore you can see improvements every 2 weeks or so, though.
    Originally Posted by iamdetermined View Post
    Jesus christ bro no offense but i lol'd when i saw the pic. Gjdm on correcting it, or at least halfway correcting it. Did you do hip flexor stretches and foam rolling or did you just strengthen the weak muscles?

EDIT: NVM didnt read end of post.
    everything. Used to stretch my quads/hip flexors every day, foam rolled them 1-2x a day, and worked glutes/hamstrings/transverse abdominis with hip thrusts/bridges/etc. (sucks being a bodybuilder because you want big quads, but working quads also tightens them up and makes APT harder to correct). Theoretically I could get rid of it in like 3 months if I did lots of mobility work, foam rolled, proper strength training, stretched/moved throughout the day, and didn't sit in the same spot for long. But in practice it's a lot harder to do all this **** every ****ing day for months and a pain in the fukcing ass. But I've said I need to start doing more **** (as in my "to do" list is ****ing gigantic) and this is one of the things I need to work on (alongside all the other self improvement BS I do lmao).
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

bsm428 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude i made an account just to thank you. I spent many months of hard work to get a nice set of abs and it looked like sh*t because of my hyperlordosis. i was having a hard time finding ways to correct it and i was also beginning to wonder if it was even fixable. I was so discouraged that i even stopped working out for a while (like 6 months). It really sucks to put in all that hard work and to look like your still fat even though you have a ripped six pack.

I also kept stretching my hamstrings because i thought they were tight since i couldnt reach my toes! glad you cleared that up.

I will start doing this routine religiously starting now! i have been wanting to get rid of this problem for so long now.

Thanks again!

SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SKIN__N__BONES is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    After reading the last two pages I see there are contradictions in the stretches. I have not started yet but what OP suggested has worked for people thus far correct?

Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SKIN__N__BONES View Post
    After reading the last two pages I see there are contradictions in the stretches. I have not started yet but what OP suggested has worked for people thus far correct?
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ng_doesnt_work

Read that and watch the videos.

That one is a bit long, but it's like a magic trick. I really recommend to watch it all.

boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so is it only me that with the ATP has had pain in their lower back just by walking and standing up straight

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    so is it only me that with the ATP has had pain in their lower back just by walking and standing up straight
    Ye I had pretty disabling lower back pain for years, limited my life, couldn't lift at all.
    Core workout helped me a lot (took it easy, otherwise would overburn myself) which I started about 1 year ago.
    Took me 2-4 months of core workout to get my life back, haven't had lower back problems since, however the pain did "move" to other places (right shoulder impingement), I kid you not.
    But it didn't take long to sort it out.

That is why I would highly recommend to you is to actually look into the mental aspect of things.
    There's something called "Tension Myositis Syndrome", it's when the brain deprive muscles of oxygen and causes various postural chain pains.
    I recommend the book Healing Back Pain on the subject by Dr. Sarno, is good knowledge imo.
    Also Strengthcamp has tons of youtube videos on the subject.

Btw your posture is much better than what I had
    Good luck bro

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SKIN__N__BONES View Post
    well.. APT stretches your hamstrings, glutes, and abdominals. ANd it tightens your quads, hip flexors and lower back. you dont need to stretch what is already being excessively stretched (although I honestly dont tihnk its a big deal if you do it a little bit. I have done hamstring stretches in the past and it helped with my mobility)
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    Ye I had pretty disabling lower back pain for years, limited my life, couldn't lift at all.
    Core workout helped me a lot (took it easy, otherwise would overburn myself) which I started about 1 year ago.
    Took me 2-4 months of core workout to get my life back, haven't had lower back problems since, however the pain did "move" to other places (right shoulder impingement), I kid you not.
    But it didn't take long to sort it out.

That is why I would highly recommend to you is to actually look into the mental aspect of things.
    There's something called "Tension Myositis Syndrome", it's when the brain deprive muscles of oxygen and causes various postural chain pains.
    I recommend the book on the subject by Dr. Sarno, is good knowledge imo.
    Also has tons of youtube videos on the subject.

Btw your posture is much better than what I had
    Good luck bro
    thanks alot for that bro .. how are the ways to deal with TMS.. i dont think i have it as i checked up but its always nice to know , i would buy the book but at the moment im abit low on money , what exactly did you do to recover , i had this injury for a year not knowing what what was wrong so my life has been so bad not being able to do what i love which is football. im with my teams physio and shes doing the exercises with me alot of deep ab workouts and squats really hard work but im up for it, i would just like to know how did you fix your issue what exercises and what stretches also how did you managed to get ATP, thanks alot once again this has really gave me a morale boost and i really needed it

Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpion667 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I will do the stretched and exercises suggested religiously. However, the link for the foam roller instruction is dead. What exactly am I supposed to do with it?

Originally Posted by Scorpion667 View Post
    I will do the stretched and exercises suggested religiously. However, the link for the foam roller instruction is dead. What exactly am I supposed to do with it?
    just roll over it. put your weight on your bodypart of choice and just roll your muscle on it. it will hurt at first

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dergo View Post
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ng_doesnt_work

Read that and watch the videos.

That one is a bit long, but it's like a magic trick. I really recommend to watch it all.
    .. Mind blown...
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks alot for that bro .. how are the ways to deal with TMS.. i dont think i have it as i checked up but its always nice to know , i would buy the book but at the moment im abit low on money , what exactly did you do to recover , i had this injury for a year not knowing what what was wrong so my life has been so bad not being able to do what i love which is football. im with my teams physio and shes doing the exercises with me alot of deep ab workouts and squats really hard work but im up for it, i would just like to know how did you fix your issue what exercises and what stretches also how did you managed to get ATP, thanks alot once again this has really gave me a morale boost and i really needed it
    Here's a rundown for postural dysfunctions :
    • Anterior Pelvic Tilt : [tight] hip flexors, quads, lower back [weak] core, glutes, hams.
    • Upper Cross Syndrome : [tight] pec major/minor, upper traps, lats [weak] lower-mid traps, scapular region (rhomboids, rear delts, etc ...).
    • Forward Neck : [tight] neck extensors [weak] neck flexors.

What I did to sort the postural pain :
    • 6 weeks of dtorres gateway core program, minus the squats as I couldn't get my glutes to activate so it was pointless.
    • Then about 2 months of brobrah guide (rolling, stretches & strengthening) - did the trick for the lower back for me.
    • For shoulders I just work on my kyphosis, working in 2:1 pull/push ratio, and also form is very important (scapular stability)
    • I make sure my progress is stable instead of overdoing things and going into overtraining & CNS burnout. (been there quite a few times, seems to be linked to overworking posture muscles)
    • For TMS the book was a tremendous help, I guess was about understanding the body-mind connection, and how the pain wasn't random at all.
    • I also lately started meditating, is a very nice way to clean the brain from noise, and from there tensions in the body.

Np mate glad to help, good luck !

• Anterior Pelvic Tilt : [tight] hip flexors, quads, lower back [weak] core, glutes, hams.
    • Upper Cross Syndrome : [tight] pec major/minor, upper traps, lats [weak] lower-mid traps, scapular region (rhomboids, rear delts, etc ...).

• 6 weeks of dtorres gateway core program, minus the squats as I couldn't get my glutes to activate so it was pointless.
    • Then about 2 months of brobrah guide (rolling, stretches & strengthening) - did the trick for the lower back for me.
    • For shoulders I just work on my kyphosis, working in 2:1 pull/push ratio, and also form is very important (scapular stability)
    • I make sure my progress is stable instead of overdoing things and going into overtraining & CNS burnout. (been there quite a few times, seems to be linked to overworking posture muscles)
    • For TMS the book was a tremendous help, I guess was about understanding the body-mind connection, and how the pain wasn't random at all.
    • I also lately started meditating, is a very nice way to clean the brain from noise, and from there tensions in the body.

do you know Finntroll?

Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dergo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Scorpion667 View Post
    I have a pdf with guides for foam rolling all your body. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you it later when I get at home.

EDIT : I don't find any tender spots when foamrolling my hips or quads anymore.

Not sure if that's a good thing or what...
    Last edited by Dergo; 01-17-2013 at 12:14 AM.

• 6 weeks of minus the squats as I couldn't get my glutes to activate so it was pointless.

after the initial 6 weeks programe, what strength work did you do that was different to the core work you was doing first if any? and also how would i use the foam roller on my hip flexiors im not to sure how to use foam rollers but i got my team physio helping me with that, ive just started a programme with her 3 days out of the week im doing core work outs with her and the other days consists of stretching and soft tissue massage you think that will solve the issue fast ?

I have a pdf with guides for foam rolling all your body. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you it later when I get at home.

doesnt matter. Just keep foam rolling

maxxxximum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my lordosis and kyphosis has improved quite nicely allthough now my left side is strighter then my right, the right side seems more curved, could this be due to muscle naturally being bigger on one side for instance having left bicep bigger then right or is this a problem it is quite annoying, i look at one side and think it has improved alot then look at hhe other side disheartened and think it has not made much improvement.

do you know Finntroll?
    Yes, that is exactly where my nick came, way back in the day, respect !

That's good, now you can probably decrease the frequency you roll.
    I started with 3x a day, nowadays do 1x a day (after work)

after the initial 6 weeks programe, what strength work did you do that was different to the core work you was doing first if any? and also how would i use the foam roller on my hip flexiors im not to sure how to use foam rollers but i got my team physio helping me with that, ive just started a programme with her 3 days out of the week im doing core work outs with her and the other days consists of stretching and soft tissue massage you think that will solve the issue fast ?
    Didn't change much, It's exactly the same muscles (Internal abs aka Tranverse Abdominis, Internal obliques, etc..)
    Just progression, for example I went from those gateway exercises to knee-planks, then planks and finally weighted planks.
    Same thing with glutes, from a few seconds to minutes with weights, it's all progressive overload.
    Ye sounds like your physio is good and right on the money, 3x a week for strengthening is solid.

The only thing left you can do imo, is if you find yourself thinking about these problems 24/7 and stressing out big time (catabolic state) - you can sort this with the TMS book & meditation stuff, that would help with your gains & recovery.

Either way it sounds like your on the right track dude, good luck

Originally Posted by maxxxximum View Post
    my lordosis and kyphosis has improved quite nicely allthough now my left side is strighter then my right, the right side seems more curved, could this be due to muscle naturally being bigger on one side for instance having left bicep bigger then right or is this a problem it is quite annoying, i look at one side and think it has improved alot then look at hhe other side disheartened and think it has not made much improvement.
    Yes I have had the same problem, and have had good results with mixing assymetric exercises :
    1. Weak left glute - my right one did all the work when I bridge so I've added a set of one leg glute bridge (where the other leg goes up and down).
    2. My right scapula (upr back/shoulder) muscles are weaker than my left (while my right arm is stronger, not a good mix at all) - switched from cable rows to 1-arm db bench rows, wip but am seeing good results.
    3. This is another reason why side planks are such a good core exercise, and everyone should do them along with fronts.
    •. I always start with the weak side first and let it dictate the reps/weight.
    •. I find even if those are neurotic in origin (due to stress, injuries, etc) those asymmetric exercises are a way to retrain your brain for symmetry (neural adaptation)

Hope that helped a bit, great to hear you're seeing progress bro, gjdm

Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lakersbake has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    rate my APT/10
    I get lowback pump and/or tightness very easily. I dont feel my glutes much during DL, I can touch my toes tho.

Last edited by Lakersbake; 01-18-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    Voluntarism Crew
    Nostalgia Crew

tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Do I have APT?

I can't touch my toes for chit.. have some pain in lower left back/SI joint

and I've spent A LOT of my time/life sitting in my chair gaming
    12/9/09 - Never Forget

Some additional things that we may all enjoy :

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...the_glute_myth (Gluteus training)

More about the hip thrust (Read it above) : http://bretcontreras.com/2012/07/eve...he-hip-thrust/

And hamstring training :

Originally Posted by tnecniv View Post

Do I have APT?

lol i wish I had your posture

Originally Posted by Lakersbake View Post
    rate my APT/10
    I get lowback pump and/or tightness very easily. I dont feel my glutes much during DL, I can touch my toes tho.

look at the angle of your waistband. Looks pretty normal to me

gonna start foam rolling agian (with a baseball bat). Did it for the first time in like 6 months, was tender as fuuuuucckkk. Just rolling quad/hip flexor atm and when I did it in the morning I looked in the mirror and even just diong it once helped reduce my tilt

tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol i wish I had your posture
    So I don't have bad APT and actually have good posture? the fuk?
    12/9/09 - Never Forget

Originally Posted by tnecniv View Post

Do I have APT?

If i just saw your lower body I would say you got zero APT.
    But with upper body can definitely see kyphosis (hunch, round shoulders, forward head)
    This may be purely due to APT, Kyphosis or a mix of both, good luck dude.

Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast