Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SoulPuppy View Post
    Day 6: I played racquetball last night. That usually results in tightness and back pain. I had a little, but it wasn't bad. I did some stretching and rolling.

When I woke up this morning, the back pain is back. This is discouraging. Are my expectations getting too high???? I feel perfect for an hour after I do the stretches/exercises. I feel like it should stay that way. I am so sick of back pain.

Enough bitching. I'll be working out over lunch and I'll do my stretching/rolling. I will be playing racquetball again tonight so that'll be a good test.
    I sorted my back pain in months 1-2, and then the tightness was gone in months 3-4.
    Dude posture exercises are nothing like normal weightlifting, I felt/noticed changes on a monthly basis not daily.

I've found waking up with soreness/pain can easily be because of burning the antagonists the other day. (which is fine to an extent)
    And the worst cases came when I got carried away, overtrained & really killed those muscles, so they couldn't fire properly the next day. (not so good, but easily avoidable)

Take it easy brah & let them gains come to you

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by maxxxximum View Post
    seen a few people saying they have the worst ATP well i think i have the worst so far, this is a pic of me 2 months into my attempt at fixing it
    not sheriff srs mine was literally 5x worse than that lol
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    I sorted my back pain in months 1-2, and then the tightness was gone in months 3-4.
    Dude posture exercises are nothing like normal weightlifting, I felt/noticed changes on a monthly basis not daily.

I've found waking up with soreness/pain can easily be because of burning the antagonists the other day. (which is fine to an extent)
    And the worst cases came when I got carried away, overtrained & really killed those muscles, so they couldn't fire properly the next day. (not so good, but easily avoidable)

Thanks. That's what I needed to read. When the exercises/stretches make everything feel perfect, I feel like it should stick. I've been fighting this for over a year so I can be patient now.

Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Brah, can I still do heavy squats and deadlifts every week while trying to fix my apt?

tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tnecniv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh man, so this whole week I've been keeping good posture to fix my kyphosis. Rotating my arms/shoulders externally so that they roll back and squeezing my shoulder blades together. Finally seeing results.

Last night I finally was able to get in some work outs for APT that I'm not sure that I have, but yesterday was my leg day, and while I did do squats (5/3/1), I focused on hip thrusting in my squats, then did RDLs, Single Leg Curls, and Walking Lunges, all focusing on getting my glutes worked. Afterwards, I did the psoas and quad stretches, 2 sets of Planks at 1 min each and 1 set of Side Planks at 45 secs each side, some hip thrusts, and 1 set of Glute Bridges for 1 minute, followed by 2 sets of Dragon Flags and Hanging Leg Raises. I immediately felt the difference in my back and pelvis. Before, I was extremely far away from touching my toes doing hamstring stretches, but I'm already getting close after 1 workout.
    12/9/09 - Never Forget

boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

do you think releasing the psoas or lengthening it can alleviate back pain too ?

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by boywonder14 View Post
    do you think releasing the psoas or lengthening it can alleviate back pain too ?
    It definitely can, however understand stretching is a very mild and temporary solution.
    I'd say the main use for stretching here is flexibility, to allow doing the exercises in good form and hit the right muscles.
    Ultimately muscle imbalance is by far the main thing causing muscle tightness.

TeenageMutantNinjaFatass Stingray970's Avatar
    Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stingray970 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm wondering if I have this.

My stomach and ass protrude in their respective directions (like OP, but I'm very fat). I can touch my toes, but start to feel a slight burning sensation in my lower back after keeping this for some duration. The athletic trainer was wondering if I had scoliosis while I was doing RDLs (I think the arching while doing RDL is because the bar always hits my knees, so I have it slightly in front of me.) I stand pretty much straight and have no/negligible arching while doing normal deadlifts.

Does it sound like this is something I have?
    * I Don't Know How To Crew Crew *

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 310 lbs
    BF%: ~27%

Maxes
    Bench: 185 lbs
    Squat: 475 lbs
    Deadlift: 435 lbs
    Power Clean: 225 lbs

IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) IhateAPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Stingray970 View Post
    I'm wondering if I have this.

My stomach and ass protrude in their respective directions (like OP, but I'm very fat). I can touch my toes, but start to feel a slight burning sensation in my lower back after keeping this for some duration. The athletic trainer was wondering if I had scoliosis while I was doing RDLs (I think the arching while doing RDL is because the bar always hits my knees, so I have it slightly in front of me.) I stand pretty much straight and have no/negligible arching while doing normal deadlifts.

Does it sound like this is something I have?
    It sounds like you have it yeah and if you're very fat then you usually do have it. Upload a picture if you can but I'd say you almost definitely have it from what you describe.

boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boywonder14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anyone herd of stomach vacum .. it realy works your deep adominal wall which any one with apt needs to work on really good exercise

LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) LondonBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone with back pain should do SLDL they helped me out almost instantly

-If your hamstrings are an issue.

Originally Posted by LondonBruh View Post
    Anyone with back pain should do SLDL they helped me out almost instantly

-If your hamstrings are an issue.
    i dont have hamstring issues .. why is this useful for people with back pain?

anyone herd of stomach vacum .. it realy works your deep adominal wall which any one with apt needs to work on really good exercise
    Ya it's cool, but do understand it's just another exercise for the transverse abdominis (inner abs) .. same area front planks work.

Work hard & Dream big! UkChris93's Avatar
    UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UkChris93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in on this to fix my ATP. Must, fix, ATP.
    OG

jake188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont think anyone has touched on this subject but how do you correct APT if you have 1 glute that you cant activate.

the problem im having is my left glute isnt working when i do glute bridges and the hamstring cramps up instead but he right glute works perfectly fine and there isnt any knee pain only on the left.

iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FeelTheFear View Post
    nah.... just make sure you do a lot of work that reverses it (romanian deadlifts, hip thrusts, glute ham raise, etc) and make sure you foam roll your quads and hip flexors
    Is foam rolling mandatory?
    Do not think that what is hard for you to master is humanly impossible; and if it is humanly possible, consider it to be within your reach.

i think my issue is my sacroiliac thats where the base of my pain comes from and they say symptoms are stiff when you wake up and also groin pain which i have but i think thats due to my hip flexior anyone else experience that ?

12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000)
    fixing my APT is 2013 goal. I look jacked up.
    +++Rep if you laugh crew+++
    +++Lives under a bridge crew+++
    +++Eats goats crew+++
    +++Villagers chase me with pitchforks and dogs crew+++
    +++Will rep back tenderly all night long nomsayin+++

Originally Posted by jake188 View Post
    I dont think anyone has touched on this subject but how do you correct APT if you have 1 glute that you cant activate.

the problem im having is my left glute isnt working when i do glute bridges and the hamstring cramps up instead but he right glute works perfectly fine and there isnt any knee pain only on the left.
    That's common, what helped me was just mix in asymmetric exercises - for example a set of 1-leg glute bridge (start with weak side, and let it dictate reps/weight)
    Also doing side planks is important, as they work different muscles than front plank, good luck bruh

Originally Posted by iamdetermined View Post
    Is foam rolling mandatory?
    Foam rolling is important mate, it helps your flexibility so you can do the exercises in proper form and hit the right muscles.
    I imagine without it the whole thing would take years not months.

12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000) 12PCTBF2013 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Foam rolling is important mate, it helps your flexibility so you can do the exercises in proper form and hit the right muscles.
    thanks for the greens. i bought a foam roll a few weeks ago. i'll post if i can get any major correction.
    +++Rep if you laugh crew+++
    +++Lives under a bridge crew+++
    +++Eats goats crew+++
    +++Villagers chase me with pitchforks and dogs crew+++
    +++Will rep back tenderly all night long nomsayin+++

are you meant to foam roll stretch and the strengthen ?

sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibolovin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gonna try this

elefunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 12PCTBF2013 View Post
    thanks for the greens. i bought a foam roll a few weeks ago. i'll post if i can get any major correction.
    Foamroalling after Workout or before? And first foamroalling then stretching? Which areas exactly and for how long?

What would be the best to fix my pelvic tilt / bigger buuut

Originally Posted by elefunk View Post
    Foamroalling after Workout or before? And first foamroalling then stretching? Which areas exactly and for how long?

What would be the best to fix my pelvic tilt / bigger buuut
    are you meant to foam roll stretch and the strengthen ?
    Yap always in that order, since they're opposite muscles : (e.g. stretch your quads before you strengthen glutes)
    • Foam roll → Stretch → Strengthen Opposite

Not to be confused with regular post workout stretches (e.g. you worked your lats hard, then stretch lats so they're not tight)
    • Strengthen → Stretch at end of workout → Foam roll the next day
    • (or) Strengthen → Foam roll at end of workout → Stretch right after

Keep reading throughout thread lotsa good posts, and most important use common sense, good luck on fixing your APT mates

Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My back pain is gone, not sure if the curve has gotten less still got dat ass but I'm glad my back doesn't hurt anymore.

Originally Posted by Alba7 View Post
    My back pain is gone, not sure if the curve has gotten less still got dat ass but I'm glad my back doesn't hurt anymore.
    how long did it take for the pain to go , and what did you do ?
    i think my issue is to do with my sacroillac being too lose hypermobile is the name for it

Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alba7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how long did it take for the pain to go , and what did you do ?
    i think my issue is to do with my sacroillac being too lose hypermobile is the name for it
    About two weeks actually ..

foam rolled twice a day 10min sessions each
    then stretched my hip flexors 5-10 times each hold each leg for about 30-60sec while performing a posterior tilt.

Also foam roll right before hitting my legs and do glute activation exercises (glute bridge) if you can't feel your glutes firing try to get a resistance band between your legs or lift one leg up. Once my glutes were fired I did hip-thrusts with a barbell holding it on top for 5seconds each time.

After that I do "pull-throughs" I got this exercise T-Nation but during that exercises I feel my hamstrings and glutes firing badly the exercise itself looks really weird people might stare at you but it's worth it ignore those people just like I do.

Also been doing good mornings, you actually use a similar technique as you do at Pull-throughs except pull-throughs is with a cable while good-mornings are with a barbell.

When I've done those three I usually do 2 other leg exercises such as leg-curls, lunges(even though I feel this one hits my quads way harder than hamstrings)

Also after every 2 workouts, I do reverse crunches, dead bugs and planks(trying to hold it for 2min+ a pain in the ass)

besides that I try to stretch during lifting, instead of resting I decide to stretch my hip flexors (sometimes I'm too lazy to do this but I try to as often as possible)

Biggest mistake I made which was just before that is Romanian Dead lifts people were telling me it hits the hamstrings & glutes hard, it does but the day after my hamstrings & lowerback were so sore that I could barely move and started to get really bad back pain worse than before. So I dropped that completely and went for the method I'm doing now.

Hope this helps you. I'm not sure if this will correct my APT I hope it will all I can say for now it has gotten rid of my back pain but I have no idea if the curve has gotten less.

SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoulPuppy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My back pain has improved, but it's not gone. Doing cleans and playing racquetball seem to make it mad.

Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000) Jaypwns is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is this why my rib cage looks pushed forward?

And I struggle to do the knee exercises because its so painbull, is this another reason I have it

Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast