Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    strokr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow awesome thread, just found it today.

A bit about myself. Long time member, first time poster. I started using the computer heavily for gaming when I was 12. Since then I have had horrible posture and sitting position. I use to always just slouch and sleep over my desk in high school (...always). I walked really lanky as well. I didn't really care back then what people thought.

I saw a chiropractor when I was 18. Went to a few session and they performed some spinal manipulations (clicking my spine and neck). After about 6 expensive sessions with no real improvement, I stopped going.

I saw an osteopath when I was 21. Went to about 6 sessions, they just stretched my trap and neck muscles. Seem sweet straight after but in the long run I fell straight into old habits.

Fastfoward to present. I'm currently 23 and beginning to notice my posture neglect creeping up on me. My head always leans forward and my neck seems to constantly get stiff.I also have trouble sitting up straight in long lectures(1-3hrs).
    I've been going to the gym for the last 5 months doing the 5x5 strong lift program, but when the weight starts to get heavy I get lower back pains from the dead-lifts and squats. I really want to sought out my posture problems out before it gets worse.

So far I've: -Doing some strength exercises like bridge planks, glute raises from the T Nation Neanderthal no more program (morning and night)
    -brought a foam roller,going to do the exercises (morning and night)
    -Perform static stretches like quad, psoas, peck, chin tuck etc (morning and night)
    -Also sorting out a resistance band and some tennis balls for further work.

How bad do you guys reckon my APT is? Here's a photo of me I took today (can't post images or url due to low post):
    iforce.co.nz/i/g3ztr3va.dm0.jpg
    iforce.co.nz/i/1fd0ofor.tab.jpg

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    That rectus femoris / psoas stretch is sick
    So when I do stretches for quads/hip-flexors ... does this stretch comes instead of hip-flexor one or is that an additional thing ?

Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    That rectus femoris / psoas stretch is sick
    So when I do stretches for quads/hip-flexors ... does this stretch comes instead of hip-flexor one or is that an additional thing ?
    well, since i want all the stretching i can i do the hip flexor stretch one min each side(btw stand up after each side for it to lengthen)
    and i always do quad stretch 1 min each side

then i throw in the rectus femoris stretch at the end, since mines tight and NEEDS stretching i do 30secx3 each leg alternating of course
    if you have trouble holding your leg up then put it on a surface. and if you dont like it then there is a standing one where you put one leg on table and bend down slightly and stretch

scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by strokr View Post
    Wow awesome thread, just found it today.

A bit about myself. Long time member, first time poster. I started using the computer heavily for gaming when I was 12. Since then I have had horrible posture and sitting position. I use to always just slouch and sleep over my desk in high school (...always). I walked really lanky as well. I didn't really care back then what people thought.

I saw a chiropractor when I was 18. Went to a few session and they performed some spinal manipulations (clicking my spine and neck). After about 6 expensive sessions with no real improvement, I stopped going.

I saw an osteopath when I was 21. Went to about 6 sessions, they just stretched my trap and neck muscles. Seem sweet straight after but in the long run I fell straight into old habits.

Fastfoward to present. I'm currently 23 and beginning to notice my posture neglect creeping up on me. My head always leans forward and my neck seems to constantly get stiff.I also have trouble sitting up straight in long lectures(1-3hrs).
    I've been going to the gym for the last 5 months doing the 5x5 strong lift program, but when the weight starts to get heavy I get lower back pains from the dead-lifts and squats. I really want to sought out my posture problems out before it gets worse.

So far I've: -Doing some strength exercises like bridge planks, glute raises from the T Nation Neanderthal no more program (morning and night)
    -brought a foam roller,going to do the exercises (morning and night)
    -Perform static stretches like quad, psoas, peck, chin tuck etc (morning and night)
    -Also sorting out a resistance band and some tennis balls for further work.

How bad do you guys reckon my APT is? Here's a photo of me I took today (can't post images or url due to low post):
    iforce.co.nz/i/g3ztr3va.dm0.jpg
    iforce.co.nz/i/1fd0ofor.tab.jpg

Sick join date to post count ratio. Yeah it's no worse than mine (see above) or some of the others in this thread (see KoBe). They said it took them 2-3 months to fix their more extreme cases. I'm hoping a month and a half for mine

Getting my Durantula on FryDude's Avatar
    FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know stretching hammies lengthens them which isn't what you want but holy **** am I tight. I've been really hammering away at the hip and quad stretches and my hammies are in a constant state of tightness. I've tried foam rolling it but I'm just wondering if this is normal?

I've got to fix my APT by next month. I've had this for way too long.

Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slewot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Brahs
    been rolling the hell out of my lately because I believe they are a major factor of my tilt, been rolling the 2 major pressure points above knee and below hip and i can feel the
    but im wondering what is more effective: Applying a lot of pressure right onto trigger points without rolling , or rolling it out with pressure of course???

I've been rolling 10 mins each quad rolling up and down trigger points, want to know which technique will break up the soft tissue faster.

And on another note, I was born with Fallen Arches(flat feet) and stopped wearing my orthadics in my shoes about a year ago(because im dumb), and i just put them back in yesterday and i find
    standing and walking 100% easier and more comfortable, and i see it isn't talked about much in this thread but having fallen arches can actually bring about apt, while apt can also bring about
    Flat feet lolol

so if you have fallen arches i highly suggest getting orthadics in your shoes if you can afford them,IT HELPS.

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Slewot dude you've been rolling for way too long now ...
    You know one thing I learned pretty late, was that when you roll you gotta tilt out of APT and tighten your core, I did that and found out I really had no tightness/knots at all. (what I felt before was just tight muscle)
    The idea is that when you roll, your muscle should be in relaxed position (so it's not tight), if you ever did a deep tissue massage that's how it is as well ... does that make sense ?

Slewot dude you've been rolling for way too long now ...
    You know one thing I learned pretty late, was that when you roll you gotta tilt out of APT and tighten your core, I did that and found out I really had no tightness/knots at all. (what I felt before was just tight muscle)
    The idea is that when you roll, your muscle should be in relaxed position (so it's not tight), if you ever did a deep tissue massage that's how it is as well ... does that make sense ?
    Well, i just thought as common knowledge whenever you have apt you dont want to ever slouch and always want to keep a neutral spine
    I feel by now i should be seeing more results with what im doing, and recently found my quads are mostly tight so kind of switched my focus and im feeling less tightness with it
    maybe my tilt just needs more time considering the amount of time ive had it

Amaranti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amaranti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amaranti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amaranti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amaranti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amaranti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last edited by Amaranti; 06-11-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Hey thanks svartberg for the tip on the rolling, i thought i was doing what you had suggested before but now i think of it
    i was kind of digging for pressure points as i didn't need to, rolling with neutral pelvis and strong core the whole time of rolling
    and find that my only tightness in my quads is above my knees

thanks breh

FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FryDude has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A year ago

Today...

Ignore the lack of progress lots of injuries. I posted roughly a year ago but I only started focusing on fixing this **** as of recent. You'll see what I mean if you look at my shorts. I still got that forward head bs which I've got to work on though.

scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50) scotchchris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^ nice work bro, looking much better. Feel better with good posture?

np Slewot dude, ye I'm exactly the same, slight tightness in quads above left knee. (but much better than before)

Btw that correct bridge form is a killer ! I had to drop weights to half, feel a crazy burn between hamstrings/glutes.
    1 week later I finally felt my hams/glutes while walking for the first time !
    2 weeks later I had half a day of 100% no-APT, didn't need to tighten anything it was just automatic and lower back felt like a board real nice, but there's still a way to go ey.

Just a thought, but I think is wrong to tighten your glutes to get out of APT, that is because the whole thighs rotate outwards and it won't work unless you walk like a cowboy all the time heh
    For me it feels more like a 50/50 between hams/glutes. (again never forcing a posture because I'd rather let muscles recover)

Libanweakass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when you say no apt do you mean no monkey butt and straight back or do you mean no pain in the knees because i have only been stretching my hip flexor in four days and all of my pain in the quads are gone but not the posturre
    np Slewot dude, ye I'm exactly the same, slight tightness in quads above left knee. (but much better than before)

Btw that correct bridge form is a killer ! I had to drop weights to half, feel a crazy burn between hamstrings/glutes.
    1 week later I finally felt my hams/glutes while walking for the first time !
    2 weeks later I had half a day of 100% no-APT, didn't need to tighten anything it was just automatic and lower back felt like a board real nice, but there's still a way to go ey.

Just a thought, but I think is wrong to tighten your glutes to get out of APT, that is because the whole thighs rotate outwards and it won't work unless you walk like a cowboy all the time heh
    For me it feels more like a 50/50 between hams/glutes. (again never forcing a posture because I'd rather let muscles recover)

Originally Posted by Libanweakass View Post
    when you say no apt do you mean no monkey butt and straight back or do you mean no pain in the knees because i have only been stretching my hip flexor in four days and all of my pain in the quads are gone but not the posturre
    By no APT i mean no monkey butt & nice straight lower back instead of that retarded hyperlordosis.
    I haven't really had any knee pain, or quad pain, what's that about dude ?

By no APT i mean no monkey butt & nice straight lower back instead of that retarded hyperlordosis.
    I haven't really had any knee pain, or quad pain, what's that about dude ?
    excuse my langauge but **** Apt and bor du i göteborg jag vet inte hur man gör stretcherna eller hur man rullar med foam roller
    I was extra sensativ at my quads and if someone tuch me Its uncomfortable that feeling got reduced when I stretched my hip flexor with warrior lunge stretch
    but after four days i didnt feel stretch and my posture still sucks, my posture is at its best when i bend my knees at half squat but i cant walk like that and i still have lordois
    help

Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post

Steps to fixing APT:

Step 1: Buy a foam roller and follow this guide: http://www.performbetter.com/catalog...FoamRoller.pdf
    Link doesn't work. Can someone upload the pdf file? Will rep.
    No sig crew

Just look up the exercises for foam rolling quads, hip flexors, and low back on google

all very basic techniques

Originally Posted by Parlor_Mob View Post
    Link doesn't work. Can someone upload the pdf file? Will rep.
    http://www.nationalthrowscoachesasso...FoamRoller.pdf

But tbh a waste of time, I'd do what Slewot said, google/youtube rolling those 3 muscles that's all you need for APT.

Originally Posted by Libanweakass View Post
    excuse my langauge but **** Apt and bor du i göteborg jag vet inte hur man gör stretcherna eller hur man rullar med foam roller
    I was extra sensativ at my quads and if someone tuch me Its uncomfortable that feeling got reduced when I stretched my hip flexor with warrior lunge stretch
    but after four days i didnt feel stretch and my posture still sucks, my posture is at its best when i bend my knees at half squat but i cant walk like that and i still have lordois
    help
    Nah dude I'm not swedish, is just a random nickname I pulled out of my ass.

Hey that's the first time I hear of this, maybe your quads/hipflexors are super tight ?
    In that case stretching is not enough because it only stretch healthy tissue. You definitely wanna foam roll them and get those knots & scar tissue taken care of then the stretch will be better.
    Did you look in sport shops for foam roller ?

Originally Posted by scotchchris View Post
    ^^ nice work bro, looking much better. Feel better with good posture?
    Thanks man. I'll say this, I feel a lot more safe and rigid when I exercise and play sports but my hips ALWAYS ache. Perhaps there's an adjustment period? Could just be a new feeling that I'm not use to as of yet.

Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Parlor_Mob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I haven't had a chance to read all of the thread. How many times do you brahs do stretching related to APT? OP mentioned 3 times a day but with work and stuff, that's going to be tough for me. Do you have rest days? Does your lower back feel sore in the beginning from all the stretching?

please respond
    No sig crew

I haven't had a chance to read all of the thread. How many times do you brahs do stretching related to APT? OP mentioned 3 times a day but with work and stuff, that's going to be tough for me. Do you have rest days? Does your lower back feel sore in the beginning from all the stretching?

please respond
    Ehh usually i stretch 2 times a day because work / friends / etc , 3 if i can
    I would say 1 session in the morning, and one at night, and throughout your day do like 30s hip flexor stretches both side every 1-2 hours at least, or do standing psoas stretch if you
    dont want to look retarded at work

as far as rest days, no, sometimes for str training but ALWAYS stretch as skimping out a day or two can be a setback

and for the lower back, maybe when i started but not anymore, just keep up with it and it should slowly go away

hope this helped breh

please respond
    At the beginning I started too fast cause it seemed so easy, then the entire rest of the week I was sore as hell.
    Then next time when I foam rolled upper body (for kyphosis), I learned my lesson and started only a few seconds & low frequency, then gradually increase. (was still sore but less)

Ya most people do morning/night like Slewot .. however if you work at a desk job like me, I find the most important time is afternoon (after work), then morning.
    I only do twice a day and planning to reduce to afternoon only once my APT gets sorted.
    Oh and btw I'm pretty sure you don't need and even shouldn't stretch lower back. (i remember reading somewhere that only makes the problem worse)
    Last edited by svartberg; 06-20-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Thanks for the responses. Will get you brahs back once I'm off spread.
    No sig crew

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I keep getting asked questions about foam rolling.

Just to clear things up a little. The only muscles you need to foam roll are your lower back, quads, and hip flexors. If you don't know the technique to foam rolling, youtube is your best friend.

Also, stretch the same muscles that you foam roll.

Stretch and foam roll 3x a day for around 15 minutes a sesh, and you will be golden.

brodybrobrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright, so I have some pretty terrible APT. Never knew it existed until I stumbled upon this thread. So impressed by the info here I decided to sign up.
    Here I am in a relaxed, normal posture position:

i.imgur.com/AKY8w.jpg

Annnd here's me flexing my ass as hard as possible to try and correct my posture a bit:

i.imgur.com/P5Os5.jpg

I'll update in a month or so with how well this routine works for me.

One thing though, has anyone else had extreme pain when rolling lower thighs? I can roll everywhere, hips, lower back, upper thighs, etc with a bit of pain but over all it loosens up and feels pretty good.
    Tonight I spent 30 minutes trying to get the knots out / loosen up my lower thighs with a roller with minimal progress - and man it hurt like hell.

oh my the brobrah himself is still alive =p

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Slewot View Post
    oh my the brobrah himself is still alive =p
    Yeah, keep forgetting about this thread. But i've already answered most questions on the first few pages anyway. I'll start checkin on it more often though.

If anybody has any questions feel free, i will answer them from this page on.

I'd love to see some progress pics too from fellow APT brahs.

Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    Yeah, keep forgetting about this thread. But i've already answered most questions on the first few pages anyway. I'll start checkin on it more often though.

If anybody has any questions feel free, i will answer them from this page on.

I'd love to see some progress pics too from fellow APT brahs.
    i got four questions
    1. can you use a boatfender insted of a foam roller
    2. I can't get proper stretch on my hip flexor how do I make it more intense
    3. when I foam roll it feels like I am hitting the bone insted of the muscle how should it feel when you foam roll correctly
    4. how do you know when you are making progress

Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast