Pump1997 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to fix these protuding/bloating abs?

Hey,
    One thing that has been bothering me for a long time is that whenever I relax my abdomen and look in the mirror, my abs protude out a little too much(like it does in old people) leading to a tilt in my lower back. I'm a 21 year old from India and had somewhat of an obsession with situps during my teen years, used to do 250 situps per day(yes, obsessive).This practice had led to 2 things- a hunchback and bloating abs.
    The hunchback has been fixed at this current point in time but my stomach bloat still remains. I would be really grateful if the good people here at these forums would give me a solution that would bring my abs back to normal.
    Thanks

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Unless you've been using performance enhancing drugs then it's a postural issue. Look into anterior pelvic tilt. The curve in your back and protruding stomach says it all. I'd seek out a physical therapist to get you fixed up.

It doesn't have anything to previously doing lots of situps.
    Experience, not just theory

Pump1997 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Unless you've been using performance enhancing drugs then it's a postural issue. Look into anterior pelvic tilt. The curve in your back and protruding stomach says it all. I'd seek out a physical therapist to get you fixed up.

It doesn't have anything to previously doing lots of situps.
    Well it did only appear right after 2 to 3 months of doing that excessive situp routine. So I'm having doubts as to whether its a posture problem,it might be the over-strengthening of the ab muscles.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I doubt it. Abdominals are a flat sheet of muscle and they can't even hypertrophy that much.

Have you gained weight? It may just be bodyfat.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doesn't sound like you work out at all except for the random sit ups you did a few years ago. I'd wager to say your skinny fat, meaning you have a very low LBM and decent amount of fat in comparison. You may not have a lot of fat, but the lack of muscle makes it look worse.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Stand up

2. Lift your chest up

3. Squeeze your butt.

Do you still have this issue?

If not then it is a posture issue, liked mentioned already..

If you haven't been lifting heavy weights for at least 6 months, then it is HIGHLY unlikely that your abs are even partly developed.

Chest up = thoracic extension = can make your belly look bigger if you are slouched over.

Squeeze your butt = Postier tilt = Can make your belly look bigger if you are anterior pelvic tilted, aka butt pushed back.

Like the mod said POSTURE POSTURE POSTURE!!
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Pump1997 View Post
    Well it did only appear right after 2 to 3 months of doing that excessive situp routine. So I'm having doubts as to whether its a posture problem,it might be the over-strengthening of the ab muscles.
    Instead of just rattling off a reply I would suggest you look up anterior pelvic tilt. You mentioned protruding stomach, tilted lower back and hunchback upper back. Looks pretty textbook to me.

Experience, not just theory