csievers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hello all, newb here, and Jacked

Hello
    I've lurked around here for a bit, and even signed up months ago but have never posted. A little back story..

While I once was religious about nutrition and training, I let myself go a few years ago. This is nothing new, and probably a cliche story around here...in any case, I've found myself frustrated with my physique. Although I certainly don't look 250lbs, I feel it. My knees hurt, my back hurts, even my sexual prowess has been compromised(missionary is much more difficult being weak and too heavy)..not to mention I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear.

All this brings me here. My goal is to get down to 175-180 lbs, at a nice 10-12% bf. I give myself a year to do this. I first thought to do the P90X program, but doing that particular program on 5 hours of sleep(getting home at midnight, getting up at 5am to train) isn't good for me. To clarify, I work from 7a-3p Mon-Fri, then leave to take my wife to school at 4. Her school is an hour away, and she gets out at 11. Luckily, I have mon-wed-fri to hit the gym. The other two days I have to kill the time with my 4 year old while we are in town. Anyway, I don't really want to add much mass, although expect the newb gains(and welcome them). Really adding strength and cutting fat are my overall goals.

Getting my diet in order isn't a problem. My daily calorie intake is around 2200, with 160g protein/day minimum. My lean mass is about 160 lbs. I may up my calories, but feel 2200 is a good number as my job is basically sitting for 8 hr/day.

Typical day for me is
    breakfast-Oatmeal(w/ 1 scoop Isopure mixed in after cooking) and a banana-some days PB also stirred in.
    M.M snack-Syntha-6(1 scoop) or Muscle Milk(11oz RTD) and apple
    Lunch-5-6oz chicken breast(boiled/grilled), serv vegetable, serv whole wheat pasta/brown rice
    M.A snack-3oz can Tuna(w/mustard or salsa) and an apple
    Dinner-Chicken breast(grilled, roasted or pan fry w/ E.V.O.O.) w/ veggie(steamed) and a carb(rice, pasta, 1/2 potato)-
    Post W.O-Isopure(2 scoops) and banana or blueberries
    3oz tuna(mustard or salsa) prebed protein
    The only condiments I really use are olive oil, soy sauce, salsa, mustard, teriyaki, and periodically olive oil based mayo or bbq.

For training I've started All Pro's Beginner Routine. Specifics are in my workout section of my profile. The only additions I've made is the P90X abripperX disc on tuesdays, thinking of adding the p90X yoga on Saturdays. I'm not doing any cardio currently.
    Last edited by csievers; 01-12-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Forgot to add..
    To help w/ my muscular imbalances(pelvic tilt and tight calves primarily), I also so some core work and myofascial release techniques.

Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Jellyfish216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    And your question is?

Keep the diet and do Starting Strength. Better yet, do Stronglifts or Madcow's 5x5.

Originally Posted by Jellyfish216 View Post
    And your question is?

Keep the diet and do Starting Strength. Better yet, do Stronglifts or Madcow's 5x5.
    Mostly making introduction(didn't see specific forum category for this) and any critique.

dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000) dirtbikeguy is just really nice. (+1000)
    try to stay away from soy sauce since its LOADED with sodium, that will not only cause you have higher BP but raise your cholesterol and blood sugar levels aswell.
    not to mention cause your water levels in your body to vary and can make you feel as if you are gaining weight instead of losing due to retaining water

all in all soy sauce is VERY unhealthy in terms of a condiment

Originally Posted by dirtbikeguy View Post
    try to stay away from soy sauce since its LOADED with sodium, that will not only cause you have higher BP but raise your cholesterol and blood sugar levels aswell.
    not to mention cause your water levels in your body to vary and can make you feel as if you are gaining weight instead of losing due to retaining water

all in all soy sauce is VERY unhealthy in terms of a condiment
    Thanks for the info. I knew I had something bad in there..