Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PeteM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many of my BCAA pills should i take in a day....PLEASE help, i'm going nutty :o)

ok, i started taking BCAA's this week, in the form of prolabs BCAA pills. the reccommended dosage is 6 pills after a workout.....HOWEVER, here is where my brain starts to hurt a bit. the contents of the pills are as follows:

in 6 pills there are:

leucine 1.5g
    isoleucine .96g
    valine 1.32g

....now, i've been doing a ton of research and i CANNOT for the life of me, find out if 6 pills after a workout is enough BCAA's. one article i read on BB.com said i should have 4.8g of leucine a day, 4g of isoleucine, and 1.6g of valine a DAY!! the reccomended dosage of prolabs BCCA doesnt even come CLOSE to that dosage!?!?!?!

can someone please help, i'm going nutz, i've been searching on this site for the last 2 hours and cannot find an answer to my question. how many of prolabs pills should i take?? should i take 3 before my workout, and 3 after?? should i take 6 before and 6 after??? should i take 52 pills a day for 6 months straight??? i am so confused please learn me all you edumacated body builders out there
    dedication + strength + passion=SUCCESS!

Cutting SUX!!!! now i BULK!!!! goddamn i hope i dont get fat again

masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I don't think that is enough, or even close. Check out the article below, it has a lot of great info on BCAA's. There is a formula in the article some where that helps you determine your need for BCAA's. I don't remember what it is exactly, but I weigh 170 and it says I need about 30 grams a day total (that's with all three combined, not each). MRM's BCAA+G has 5 grams per serving and 166 servings in one container. That's what I just bought, you might want to check it out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/inmag5.htm

RobertW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you also taking a quality Whey Protein? Because there are also BCAA's in these. So you need to add these to the amount in the 6 tabs to get a correct calculation.

PeteM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i drink 1-2 met-rx shakes a day, and use nitro-tech post workout. will those shakes plus the 6 prolab pills give me the BCAA's i need on a daily basis??
    dedication + strength + passion=SUCCESS!

Cutting SUX!!!! now i BULK!!!! goddamn i hope i dont get fat again

RobertW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would think so yes.

BigRed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another thing to do is take the BCAA's during your workout. Beverly recommends 1 tab per 10 lbs of bodyweight. On the other hand, the guru Charles Poloquin, recommends taking your bodyweight converted to kg (divide by 2.2) and multiplying that figure by .44. So at a bodyweight of 170 you would need roughly 34 g of BCAA (170/2.2 x .44). If you use Beverly there is 4.5 g per five tab serving - that equates to 38 tabs per workout. That sounds pretty high, but that is the recommendation by the coach. Next week I am going to start a four week test of 30 tabs per workout to see if I notice a difference. Should be interesting, if I don't go broke first.

zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Forget tabs and go with powder.
    Use your f u c k ing brain.

PERENTAL ADVISORY: Zeppelin is an as sh ole! And there are plenty of references if you need them.

Why? Easier to digest and quicker absorbtion??

pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by BigRed
    Why? Easier to digest and quicker absorbtion??
    because there isn't enough aminos in pill form. powder is way better. you would have to take lots of pills to just equal a few scoops of the powder

jay_the_bull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another thing to do is take the BCAA's during your workout. Beverly recommends 1 tab per 10 lbs of bodyweight. On the other hand, the guru Charles Poloquin, recommends taking your bodyweight converted to kg (divide by 2.2) and multiplying that figure by .44. So at a bodyweight of 170 you would need roughly 34 g of BCAA (170/2.2 x .44). If you use Beverly there is 4.5 g per five tab serving - that equates to 38 tabs per workout. That sounds pretty high, but that is the recommendation by the coach. Next week I am going to start a four week test of 30 tabs per workout to see if I notice a difference. Should be interesting, if I don't go broke first.
    Couldn't agree more. Go get some BCAA's from Beverly give them a ring on the telephone or email them and take their advice on how to take them. The Beverly Aminos are a much higher quality than the Pro Lab pills.

What is the best powder out there - and do you think it is equivalent, or better, than Beverly? I have a lot of faith in the Beverly products. Thanks.

katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500) katma201 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Are you guys talking about Beverly Mass Amino or some other product?

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is the best powder out there -
    Here.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

I am referring to the Muscle Mass BCAA's

very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MRM's BCAA+G has 5 grams per serving and 166 servings in one container. That's what I just bought, you might want to check it out.

hmmmmmm... with a full 6g of aminos per serving I wonder how they found room for flavor, citric acid and sweetener, maybe they have altered the laws of physics?

goyard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goyard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goyard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try ice from xtreme formulations, it rocks! It also comes in powder form so u dont have too down all those rotten pills.

After reading of this I did go to their website and read a couple of the reviews. There were only two, but both praised the product. One said that you had to mix like 20 scoops to get the dosage he wanted - that would be 9 servings per container or about $6.50 per workout. That price works out a little higher than Beverly using 30 tabs which is about $5 per workout using ******* prices. Since the Xtreme product is so new (How old is the company?) do you think the product is reliable? I think Beverly's is - just take a look at their bodybuilders that use it. I think I wll stick with the Beverly for now, but I do like the sound of just drinking something versus swallowing all those tabs.

What is the grams per serving (one scoop) of BCAA in ICE?

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What is the grams per serving (one scoop) of BCAA in ICE?
    Originally posted by RippedUp
    Here.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by BigRed
    [B]After reading of this I did go to their website and read a couple of the reviews. There were only two, but both praised the product. One said that you had to mix like 20 scoops to get the dosage he wanted - that would be 9 servings per container or about $6.50 per workout. QUOTE]

which site are you talking about, 20 scoops of ICE would be a rediculously unnecessary dosage. As for price per g of aminos there is no way a tablet will ever be cheaper than a powder

It just says 5g of protein per serving, but what is the breakdown per BCAA?

Onc serving of the Beverly (5 tabs) is equal to 2500mg L-Leucine, 1000mg of L-Isoleucine and 1000 L-Valine - supposedly the "absolute optimum for lean muscle gains."

Here is the site with the review:

http://www.*************/store/produ...&reviews_id=83

per 2 scoops (10g)

GRAPE:
    L-Leucine: 3320mg
    L-Isoleucine: 1490mg
    L-Valine: 1730mg
    L-Glutamine: 2670mg
    vitamin b6: 10mg

FRUIT PUNCH:
    L-Leucine: 3420mg
    L-Isoleucine: 1590mg
    L-Valine: 1830mg
    L-Glutamine: 2770mg
    vitamin b6: 10mg

90 of these (10g) servings per bottle

masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) masshole has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Big Red,

It comes out to about 3.5 grams of BCAA's per serving, then some glutamine and stuff. I have a post somewhere titled "How much BCAA in ICE." The full breakdown was given in that thread.

okay i found that review, I dont know if that is actually the number of scoops or the number of Grams the suy is referring to but in no way is it necessary to use that many scoops. Ice doesnt miraculously require that much higher of a dosage than any other comparable number of grams of a different bcaa to work, its all grams of bcaa whether its this product or a different one

might want to check you math mass

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BCAA's are rather costly and a waste considering that you should be getting what you need in the protein mix you use.

CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by jay_the_bull
    Couldn't agree more. Go get some BCAA's from Beverly give them a ring on the telephone or email them and take their advice on how to take them. The Beverly Aminos are a much higher quality than the Pro Lab pills.
    I would need 55 pills per workout at 3.5 workouts per week
    WTF???????

* * * * * FREE SAMPLES * * * * * *|

Just go here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136099081

michaelp [at] AISportsNutrition.com

"might want to check you math mass"

Customizer,

Sorry, your right. I sincerely apologize. Neither the Grape nor the Fruit Punch come to 3.5 grams of BCAA's per serving.

Grape..........................3270mg BCAA's

Fruit Punch..................3420mg BCAA's

Your right Customizer, I totally overestimated YOUR product. Of course, when answering the question about how many BCAA's are in YOUR product you try to decieve, by providing a link that only says, "5g of protein." When you are finally nailed down to answer the question you quote two scoops, which is TWO servings. You even, in this thread, gave the statistics for YOUR product. Why don't YOU go back and check YOUR math. Add up the BCAA's that are listed in your previous post and then divide by two. That will give you the BCAA's per dose. Check it, check it again, and then check it again... then look at the numbers above... pretty damned accurate aren't they?

zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zeppelin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mass, their is a little bit of confusion here, which can easily be solved. We have an entirely new product on the way, along with entirely new labels, but it is still called ICE. What we did was INCREASE the amount of BCAA which are in the bottle. It is going from roughly 50% to about 70% and the serving has become 10g (2 scoops) to make things simplier. So if you add things up, they both come to about 70%. It varies because the flavor systems are different and require slightly different amounts of inclusion.

We are in no why trying to pull the wool over your eyes. That is why we changed our labels to state this. But really, add up the total amount of BCAA in each bottle, and you will find a tramendous amount of disparity between the two brands mentioned.

Dorian, BCAA and a larger mixture of EAA are very potent. More potent at stimulating muscle protein synthesis than any other type protein. With some key ingredients however, we can take the results to an even higher level. More on this to come. But look for special EAA products very soon, along with a stacker products.
    Use your f u c k ing brain.

PERENTAL ADVISORY: Zeppelin is an as sh ole! And there are plenty of references if you need them.

nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nbourbaki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    38 tabs of Beverly's BCAA would also contain 1267 mcg of Chromium Picolinate. That's far more than I'm comfortable with. I take two Beverly tabs between each meal On workout days, I take Now Foods BCAAs. Three capsules provide:

L-Leucine (free form) 1.2 g (1200 mg)
    L-Isoluecine (free form) 750 mg
    L-Valine (free form) 810 mg

I go through 24 capsules in a one hour workout. I seem to recover much faster, with very little soreness. Even on my most intense workouts. The downside is carrying a bottle of pills with me in the gym. I get a lot of funny looks when I start popping my pills. Anyway, sometimes a pill will burst in my stomach and when
    I burp, I litterally have powder comming out my mouth. It tastes pretty bad.