Kookid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What happens if you don't eat for 10 days, but take whey protein and work out.?

I understand that if you don't eat your body will start consuming the water in your body, your fat, and lastly your muscles when you are in need of protein.

What i want to know is, what will happen if you don't eat, and you take whey protein, does your body end up consuming only the fat, and using the protein supplied from the whey?

If the whey ends up turning into fat, what happens if you work out when you take the whey protein while not eating?

Thanks

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you'll have no energy due to lack of carbs/fats. fats are essential for survival, so you'll likey feel like total crap (almost certainly endanger your health, at least somewhat). You'll probably **** bricks when u poop.

overall, this would be extremely stupid.

if ur mixing the whey w/ whole milk, it will be a tad less stupid, but more healthy than straight up whey.

if you want to crash diet (somewhat) healthily, google a PSMF ( a short term crash diet), while i wouldnt recommend it, it's better than your hypothetical situation.

MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000) MajorTwang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kookid View Post
    I understand that if you don't eat your body will start consuming the water in your body, your fat, and lastly your muscles when you are in need of protein.
    Not strictly true - your body will raid it's stores for whatever it needs.

What i want to know is, what will happen if you don't eat, and you take whey protein, does your body end up consuming only the fat, and using the protein supplied from the whey?
    Your body will burn its own supplies of fat for energy, and protein for amino acids & glucose. Your body will use some of the whey for protein, but will also oxidise a lot of it into glucose.

If you add a reasonable amount of fat into the diet, you can spare the protein, because your body will go into ketosis, and your brain will switch from glucose to ketones.

If the whey ends up turning into fat, what happens if you work out when you take the whey protein while not eating?
    The whey won't turn to fat. Unless you are eating more than a pound and a half of it a day, you'll be in calorie defecit & not laying down fat. Also the biochemical pathways to turn protein into fat are so tortuous & inefficient that it effectively doesn't happen.

As others have & probably will say, it's a really stupid idea.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I will agree. Dumb idea
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anal explosions.

If you want to crash diet correctly, look into the rapid fatloss handbook by lyle mcdonald
    Who do men say that I am?

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks
    If you drink enough whey, you'll gain weight .
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Shr3dJunki3 View Post
    If you drink enough whey, you'll gain weight .
    unless you are like furious pete in the following video, I doubt that anyone is going to drink several thousand calories from shakes, unless you are asinine and buy a weight gainer shake.

Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Macrae88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I LOL"d when i saw this post

Thanks alot guys, ur advice is well appreciated.

khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) khrono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is actually a diet called the velocity diet where you only consume protein shakes and have i think it was 1 solid meal a week.

Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by khrono View Post
    this is actually a diet called the velocity diet where you only consume protein shakes and have i think it was 1 solid meal a week.
    Yea it can be found over at Tnation or googling it. You also have milled flaxseed, fish oils, fiber tablets (or powdered) and natty pb at the end of the day. It says to use all those specific supplements they tell you to but you can sub them out for cheaper and better brand such as Optimum. Im on this right now, day 2, its not bad so far. I would read up on it before doing it if i were you. You do get 1 solid meal a week but to be honest im drinking my gallon of water a day, taking my 6 shakes and other supplements and i havent craved food yet. I do miss chewing, but for that i chew sugerless gum. goodluck.
    What makes you think that you are invincible?

LETS GO! 200lbs by Feb 1st 2011

July 5th-299

July 26th-284

Sept 15th-276

Sept 22nd- 273

Sept 28th- 268

Threadkill Extraordinaire solilopop's Avatar
    solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Mikey33 View Post
    Yea it can be found over at Tnation or googling it. You also have milled flaxseed, fish oils, fiber tablets (or powdered) and natty pb at the end of the day. It says to use all those specific supplements they tell you to but you can sub them out for cheaper and better brand such as Optimum. Im on this right now, day 2, its not bad so far. I would read up on it before doing it if i were you. You do get 1 solid meal a week but to be honest im drinking my gallon of water a day, taking my 6 shakes and other supplements and i havent craved food yet. I do miss chewing, but for that i chew sugerless gum. goodluck.
    It's like the master cleanse.

But for men.
    and you get one meal.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

It starts and ends with your mind - the greatest thing to build. The rest of your body goes along with what the mind says.

-Ralstub

Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey33 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by solilopop View Post
    It's like the master cleanse.

But for men.
    and you get one meal.
    Isnt the master cleanse drinking maple syrup lemon juice and cayane pepper and eating nothing? If thats what you are reffering to then this isnt like the master cleanse, the only relation would be you are drinking calories. The one meal you get is at the end of each week, 4 per the 28 days this is intended. Also please dont be confused, the master cleanse shows no scientific support for its claims. Google is you're friend.

July 5th-299

July 26th-284

Sept 15th-276

Sept 22nd- 273

Sept 28th- 268

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why not just eat primate chow?

http://www.angryman.ca/monkey.html
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Threadkill Extraordinaire solilopop's Avatar
    solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10) solilopop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Isnt the master cleanse drinking maple syrup lemon juice and cayane pepper and eating nothing? If thats what you are reffering to then this isnt like the master cleanse, the only relation would be you are drinking calories. The one meal you get is at the end of each week, 4 per the 28 days this is intended. Also please dont be confused, the master cleanse shows no scientific support for its claims. Google is you're friend.
    All you do is drink and something happens. Not a big advocate for gimmick diets after reading the forums for a while. If the goal is weight loss, is there a specific reason why anyone would want to replace 3 meals a day with shakes to lose weight?

So when i say it's like the master cleanse for men.
    I mean, it's a gimmick to lose weight faster, but more appealing to men.

Is there any continual benefit to going on this diet, when later on you're just going to go back to eating regular solid foods anyways?

Faster weight loss?

Why not do things right to begin with that way you get used to maintaining a healthy balanced diet. Unless this diet is primarily targetted towards people in the gym and are doing it to cut, then a clean bulk afterwards, in that case i have no opinion on it because I can't say anything from a bodybuilders standpoint. But for any regular joe going on the velocity diet, i'll stand by my word of sayin it's stupid.
    Live. Learn. Pass it on.

It starts and ends with your mind - the greatest thing to build. The rest of your body goes along with what the mind says.

-Ralstub

Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100) Waosan is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you're trying to starve yourself and lose fat, please don't. It doesn't work.

Your body need at least 1,000 calories a day or it will slow down your metabolism. Slow metabolism will make your daily calories allowance lower. Then when you get back to eat regular meals, your weight will bounce right back and over.

I have done it myself, and I can prove that this is true. Beside, if you don't eat for 10 days, you will probably die from starvation.

Try reduce your daily calories by 300-500 and do cardio exercise. You can burn 500-1000 calories with cardio, plus the 300-500 calories you cut from your diet. You can easily burn 1,000 calories a day without tolling your body and health.

I agree that a person should learn a correct and permanent way to restrict calories in order to create a healthy deficit but the vdiet out lines a crash cut for people trying to loose that last bit or jump start a cut.

July 5th-299

July 26th-284

Sept 15th-276

Sept 22nd- 273

Sept 28th- 268

Originally Posted by khrono View Post
    Awesome, this is exactly what i wanted to hear

To be honest, I used to be overweight, was 100 kgs when i was 13 years old... (the reason i decided to do this stuff on my own was that i saw myself in a video at one point and went like "wtf is that me?!")

In order to lose weight, i ate nothing for 6 days, and on day 7, i had one meal

If i felt like i couldnt stand myself and just HAD to eat something, i would break a small piece of a cadburry chocolate bar, and let it melt away, and that stopped me from being hungry. (thats if things went overboard)

I also drank soft drinks (mainly mountain dew)

I did this for a month and a half, and I went down to 60 kgs

I lost around 30% of my muscles, skin turned yellow.

I acknowledge what I did was entirely stupid, however I DID overcome an obesity problem that has a lot more to life than "bah thats just stupid" (diabetes, heart attacks, attracting women, lifestyle, etc...)

It took me a while to regain my muscles, started pushups and then pull up bars and then started going to gym at 15

20 now, im 78 Kgs (was 80 kgs two days ago) and i took a test on a machine that determined my healthy weight, which was at 71.2 kgs, telling me that i have to lose that specific amount of fat.

What im mostly worried about is losing muscles again, working out at the gym and building up muscles is a pain in the ass, dont wanna lose them for torturing myself.

Thats why i was just wondering if anyone here knew , for example instead of drinking mountain dew every day, if i drank whey protein, would i lose fat only, or would i still continue to lose muscles.

I have reached points at specific ages where I regained weight, and stopped eating for a week or two, and that put me back on the right track, but i wasn't concentrating on my muscles or gym at that time as much as I am now.

Ry86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ry86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ry86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ry86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ry86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ry86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I used to be overweight, was 100 kgs when i was 13 years old....
    LOL fat ****.
    I dont drink these days, I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Terrible idea. You will be posting soon about the massive binge meal you went on. Fad diet=fail
    PL Log

BTK!

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Terrible idea. You will be posting soon about the massive binge meal you went on. Fad diet=fail
    Thanks for the support bra. I wont fail since there is no way to fail unless I allow myself to. I realize this isntvfor everyone but there are people who have accomplished this and im only use this as the first phase of my cut.

Thanks for the support bra. I wont fail since there is no way to fail unless I allow myself to. I realize this isntvfor everyone but there are people who have accomplished this and im only use this as the first phase of my cut.
    I don't support any fad diets. They aren't healthy. Fad diets are about people being too lazy and impatient to lose weight the healthy way. There is no magic way to lose weight. It takes time, effort, and disipline. People who try to cut corners are rarely successful. If you have a different experience than so be it and good for you. But you would be the exception to the rule. I'm not going to support and encourage people to use these methods
    PL Log

BTK!