Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Cayenne pepper for blood pressure and heart health

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/cayenne.htm

Great read, ive been using it everyday ,

I put it on salads, potatoes, and in water with lemon

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm glad you can tolerate it: cayenne gives me terrible heartburn....can't handle it, even in pill form.....

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a cayenne pepper shaker on the table at all times. It goes on eggs, in soup, pasta, you name it. I also grow my own, most of which I give away to friends. Lots of men's vitamins have it as an ingredient, good all around stuff. I highly recommend it.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Lots of folks here tout the benefits of cayenne, but a link to published clinical studies would be far more valuable than what was posted. I tend to be a skeptic, and that site was worse than useless to me. The only clinical study they mentioned was one on dyspepsia, then they go on to say how it stops heart attacks and treats all sorts of other medical conditions. I wonder, has the FDA evaluated those health claims?
    Overweight and arrogant

Lifter01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My favorite hot sauce is Franks; its main ingredient is cayenne peppers. I eat Franks on everything! BTW, I tried to do the powdered pepper before but that kind of fell by the wayside....

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think celery seed has better medical support than cayenne.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lifter01 View Post
    My favorite hot sauce is Franks; its main ingredient is cayenne peppers. I eat Franks on everything! BTW, I tried to do the powdered pepper before but that kind of fell by the wayside....
    Franks is good, so is plain old Tabasco sauce, the real deal uses a different but equally potent pepper. I have so many different hot sauces... I've had to tell people to stop buying them for me!

BG

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by m_risinger View Post
    http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/cayenne.htm

Great read, ive been using it everyday ,

I put it on salads, potatoes, and in water with lemon
    good for your ******* too ...
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m_risinger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    take apple cider vinegar for heart burn or reflux, cayenne should not be giving you heart burn. yes celery seed is great

What was that good for you word your trying to type there

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use cayenne and turmeric in my tomato juice; we have celery seed, but I'm not sure that its something I take. I will inquire- its a natural with tomato juice!

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Does ANYBODY have any good references for cayenne? I was really hoping that somebody could rescue this thread by posting some worthy information.
    Overweight and arrogant

that post from shirleys wellness has it all

Originally Posted by m_risinger View Post
    that post from shirleys wellness has it all
    No it does not. Actualy review the bibliography. The only claims they support with actual science are those made for dyspepsia and arthritis and other pain treated by capsaicin.

Fail thread has failed.
    Overweight and arrogant

partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50) partsbook will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Lifter01 View Post
    I love Frank's too but have to watch out for the sodium. We always have powder to shake on eggs and other stuff - very tasty. Also like the pills too.

just bumping a post, getting some to read about cayenne, great stuff

Still no proof or science here. Waiting, but not very hopeful at this point...
    Overweight and arrogant

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by partsbook View Post
    I love Frank's too but have to watch out for the sodium.o.
    My feeling. It's generally measured by the teaspoon @ between 1 and 20 % daily requirement - wildly variant and a teaspoon doesn't go far. The best appears to be Tabasco.

SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post
    Franks is good, so is plain old Tabasco sauce, the real deal uses a different but equally potent pepper. I have so many different hot sauces... I've had to tell people to stop buying them for me!

BG
    Secret Aardvark is our favorite (it's local to us). It uses habanero, so it's not for the faint of heart. Our local pizza joint also makes a freakin' awesome habanero sauce, too. We have at least 10 different bottles of hot sauce but each one has their place!
    Like to watch? http://www.footiefinder.com
    Follow our progress in 2012 - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141050081

SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50) SasaAndWendy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DaddyR View Post
    Does ANYBODY have any good references for cayenne? I was really hoping that somebody could rescue this thread by posting some worthy information.
    I'd only heard it anecdotally so I decided to do a quick search. Livestrong has a short article comparing different peppers and relating it back to capsaicin. I'm gathering that the higher you are on the scoville scale, the more your metabolism will be raised.
    Like to watch? http://www.footiefinder.com
    Follow our progress in 2012 - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141050081

I love the Tabasco myself, but I don't take it for blood pressure or "heart health" whatever the feck that is.
    Overweight and arrogant

AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50) AKMass will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of folks here tout the benefits of cayenne, but a link to published clinical studies would be far more valuable than what was posted. I tend to be a skeptic, and that site was worse than useless to me. The only clinical study they mentioned was one on dyspepsia, then they go on to say how it stops heart attacks and treats all sorts of other medical conditions. I wonder, has the FDA evaluated those health claims?
    Personally, the FDA is the last place I would rely on for evaluating what is or is not good for me.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    I'm glad you can tolerate it: cayenne gives me terrible heartburn....can't handle it, even in pill form.....
    Same here. I tried turmeric as well. Heartburn city.

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Cool website.

Health benefits or not, I love spicy food.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

Originally Posted by AKMass View Post
    Personally, the FDA is the last place I would rely on for evaluating what is or is not good for me.
    Yeah I know. It's not like they have teams of scientists evaluating reams of scientific data and demanding that drugs be proven to be at least reasonably safe and effective before selling them to the masses. Or do they?

Hmmmm... nawwwww who needs the FDA?

/sarcasm

I have my issues with the FDA, but not so much when it comes to their efforts at keeping regulated products safe.
    Overweight and arrogant

Originally Posted by SasaAndWendy View Post
    Secret Aardvark is our favorite (it's local to us). It uses habanero, so it's not for the faint of heart. Our local pizza joint also makes a freakin' awesome habanero sauce, too. We have at least 10 different bottles of hot sauce but each one has their place!
    Secret Aardvark sounds like a good product, I'll have to look for it locally. One grille parts store by me has tons of hot sauces and rubs. I skip the ones like Dave's Insanity. I have probably 15 bottles of sauce and about 6 of them open at any time. People drop them off on my door step, literally.

Rob

I love the Tabasco myself, but I don't take it for blood pressure or "heart health" whatever the feck that is.
    I like the taste and the heat, if it helps in other ways, even better.

Rob

CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CU314 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just tried 8 ounces of vegetable juice with a tsp of cayenne pepper and a tsp of tumeric (may have spelled it wrong) like one poster mentioned.

That was pretty intense. I could do that everyday.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah I know. It's not like they have teams of scientists evaluating reams of scientific data and demanding that drugs be proven to be at least reasonably safe and effective before selling them to the masses. Or do they?

Hmmmm... nawwwww who needs the FDA?

/sarcasm

I have my issues with the FDA, but not so much when it comes to their efforts at keeping regulated products safe.
    They also often take too long before approving safe drugs and often engage in shennanigans like saying Gulf shrimp are "safe" after the BP oil spill even though a lab tested them and found literally 1000 times the normal limit that the FDA says is "safe"

Anyways, there's plenty of info out there showing the benefits of cayenne pepper, including university studies. Not sure about the blood pressure thing but it can suppress appetite and has a mild thermogenic effect as well as has antioxidants. It's safe and healthy. Now what's the max amount that's safe? That I don't know. If you're worried about the safety of cayenne pepper, just look at people who use hot peppers in their food. It's not like they're dropping like flies...

dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) dunemonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In on Frank's Red Hot addiction thread.