mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is chicken and broccoli a good pre workout meal

I get home from work at about 6pm, but I go to the gym at about 7. Would it be okay to eat 8 oz chicken breast with 4 cups of broccoli about an hour before I go to the gym? Or is that too much food/too little time?

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How much food you can handle pre-workout is really up to you.

Where are the fats?

Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tototoro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Will it make you vomit during the workout? If not, then its okay. If it does, then its not okay.

schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schnell123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try it and see how you feel. Personally I prefer to wake up in the AM, sit around for 45mins to and hour and go to the gym without food then just drink a protein shake after. Or if I lift later in the day I don't eat 2-3 hours beforehand because it makes me feel sluggish. But a lot of people are the opposite so give it a try.

MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pre-workout meal is ideal to have complex carbohydrates (Low GI) to fuel your muscles. Protein maybe to decrease deaminization (breakdown of protein to glucose). Fat hasn't really been shown to benefit eating pre-workout.

A low GI carbohydrate is something like yogurt or pudding. You want long(er) lasting energy. Even carbohydrates from fruit take a little longer to break down (medium GI)

MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeBlitz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by schnell123 View Post
    Try it and see how you feel. Personally I prefer to wake up in the AM, sit around for 45mins to and hour and go to the gym without food then just drink a protein shake after. Or if I lift later in the day I don't eat 2-3 hours beforehand because it makes me feel sluggish. But a lot of people are the opposite so give it a try.
    People will actually train their gut to handle food closer to time of exercise. You really should be eating at least 1 hour before exercise.

mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mvanil10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well, I work 8 to 5. I was trying to eat before my WO because my routine looks like this:

I get up at 6am to get ready, drive ot work. By time I get home it's almost 6pm. Then I go to the gym, get back home at like 7:30 and take a PWO shake. Then I eat dinner at 8:15, go to bed at 10pm. Usually my dinner is chicken and brocolli - is it bad I'm eating that about 1 1/2 hr before bed?

VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mvanil10 View Post
    Well, I work 8 to 5. I was trying to eat before my WO because my routine looks like this:

I get up at 6am to get ready, drive ot work. By time I get home it's almost 6pm. Then I go to the gym, get back home at like 7:30 and take a PWO shake. Then I eat dinner at 8:15, go to bed at 10pm. Usually my dinner is chicken and brocolli - is it bad I'm eating that about 1 1/2 hr before bed?
    Doesn't matter when you eat. Hit your calories for the day. You could eat half of your food before bed, doesnt matter.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I get home from work at about 6pm, but I go to the gym at about 7. Would it be okay to eat 8 oz chicken breast with 4 cups of broccoli about an hour before I go to the gym? Or is that too much food/too little time?
    It would depend on the transit time of your particular digestive system. As far as eating before training, the idea is to give yourself enough lead time that the meal has exited your stomach so that you don't have a chance to 'revisit' the meal (gym owners frown on this) during heavy training.

For the average person, this time is around an hour or so, probably a little longer if the meal had a lot of fat content.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000) cmurray is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually prefer something lighter pre workout such as a whey shake or oatmeal and whey shake. I usually save the chicken and broccoli for post workout.

But really, it is completely up to you. If you find that chicken and broccoli is a good pre-workout meal then by all means eat it pre-workout.

Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rosssi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I personally find that without having complex carbs pre-workout, I won't be fueled with energy. I'd add some sweet potato or brown rice with your meal.
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do"

http://www.maniacfitness.com/interviews/ros-magtoto-interview/

zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zokukaoki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds great to me

20sfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20sfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally that is something I would eat after I get home from the gym. I like to have some peanut butter on a piece of wheat bread along with my pre workout NO Shotgun (has 20g of protein in it along with NO and caffeine) before heading to the gym.

20sfitness.com

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Too much fiber makes my stomach really full and makes me have to ****, so no not really.
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ JDkeystone's Avatar
    JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JDkeystone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I prefer something sweeter pre-wo (like cereal, oats, a yummy protein bar, cottage cheese with fruit, etc), but if chicken and broccoli floats your boat (and fits into your totals), by all means, go nuts.
    RIP Slash_ aka Tim- 06/28/1989 - 02/08/2013 <3

~Forever On Spread Because I don't Use My 5 a Day Like I Used To crew~