Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wings_unhinged View Post
    Have you ever had an opportunity to try out for WWE or some other big promotion like TNA, ROH, or WCW (if you were wrestling back then)?

Awesome thread.
    had a tryout with WWE in 2007. Hoping to go to Florida for the FCW Tryout Camp in March.
    Getting my video professionally done and sending it to TNA. I've talked to them as well
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about". -- Oscar Wilde

"The only people who tell you that you can't do things in life, are people who failed"-Chris Jericho.

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Is the canvas in a ring similar to the canvas in an MMA cage? In terms of how it feels when you bump on it.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price

ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ASIAN NIGHTMARE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mrs Grudge View Post
    Is the canvas in a ring similar to the canvas in an MMA cage? In terms of how it feels when you bump on it.
    I've never been in an MMA cage but its similar to a boxing ring with a LITTLE more bounce (not much)
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about". -- Oscar Wilde

"The only people who tell you that you can't do things in life, are people who failed"-Chris Jericho.

Registered User james-nutrition's Avatar
    james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50) james-nutrition will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ASIAN NIGHTMARE View Post
    I've never been in an MMA cage but its similar to a boxing ring with a LITTLE more bounce (not much)
    Do you ever feel that your safety in the ring is compromised? By this i mean couldnt the ring have more give or padding without taking away from the realism?

Also isnt there any safer ways of blood than blading like blood capsules that could be used?

Originally Posted by james-nutrition View Post
    Do you ever feel that your safety in the ring is compromised? By this i mean couldnt the ring have more give or padding without taking away from the realism?

Also isnt there any safer ways of blood than blading like blood capsules that could be used?
    blood capsules would just look too fake

If the ring is too soft there's a risk of spraining/breaking an ankle or knee.

nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10) nikolaskusha is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    awesome indeed

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. Charisma/ability to connect with a crowd

Look/Build - have to look the part. Fans wanna see larger than life superheroes (or villains). They don't wanna see the average skinnyfat guy that looks like some guy that works at the grocery store

Psychology - ability to control a crowds emotions and tell a story

Wrestling ability (distant 4th). As long as one is competent and doesn't hurt people. Hogan, Cena etc weren't great wrestlers but they are most recognizable names in history and biggest money makers ever

In that order

2. I've been a heel for 13 years so definitely heel. Its fun to make the crowd hate my guts and therefore make them want to pay to see the face kick my ass. Plus I have to be nice and polite in everyday life so 2-3 times a week, its fun to go out and be a complete dick!

3 Been a fan since i was 12. Always wanted to be the guys I saw on TV. Especially Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat who was my childhood idol.

4. Here's an article I wrote on that subject:
    I've had a few people ask my advice on getting into pro wrestling. This is the advice I gave them.

I've been in the wrestling business for 13 years now. I've wrestled all over Canada and the US. I hope to get a tryout in the New Year with WWE and TNA as well as ROH or Japan.

Best advice i can give u is First, HIT A GYM!!! (if u havent already). If you have any dreams about making a living in the wrestling biz, u need to look the part, which means being in shape. While you dont need to be some jacked up bodybuilder. I think a wrestler should AT LEAST look like an athlete or at the very least look like someone who can hold his own in a fight.
    WAY too many indy guys now have the look and size of my 12 year old cousin!
    Sorry guys(and you know who you are). You can be the greatest in ring technician but if the average joe fan cant believe that you can "kick ass", no one can take you seriously out there.
    My advice to young wrestling hopefuls. Start weight training in the gym (again, if you havent been already), eating right and if you dont know how, hire a personal trainer or find a friend that does.

Second, find a reputable Pro Wrestling training school. Kryss Thorn's TWA Powerhouse in St Catharines, ON Ruffy Siverstein's School of Hard Knocks in Newmarket, Squared Circle Wrestling in Toronto or Scott D'Amore's school in Windsor are a good start.
    If u are able to travel, the best school probably would be the Storm Wrestling Academy (Lance Storm) in Calgary. Or even FCW (WWE's Developmental Camp in Tampa, Florida

The biggest thing in this biz is MARKETABILITY!!! If you are not marketable (ie can draw fans). Promoter have no use for you or at most you'll be some guy at the bottom of the card who MIGHT get booked once in a while.
    Yes, in ring skill is very important but as Steve Corino told me over the weekend, there is a difference between a WRESTLER and a WORKER,
    A wrestler is great in ring but MAY lack what it takes to be marketable ( look, mic skills, charisma, the ability to "get over" or connect with a crowd)
    A worker is one who MAY lack skill in the ring but has IT (ie Hogan, Cena).
    Of course it would be nice to be both (HBK, HHH etc).

So ,Develop your look/outfit which means getting PROPER RING GEAR (boots , tights etc.). You wouldn't play Hamlet in jean shorts and a wife beater so why wrestle in them. Look professional!! Once again, you can be the greatest in ring technician but if u look like a fat slob in track pants, no legit promoter will give you the time of day. Be prepared to fork out a few bucks to get good quality, professional gear.

Once youre trained, Start working indy promotions in your area and develop your look, gimmick, ring skills and mic skills. Make yourself as marketable as possible. Then start sending promo packages (tape or DVD of 2 of your best matches, 8X10 Photos, Resume) out to promoters in your area and others.
    Hope this helps
    I disagree whole heartedly that Hogan and especially Cena aren't good wrestlers. The latter has had some of the best matches in the last five years or so.

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    had a tryout with WWE in 2007. Hoping to go to Florida for the FCW Tryout Camp in March.
    Getting my video professionally done and sending it to TNA. I've talked to them as well
    How much do you think your age hurts you?

Originally Posted by Los_Diablo View Post
    I disagree whole heartedly that Hogan and especially Cena aren't good wrestlers. The latter has had some of the best matches in the last five years or so.
    Both are better wrestlers than WWF/E ever let on. My point is they're not the greatest "scientific" technical wrestlers, but they're 2 of the best at overall working a crowd, marketing etc

How much do you think your age hurts you?
    probably does but I think if WWE/TNA sees something they like, age is irrelevant

Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bulldog67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Has a fan ever tried to attack you?

Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't know if you're comfortable with answering this, but compared to the indies, by what order of magnitude would a wrestler's pay increase by going to TNA/WWE while performing under a similar schedule?

zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500) zZzoOomMm is not very helpful. (-500)
    Are you really the Clive of wrestling?

Ayotollah of Rock n Rolla Kaz85's Avatar
    Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you ever juiced?

Originally Posted by Bulldog67 View Post
    Has a fan ever tried to attack you?
    yes an old woman had to be held back by 2 security guys from coming up the ramp at me lol

Originally Posted by Salavat23 View Post
    I don't know if you're comfortable with answering this, but compared to the indies, by what order of magnitude would a wrestler's pay increase by going to TNA/WWE while performing under a similar schedule?
    not quite sure what you mean?

Originally Posted by zZzoOomMm View Post
    Are you really the Clive of wrestling?
    Who or What in the Blue Hell is a Clive???

Originally Posted by Kaz85 View Post
    Have you ever juiced?
    No offence but I don't know you well enough to answer

Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salavat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    not quite sure what you mean?
    How does Indy wrestling pay compared to the big leagues (TNA/WWE) for a similar work schedule?

IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No offence but I don't know you well enough to answer
    heh, kind of answered the question then

Originally Posted by Salavat23 View Post
    How does Indy wrestling pay compared to the big leagues (TNA/WWE) for a similar work schedule?
    Most guys in TNA (other than a guy like Angle, Sting etc) are making only a bit more than a top indy guy
    WWE makes alot more. Starting contract is probably low 6 figures + bonuses up to Cena who makes about $5 million/year incl bonuses

yes an old woman had to be held back by 2 security guys from coming up the ramp at me lol
    "Come at me nana"

Tell me what you consider to be your three best matches and if there's a way I could see them.

"Come at me nana"
    haha..I was egging her on too. I had so much heat that night

Tell me what you consider to be your three best matches and if there's a way I could see them.
    hard to choose. Most of my stuff is on youtube (search KWAN CHANG). Most of my TWA matches are my best but its not on youtube yet.

Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Book your dream run in the WWE for a year.

From your entrance into the org to your departure.

What PPV you will debut, your feuds, how you would go out.

I'd like to see your ideal run.
    Joining Sherdog.com doesn't make you an MMA expert, reading Saucehead's threads don't make you a player and if describe yourself as an "alpha male", chances are, you're not one.

Originally Posted by Brad_Pitt View Post
    Book your dream run in the WWE for a year.

From your entrance into the org to your departure.

What PPV you will debut, your feuds, how you would go out.

I'd like to see your ideal run.
    I think everyone dreams of being WWE/World Champion and headlining Wrestlemania. I'd be happy with a long midcard run, like Mark Henry, who's had a job for the last 14 years or Matt Hardy before he left.
    Or like Edge who's not always in the title picture but does get put up to Main Event status

I'd start my hype just after Wrestlemania, with vignettes like they did for Del Rio. I'd debut just before Backlash, attacking a major face like Edge or Orton

wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wake_me has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sorry if its been asked, I have some pages to catch up on....

What's your opinion on tag team wrestling, and it's current state in and out of WWE?

Hamilton reps (EDIT: after some spreading )

Originally Posted by wake_me View Post
    sorry if its been asked, I have some pages to catch up on....

What's your opinion on tag team wrestling, and it's current state in and out of WWE?

Hamilton reps (EDIT: after some spreading )
    I don't get why Vince hates it so much. He's had some potentially great tag teams but he's broken them up to do nothing with the 2 guys

Cryme Tyme
    Hart Dynasty

past teams like 2 Cool
    Deuce & Domino etc

I think he could build a good tag division if he wanted to

The Usos
    Santino & Koslov
    reform the Hart Dynasty
    rehire Shad and reform Cryme Tyme
    or team JTG with R-Truth (they have the same gimmick pretty much)

Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brad_Pitt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think everyone dreams of being WWE/World Champion and headlining Wrestlemania. I'd be happy with a long midcard run, like Mark Henry, who's had a job for the last 14 years or Matt Hardy before he left.
    Or like Edge who's not always in the title picture but does get put up to Main Event status

I'd start my hype just after Wrestlemania, with vignettes like they did for Del Rio. I'd debut just before Backlash, attacking a major face like Edge or Orton
    Would you rather face Edge or Orton?

Orton may be more popular but Edge seems like he's better at building others.
    Joining Sherdog.com doesn't make you an MMA expert, reading Saucehead's threads don't make you a player and if describe yourself as an "alpha male", chances are, you're not one.