Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cheap Elliptical

I pretty much hate cardio but have finally accepted the fact I am going to have to do it. I currently run for 20 min a day. I live in Wisconsin and I have been thinking about getting a cheap elliptical to get me through the winter. Shove it into the garage for the summer and get it out next winter. So I dont need/want anything expensive. Think this will do the job?

http://madison.craigslist.org/hab/2151816158.html

I was gonna offer $150 and see if they bite

bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jeremy-D View Post
    I pretty much hate cardio but have finally accepted the fact I am going to have to do it. I currently run for 20 min a day. I live in Wisconsin and I have been thinking about getting a cheap elliptical to get me through the winter. Shove it into the garage for the summer and get it out next winter. So I dont need/want anything expensive. Think this will do the job?

I was gonna offer $150 and see if they bite
    nope

A decent elliptical will cost much more. That one has a small stride and I doubt it will withstand a male of some weight. Unfortunately Ellipticals aren't cheap and there is a big difference between a good one and a cheapo one. Personally I can't use cheap ones, the range of motion and generally feel it gives me feels awkward.

fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fpc4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    +1, unfortunately cheap and elliptical don't go together... you really can't find anything used that's any good for less than 1500.

absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i second that...used to have a pro form and realized that it wasn't cutting it. unless you spend for quality you will HATE your workout (believe me, I already hate doing cardio)

be patient and look for a deal from a gym closing or something wholesale. i've outfitted my basement gym with many good deals from craigslist and if you're willing to pace yourself you will find something better.

Originally Posted by fpc4ever View Post
    +1, unfortunately cheap and elliptical don't go together... you really can't find anything used that's any good for less than 1500.
    Mens sana in corpore sano

that which has emerged Alan David's Avatar
    Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alan David will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Buy a heavy bag on craigs for $40 and enjoy your workout.
    Or a new leather jump rope is around $15 bucks.

Do some circuits with the rope, squats, lunges, burpees, pushups, pullups, etc.
    You'll burn more calories in less time and get better conditioning.
    (and you won't have to lug out to the garage.)
    "The two kinds of people, on earth I mean, are the people who lift and the people who lean."

bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Alan David View Post
    Buy a heavy bag on craigs for $40 and enjoy your workout.
    Or a new leather jump rope is around $15 bucks.

Do some circuits with the rope, squats, lunges, burpees, pushups, pullups, etc.
    You'll burn more calories in less time and get better conditioning.
    (and you won't have to lug out to the garage.)
    You should warm up with cardio prior to hitting a heavy bag plus you need to know the basics of boxing. You have to know how to hit so as to avoid injuries to your wrists (for example) and you have to wear hand wraps etc. It generally requires a bit of knowhow.

Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I believe what you guys are saying Im just trying to understand.

Ive been lifting for a year now. I have never done any real amount of cardio and I am only doing to burn the awesome never disappearing belly fat I cant seem to get rid of through lifting. Im just wondering ,as long as one of these cheap ellipticals get my hart rate up for a good 20 min why do I need something more expensive? ROM I can understand but I wont ever care to be able to run for more than about 20-30 min.

absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absntaxes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    IMHO if the machine is not smooth (excess friction) or doesn't "mesh" with your body/cadence you will have an unpleasant workout and possibly cause injuries. i find that the more expensive machines are more versatile and smoother, etc. i remember a sale rep warning me against certain ellipticals that put too much strain on the achilles heel. just my opinion, what do i know, but since your body is forced into a particular motion on the elliptical i prefer for it to be smooth so that the only effort should be my heart rate not because i'm feeling an awkward motion.

Originally Posted by Jeremy-D View Post
    I believe what you guys are saying Im just trying to understand.

Ive been lifting for a year now. I have never done any real amount of cardio and I am only doing to burn the awesome never disappearing belly fat I cant seem to get rid of through lifting. Im just wondering ,as long as one of these cheap ellipticals get my hart rate up for a good 20 min why do I need something more expensive? ROM I can understand but I wont ever care to be able to run for more than about 20-30 min.
    Mens sana in corpore sano

2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2-stroke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was lookig for a cheap elliptical to throw in my garage but I decided that its much easier to find a cheap tread mill that will not be as much as a loss of function.
    On a side note of range of motion.....there is this weird machine at the gym that moves your legs up and down like 3". This lady does it for like hours a day.
    I WILL NOT LET MY MIND DESTROY MY DESTINATION. I CAN REACH MY GOALS AND I WILL.

***Double T Transformation log****
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130668243