CyaNite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyaNite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

triceps wont grow

Baring in mind i do everything at home.

My current routine is tricep extension 3 x 8-10
    close grip bench 3 x 8-10
    weighted dips 3 x 15 or skullcrushers 3x10

Been at it for a couple of months getting gains everywhere but triceps so can anybody suggest some stuff for me to get them to grow.
    They are getting stronger but wont seem to grow

genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    because like alot of other people you refuse to get out of the 8-10 rep mentality.. It has its places but if you want your body to grow u have to give it a reason to grow. Overload your muscles. Do weights where u can only do 4-6 reps, 3-5 reps.
    The body is lazy, unless you give it a reason to grow it won't

Tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherf*cker in the valley

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds - Henry Rollins

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sumusiko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CyaNite View Post
    Baring in mind i do everything at home.

My current routine is tricep extension 3 x 8-10
    close grip bench 3 x 8-10
    weighted dips 3 x 15 or skullcrushers 3x10

Been at it for a couple of months getting gains everywhere but triceps so can anybody suggest some stuff for me to get them to grow.
    They are getting stronger but wont seem to grow
    You need to use alot of weight.

Anyways , how many times u train them per week?

CyaNite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CyaNite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i been training them twice a week. i will give that a go. i have increased the weight a fair deal already. but i will just ante up and give heavier weights a go. any different exercises you can suggest for me also

genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i been training them twice a week. i will give that a go. i have increased the weight a fair deal already. but i will just ante up and give heavier weights a go. any different exercises you can suggest for me also
    so u train triceps twice a week, train chest and shoulders... so essentially u train ur triceps 4 days a week and u wonder why they wont grow??? u arent giving them a chance to recover and u are using too light a weight.

Tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherf*cker in the valley

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds - Henry Rollins

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

yeah you could be right. currently i do 6 days a week.
    i have arm day twice. chest. shoulders. back and legs.

but if you are counting chest day and shoulders day should i just axe one of the arm days and use heavier weights. My bi's have been getting decent gains i should add and i work them with tri's. i alternate which i work first each arm workout

but if you are counting chest day and shoulders day should i just axe one of the arm days and use heavier weights. My bi's have been getting decent gains i should add and i work them with tri's. i alternate which i work first each arm workout
    yes there really is zero reason whatsoever to do arms 2x a week. they are secondary movers for all of the main upper body movements. they get hit plenty with back chest and shoulders.

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

ill give it a go.

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2 words

KICK BACKS

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    On the bench press I've never done sets with more than 6 reps with a regularly spaced grip (no wide or close). I've never had problems with my triceps not growing and getting stronger. I recently switched from doing unweighted dips - 50 rep sets - to doing sets of 3-plate (135lb) weighted dips and have seen massive improvements in my triceps over the last 2-3 weeks. Started with sets of 6, did 5 sets of 10 yesterday. I'll be adding more weight to them the next time I go to the gym and aiming for the maximal weight I can do 6 reps of.

Moral of the story: Want bigger muscles? Challenge them with higher weight. If I can do 10 reps of something with my upper body, I'm not using enough weight.

Only tricep exercises I routinely do: Flat bench and weighted dips. You can keep your fancy skullcrushers, cable extensions, or whathaveyou. I do incline and military press, but I've honestly found all the triceps stimulation I've ever needed is heavy weight flat bench and heavy weight dips.

PS: I don't have an "arms" day either. I'll hit my triceps/shoulders hard on chest day. Biceps/shoulders hard on back day.

gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000) gilham1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The best advice in here is to lift heavier, keep adding weight as you progress.
    The whole debate on training a body part more then once a week is very up to the individual and how they recover..I would suggest going heavier and try hitting one body part a day with 4-5 exersices per body part and see how your body reacts to that, then change it back to like you are doing now in a few months and see how that works for you..
    The key is to go heavy and try to increase each week .

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you been gaining weight/size anywhere else? Size is not to be confused with strength.

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    you need to get it out of your head that you gotta stay within the 8-10 rep range to grow man. you gotta change up your rep ranges often and even every week if needed to. for triceps i do no less that 6 and i sometimes go up to 20 even. i change it up all the time to keep my muscles guessing. also, focus on the negative portion of the exercise. have you ever tried Eric Brosers P/RR/S training system? if not, do some research and give it a try. IT WORKS. i've been using it for chest and i've made really good improvements in a short period of time. i love it and i definitely recommend it. go to http://prrsguru.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=train and check it out man. good luck

Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joshthespartan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Start with compounds first!
    Example
    1. Dips
    2. Narrow Bench
    3. Skull Crushers

Also vary it up, but always start with power, compounds first. Then get into your pressdowns which are more isolation movements.
    But everyone is right, stick with an exercise routine for 6 or so weeks, keeping records of your weights used, and reps and track progress that way. Force them to grow, each set should be 100% concentration on that muscle growing!
    Josh "The Spartan" Andrews
    (EST Nutrition Sponsored Athlete)
    (Monsta Clothing Sponsored Athlete)
    (Supreme Protein Sponsored Athlete)

www.ESTNutrition.com
    www.MonstaClothing.com
    www.Supremeprotein.com

Website -
    www.JoshAndrewsBodybuilding.com
    ******** -
    http://www.********.com/home.php#!/pages/Josh-Andrews-Bodybuilding/133005386743932
    Blog -
    http://joshandrewsbodybuilding.blogspot.com/