Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

BUILD XS Log: c0rkscrew, mcfatmeup, and impakt1

"We will be giving our independent reviews on the supplements. While doing the log, me and the other two members will be exchanging various information and our experiences on the supplement. The information that will be sharing will be based on the following:" - Copy and pasted from "stoneagerebel"
    -Taste
    -Focus
    -Strength
    -Recovery

My Build XS flavor:
    GRAPE

My Personal Goals and Information:
    Lower bf %
    Up strength
    Gain mass

I'd like to thank Higher Power for the great communication, and for allowing us to all use and review this product.

*note: The other day I went to the doctor for dizziness, turns out I have vertigo. I'll be starting my log within the next few days, when I'm 100% in the gym. I just made the thread so my group can get started.
    Last edited by c0rkscrew; 12-19-2010 at 07:24 PM.

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in!
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

Ph.D Science of Brosophy impakt1's Avatar
    impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

waiting on my tub to come in.

STATS
    5'7
    158 lbs
    Bench: 185x5
    Deadlift: 315x2
    Squat: 245x1
    Military Seated: 135x6

Routine
    Monday: Chest, Tris
    Tuesday: Back, Bis
    Wednesday: HIIT, abs
    Thursday: Shoulders
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: HIIT
    Sunday: Off

Bio
    I used to weigh 215 lbs. August 2010 I was 170. I was training and dieting for a solid 2 years until August where I had a really bad accident ):. 5 weeks ago, I was allowed to start training again. Now I'm down to 158 10% bf and still cutting. Lifting hard and cutting. Looking to see what build xs does for me.

c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0rkscrew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What kind of accident did you have?

Farting in yOUR squat rak McFatMeUp's Avatar
    McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50) McFatMeUp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    recieved my build xs D

im doing a modded version 20 rep squat, and i have not yet started taking build xs because i have just started after 2 months of no strength training.
    Bench - =(
    Squat - =)
    Deadlift - =)
    OHP - =)

impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) impakt1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by c0rkscrew View Post
    What kind of accident did you have?
    While out in Ohio doing research, i was using a chop saw. The branch I was cutting got pulled in by the saw and I couldn't let go quick enough. I sliced through 80-90% of my left pinky. I completely obliterated my PIP joint along with the tendons, ligaments, and nerve. The Dr out in Ohio just wanted to amputate it. I said no thank you & wouldn't allOw him to do so, so he placed a pin in my finger and stitched me back together. Once back in NJ, after seeing a few Drs, they decided that a bone fusion was possible.

Long story short,
    I now have no PIP joint in my left pinky. But I do have a pinky. The tendons and nerve were all repaired. I can make a full fist. Going to therpay 3x a week to work on grip strength

Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sub'd for this!
    --------------------------------------------

Personal Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155617473

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good story, impakt1. I think you made the right decision. Hopefully Build XS will help you gain n grow.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    McFat - have you used the product for a workout yet??
    Available as a rep

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by impakt1 View Post
    While out in Ohio doing research, i was using a chop saw. The branch I was cutting got pulled in by the saw and I couldn't let go quick enough. I sliced through 80-90% of my left pinky. I completely obliterated my PIP joint along with the tendons, ligaments, and nerve. The Dr out in Ohio just wanted to amputate it. I said no thank you & wouldn't allOw him to do so, so he placed a pin in my finger and stitched me back together. Once back in NJ, after seeing a few Drs, they decided that a bone fusion was possible.

Long story short,
    I now have no PIP joint in my left pinky. But I do have a pinky. The tendons and nerve were all repaired. I can make a full fist. Going to therpay 3x a week to work on grip strength
    Woh, intense! I would've kept it as well. Good choice and happy gains to you in your journey forward

Good news guys, got my tub today!
    First workout will be tomorrow.

Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^Looking forward to seeing how you like Build XS!

good news guys, got my tub today!
    First workout will be tomorrow.
    sahweet! :d

Impakt tear it up with build!!!

Realizing today while I starting mixing my first scoop, this is a stim free workout. I was a little hesitant at first, but then i quickly realized this would be combining both my green mag and other preWO. Add caffeine pills and bam. But for this, just build xs.

-Taste: 10/10. Absolutely amazing. Tasted exactly like a grape jollyracher.
    -Focus: 10/10. Unbelievable focus. Didnt think about anything else besides me and the weights.
    -Strength: 5/10. Average strength this time. Lifts stayed the same/lacked a little in my last set of DLs 315x1
    -Energy: 5/10 I was actually quiet sluggish in the gym today. I dont know if could be from the lack of stims or the fact that i was actually quite tired.
    -Recovery: TBA/10. Cant tell yet

I had an average workout today. Not unbelievable and not bad. Lifted same weight as last week. Lets see what one scoop does tomorrow for cardio and abs tomorrow

Realizing today while I starting mixing my first scoop, this is a stim free workout. I was a little hesitant at first, but then i quickly realized this would be combining both my green mag and other preWO. Add caffeine pills and bam. But for this, just build xs.

-Focus: 10/10. Unbelievable focus. Didnt think about anything else besides me and the weights.
    -Strength: 5/10. Average strength this time. Lifts stayed the same/lacked a little in my last set of DLs 315x1
    -Energy: 5/10 I was actually quiet sluggish in the gym today. I dont know if could be from the lack of stims or the fact that i was actually quite tired.

I had an average workout today. Not unbelievable and not bad. Lifted same weight as last week. Lets see what one scoop does tomorrow for cardio and abs tomorrow
    Good first workout. After a few weeks, if you want to add the caff, go for it.
    Available as a rep

Glad you are liking the taste and focus. The taste is amazing for sure!

HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking forward to it! Maybe it'll take some time for an adjustment period.
    Check us out on ********!
    http://www.********.com/home.php?#!/pages/Higher-Power-Nutrition/164091646944274

Hit it hard today guys!

Cardio session was pretty good last night. Usually I do HIIT on wednesday and saturday but because of the holidays my HIIT got moved to Monday so last night I did some MISS. Usually im a little aloof and get bored during MISS but while on build I was so focused. And I actually had some clean energy. Not bouncing off the walls but a good amount of energy. Can't wait to see what it does for shoulders today.

Taste: 10/10
    Still cannot believe how good this tastes. I don't want it to end. Also I love the fact how well it dissolves.
    Focus: 10/10
    Still loving the focus of this stuff. Only thought about my "fat" self pushing harder and longer. LOL
    Strength: Can't really judge since I did cardio and abs but I do have to say last night was the first time I was able to do 10x 20lbs decline weighted crunches.
    Recovery: 9/10
    Since ive been back training, I got sore and had DOMS after every workout. For the first time, my back and bis were not sore the next day.
    Energy: 8/10
    Solid clean energy. Not super amount of energy but a good amount to push me through my hatred of cardio. I love HIIT but can't stand others.

<<<<<getting PSYKO>>>>>> JesusTheKing's Avatar
    JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000) JesusTheKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Still loving the focus of this stuff. Only thought about my "fat" self pushing harder and longer. LOL
    Solid clean energy. Not super amount of energy but a good amount to push me through my hatred of cardio. I love HIIT but can't stand others.
    LOL!!! ha ha
    " a good enough amount to push me through my hatred" that is just enough!!! good job
    keep pushing it

shoulders went well. hit a PR on seated BB press.
    45x8 (Warmup)
    65x8 (Warmup)
    105x5
    115x5
    125x5
    135x4 (PR)
    145x1 (PR)

Lateral raises felt easier this week compared to last week. Strength is definitely there
    20x10
    25x8
    30x6

Upright rows
    65x10
    75x10
    85x8

DB Arnold Presses
    40x8
    40x6
    45x6

Focus: 8/10
    Just wasn't there yesterday. It felt odd because the other times I took it I was so focused.
    Strength: 9/10
    Definitely felt a strength improvement.
    Clean energy again. Nothing crazy
    Recovery: 9/10
    I usually go really hard on abs and am sore for two days afterward. No DOMS or soreness in the abs. Recovery is nice with this stuff.

Let's see how my build xs does with my favorite workout.... LEGS
    Trying to hit squat PR for the second week in a row.
    Squats
    Lunges
    SLDL
    Leg extensions
    Prone leg curls
    calf raises

PR! Yahoo!
    Available as a rep

Tomorrow is gonna be my first review. Happy holidays everybody

Merry Christmas everyone. Hit it hard tomorrow.
    Available as a rep

Tried 2 scoops today to see if i noticed a difference. Definitely a big improvement. Only problem is that 5g/day creatine is suffice for me, so at 2 scoops = 10g creatine, but oh well. Definitely going to try 2 scoops on my other workouts since I enjoyed it so much on legs.

Taste: 10
    Focus: 10
    @2 scoops, the focus was amazing. I never lost focus during my squats, concentrating on form the entire time. I was so focused I was picking out every little thing my girlfriend did wrong during her squats. (Her form is subpar but we are getting there!)
    Strength: 9
    Noticed a general improvement in strength. 3 leg workouts ago, I just couldn't squat 225x1 ATG. 2 Weeks ago, I got it. Today on build, I got 225x4. Big improvement for such a short time. Also hit another PR: 255x1
    Recovery: 10
    I know it's less than 24 hours since my workout, but after an epic christmas dinner, I passed out from a food/dessert coma from 7pm to 3am. Hopefully I can get back to sleep after this post. Off topic, but the point is that when I got out of bed, for the first time after a leg workout, I was able to walk with strain. They were still sore, but not like it usually is where I waddle to get to the bathroom. Build is seeming to be a great recovery product (no need for BCAAs (: )
    Energy: 8
    Getting used to this whole nonstim preWO, but I certainly do notice clean energy as I've talked about before. 2 scoops made it definitely more noticeable.

Squat
    45x8 (Warmup)
    95x8 (Warmup)
    135x8
    165x8
    180x6
    205x5
    225x4
    245x1
    255x1 (PR)

DB Lunges
    40x10
    45x8x2

SLDL
    135x8
    165x6 (Grip gave out)
    185x8

Leg extensions
    130x8
    135x8
    150x7

Seated calf raises
    90x8x3

This upcoming week, 12/26 to 1/2, is my week off as it's been 6 weeks since I've been back training. I've been pushing my body hard these past 6 weeks and I think it & I deserve some time to repair, recuperate, and relax. Before my accident, I was at 167 at probably 15-18% BF....fast forward 3 months of no exercise or training, I was probably pushing 172-175. Now i'm down to 159 10-11% which for 6 weeks, I really cannot complain. My strength is slacking a bit on chest and bi's, but the strength is definitely coming back.

Very nice man! Hitting it after Christmas!

Hope you everyone had a Merry Christas!

Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    Very nice man! Hitting it after Christmas!

Hope you everyone had a Merry Christas!
    Actually hit the gym up pre Christmas lunch. Found a gym by my parents that was open Christmas day. Had myo and a banana pre with build 45 mins after. Then some oats with UP breakfast. Then eat everything in sight for lunch. So glad to have got a workout in.

Today I did shoulders after being out of the gym for about 12 days.

Dumbell press
    35x8 - warmup
    55x7
    55x6
    50x8
    *I usually do 3 sets of 8 with 55's, but I seem to have lost a bit of strength being out of the gym.

Military press
    105x6
    105x6
    105x6

Lateral raise
    25x6
    20x8
    20x8
    *Also lost a lot in this exercise.

Barbell front raise
    65x8
    65x8
    65x8

Shrugs - shrug machine
    230x8
    240x8
    280x6

So surprised at how good this stuff tastes. It tastes just like grape drink.
    Focus: 9/10
    Very clean focus the entire workout.
    Strength: 7/10 *note First time back to lifting in about 2 weeks, so I lost a little bit of strength because of that. I'm sure once I get back into routine it'll go way up.
    Recovery: TBA
    Clean and steady energy the whole workout.

Impact - those that take 2 doses usually only do for heavy days, such as legs.

Corkscrew - 12 days? Whatcha been doing?
    Available as a rep