RP89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why does eating make me so tired?!

I think i'm in the minority here but eating always makes me tired and sluggish. I'm already a pretty lethargic person as it is but eating decent sized meals just makes it worse. If I eat pasta + 2 chicken breasts i'm tired and need to rest...my minds all cloudy...if I down a shake of quickmass I can't function for the next 2 - 3 hours and needs to lay back on my couch and just watch tv. I'm all for bulking and "getting big" but this is getting ridiculous because it's making me very unproductive. Last year I went through basic linear progression with good gains and gained about 35-40 pounds in a 4 month span.

It was tough for me to do and I'm happy I went through it but looking back I didn't get anything accomplished in those 4 months except for getting bigger/stronger because I was always tired from eating. Prior to that linear progression I was eating clean for awhile but I'd still be tired after eating all the time. Honestly wtf do I do? Had a blood test last year and everything was fine according to my doctor... I really want to get stronger and take my training to the next level but I'm also not prepared for another year of not getting anything done because I never have the energy to do ****.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Has this always happened? are you taking any anabolics? how much water are you drinking? how much do you sleep?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    High carb meals put me into a food coma. What's your daily macros look like?

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    Has this always happened? are you taking any anabolics? how much water are you drinking? how much do you sleep?
    This has been happening for awhile. 3-4 years at least. In that period of time this has happened when I would get 8 hours of sleep for 3 months straight, it has happened when I would drink 2+ litres of water a day, it has happened when I ate clean, when I didn't it clean...it's just always happened regardless of what I've tried to do to fix it because I keep trying to pinpoint different things as to why this always happens to me.

I've never taken anabolics but to be honest I might just have to consider roids solely for the reason that I'm always so lethargic and rarely ever have energy...eating just makes it a lot worse.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RP89 View Post
    This has been happening for awhile. 3-4 years at least. In that period of time this has happened when I would get 8 hours of sleep for 3 months straight, it has happened when I would drink 2+ litres of water a day, it has happened when I ate clean, when I didn't it clean...it's just always happened regardless of what I've tried to do to fix it because I keep trying to pinpoint different things as to why this always happens to me.

I've never taken anabolics but to be honest I might just have to consider roids solely for the reason that I'm always so lethargic and rarely ever have energy...eating just makes it a lot worse.
    Steroids will just make it worse, so forget that ****.

try 1+ gallons of water a day, change what you're eating...is it when you eat anything or just heavy carbs etc?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Originally Posted by bethtwenty4 View Post
    Yeah I always get food coma's if I eat any non kid sized meal lol. No clue what my daily macros look like, the only thing that has ever worked for me in terms of gains was to eat a lot and drink milk to ensure I'm getting enough cals everyday..squatting 3x a week. But as I said when I went through like 4-5 month stretches of eating clean, lots of fruits + vegetables too it made no difference.

Steroids will just make it worse, so forget that ****.

try 1+ gallons of water a day, change what you're eating...is it when you eat anything or just heavy carbs etc?
    It's when I eat anything man...any decently sized meal. As I said...I had long stretches of drinking a ton of water each day..eating clean...still the same effect. Even if I ate a big, low carb meal I'd feel real tired...

what happens if you were to space meals out more and make em smaller?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

what happens if you were to space meals out more and make em smaller?
    If I ate smaller meals it wouldn't be as bad. Would feel similar but def. scaled down compared to if I ate a bigass meal. I just feel like this isn't normal. I know plenty of ppl who eat like absolute crap and none of them have these issues...

charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10) charlie335 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you feel that way because of high insulin levels.

Originally Posted by charlie335 View Post
    you feel that way because of high insulin levels.
    please elaborate. How do I fix this? Anyone think this can be an issue of testosterone deficiency?

45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500)
    please elaborate. How do I fix this? Anyone think this can be an issue of testosterone deficiency?
    isitlowt.com
    I asked for the mod neg because I didn't feel I had earned my reps. I would appreciate it if you only repped me because my posts are helpful/insightful.

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I normally don't post something like this without proof but I thought the food intake initially lowered your body temperature creating some feeling of "lethargy."
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey

bleed27gr33n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bleed27gr33n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im in the same boat. It seems after every meal I become very sluggish and have to resort to the coach for the next 2-3 hours. It's the reason i cant workout mid-day because I simply feel like ****. I have upped my carbs these past few months so I'm thinking that might be it. I might try cycling here and there to see how my body reacts. Im thinking it might be stemming from my ****ty sleeping pattern too

bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bartenda has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    same here subscribed for potentially good answers
    []D[][]V[][]D[][]\[] [][]\[] '10

kraMSmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think i'm in the minority here but eating always makes me tired and sluggish. I'm already a pretty lethargic person as it is but eating decent sized meals just makes it worse. If I eat pasta + 2 chicken breasts i'm tired and need to rest...my minds all cloudy...if I down a shake of quickmass I can't function for the next 2 - 3 hours and needs to lay back on my couch and just watch tv. I'm all for bulking and "getting big" but this is getting ridiculous because it's making me very unproductive. Last year I went through basic linear progression with good gains and gained about 35-40 pounds in a 4 month span.

It was tough for me to do and I'm happy I went through it but looking back I didn't get anything accomplished in those 4 months except for getting bigger/stronger because I was always tired from eating. Prior to that linear progression I was eating clean for awhile but I'd still be tired after eating all the time. Honestly wtf do I do? Had a blood test last year and everything was fine according to my doctor... I really want to get stronger and take my training to the next level but I'm also not prepared for another year of not getting anything done because I never have the energy to do ****.
    I had this same problem. Turned out i was Celiac. It's when you are allergic to wheat/gluten... I recommend getting tested by your doctor, or going off wheat and seeing how you feel.

WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WellHungOver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You may consider IF.

Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wily34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bethtwenty4 View Post
    This.

You aren't the only one. You are sensitive to carbs just like me. I have actually eaten a plate of pasta with french fries at lunch and passed out while driving back to work. Luckily my passenger saved our arses. Back in highschool I would also get in trouble for passing out in class after lunch. Teachers would get fed up with me and actually have me sit at the front of the class. And guess what, I still couldn't keep my eyes open and would pass out anyway.

You will have to adjust your carb intake down when you plan your meals or eat smaller more frequent meals because excessive calories in general will also do the same exact thing. Smaller more frequent meals are the only thing thats gonna help. Trust me. Been there.

FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitnessMan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What type of pasta are you eating? If you are eating your typical semolina pasta, you're ingesting high-glycemic carbohydrates which spike your blood sugar, and in turn leads you to a crash. If you want to continue eating pasta as part of your meals, I suggest eating whole-grain pastas that are lower on the glycemic index to slowly raise your blood sugar and to prolong your energy levels.

Hope this helps!

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Somebody get that troll a cup of coffee!!!!