JoakimBROah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thoughts of my Push/Pull/Legs 3-day split

trying to gain mass...I think this seemed like a good plan..thoughts?

Monday-pull

1 leg deads 3x8
    rows 3x8
    weighted pullups 3x8
    weighted chins 3x8
    incline dumbbell curls 3x8
    lat. pull down 3x8
    pushup variations 25x3
    delt raises 3x10

Wednesday - legs

7/7/7 front squat/backward lunges/forward lunge (4 sets)
    Step ups 3x8
    Leg curls 3x10
    Leg extensions 3x10
    Calf Raises 3x15
    Hamstring falls 3x8

Friday - push

Incline bench 3x8
    flat bench 3x8
    military press 3x8
    tricep extensions 3x8
    skulls 3x8
    100 pushups (spiderman, Ts, elevated, triangle)

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stop making threads about your push/pull/legs routines. Just follow this...

PUSH
    1 horizontal push (IE bench), 1 vertical push (overhead press), 1 tricep movement

PULL
    1 pull from floor, 1 horizontal pull (rows), 1 vertical pull (pull ups), 1 bicep movement

LEGS
    1 squat movement, 1 posterior chain movement (RDL's), 1 calf movement

Add in extra excercises that fit in with your goals, needs, etc.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The idea is fine of a push, pull, and legs are fine but theres way to much redendency and questionable exercise placement.

Pull: Remove deads or keep them, they are a "pull" but mostly hit the lower body/core which you'll be doing on leg day. You also have way to many lat dominated lifts. Chins and Pull ups are practically the same so remove one. Also remove lat pull downs - just like pull ups, but less effective. Idk where the push ups fit into this.

Leg: Front squats are fine, but realize that the position of the bar makes it more difficult to squat heavier weight - it will improve core strength but at the cost of slower progress on with the rest of your lower body... but again its still fine. I personally would also throw deads here too - some will disagree as it'll be hard, but for decades powerlifters have been training both on the same day without issue. Step ups, forward lunges, backward lunges... just pick one. Leg ext and curls are fine but I'd drop the hamstring fall outs - you'll be doing deads and leg curls.

Push: Flat bench or incline - pick one. Military press is good. Tricep extensions or skill crushers, pick one. Push ups are fine but I wouldn't set a specific number of reps or sets... see how you feel and don't kill yourself. Unless your trying to get good at them, I'd leave them out.

So...

Pull: W.Pull Ups, Rows, curls, delt raise
    Leg: Squat, Deadlift, Lunges (just one type OR step up), Ex, Curl
    Push: Bench, MP, Skull (or extensions), Push Ups

If you have to many lifts, all will suffer. Select a few and master them.