annoying vegan bitchface aintevenmad's Avatar
    aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Some keto recipes! (schnitzel, brownies, pizza!)

PIZZA!
    For the crust, you will need:

cauliflower rice- instructions below (1 cup per pizza)

Pizza mix shredded cheese (usually a mix of mozarella, cheddar & parmesan. I’ve used just mozarella but this is nicer) (1 cup/pizza)

egg (1 per pizza)

garlic butter (2 tablespoons)

oregano flakes

parchment/baking paper

pizza pan

For the actual pizza:

pizza cheese

pizza sauce

toppings of your choice =]

Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 230 celcius/450 F.

For cauli-rice

2. “Rice” the cauliflower. Do this by using a processor or a fine grater. This will break cauliflower into little rice/couscous “grains”.

3. Microwave it for 2 minutes on high (based on a 1100 watt microwave)

4. Strain it with your hands. Do this by gathering balls of cauliflower-rice, pressing between your palms and letting liquid run through your fingers. You do not want any liquid so take your time with this!

Making the base now

5. Mix the dry-cauli-rice with the egg and cup of cheese, and 1 table spoon melted or softened garlic butter (I just used softened).

6. Pat it down onto the pizza pan (lined with paper). You want it flat.. about 1cm. This mixture should make a 22.5cm/9 inch pizza.

7. Rub the remaining garlic butter on top of the crust, and sprinkle oregano flakes.

8. Bake in the oven for ~12 minutes. You want the crust to start getting golden on top.
    9. Cool completely before adding toppings!

Your base will come out like this (hopefully!)

Pizza time!

Top with sauce, cheese and toppings! I love Pizza Plus cheese by Perfect Italiano, and the Leggo’s pizza sauce. (aussie brands.. sorry if I'm confusin anyone!)

I got the cauliflower crust recipe from http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/ . However, after ending up with soggy or just untasty bases the first few times, I varied it. She cooks hers for a LOT longer but I really think it’s unecessary. All it does is make cauliflower “fluff” instead of rice. But credit given where credit is due, it’s not like I would have thought of it myself!

The pizza crust alone works out to be the following macros:

200/1 cup(note: Aussie measuring cups are a little bigger than US!) cauliflower rice= 50 calories, 0.4 g fat, 4g carbs, 4.4 g protein

1 large egg: 47 calories, 3.8 g fat, 0.1 g carbs, 5.7 g protein

60g/1 cup Pizza Plus cheese: 205 calories, 15.3 g fat, 0.3 g carbs, 16.9 g protein

garlic butter (optional): 131 calories, 14.5 g fat, 0.3 g carbs, 0.2 g protein

oregano: 15 calories, 0.3 grams fat, 2.7 g carbs (this is an overestimation since it is the macros for 1 teaspoon of oregano. you will be using less)

TOTAL: 448 calories, 34.3 grams of fat, 7.4 g carbs, 27.2 g protein

In comparison to a normal pizza base: 461 calories, 12.5 g fat, 70.9 g carbs, 13.9 g protein

I realise that a normal pizza base is larger BUT, consider:

* With the protein and fat content, you get 1.5-2 servings out of this one. I have a huge appetite and can’t finish this one, whereas a whole Pizza Hut pizza is fine for me.

* You’re getting more protein, and if you’re on keto and finding it hard to meet your fat numbers, that should be considered, too. As the protein is an animal protein, it is a complete protein unlike wheat gluten, which if you know anything about nutrition, you’ll know is a half protein and needs to be supplemented to meet all 15 amino acids
    * 200g riced cauliflower is a lot of raw cauliflower. There’s all the veg you need in a day. It’s also 40% of your daily fibre intake.
    * You know exactly what goes in this pizza, and for people who don’t like preservatives etc that’s really important.

I haven’t made a low fat version of this, but have a go if you’re really worried about calories.

Happy eating x

aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aintevenmad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LOW-CARB BROWNIES

Ingredients

1. 1 cup of almond meal
    2. 250g unsalted butter, melted in the microwave
    3. 2/3 cup of cocoa- the lowest carb one you can find. In Aussie, this is Home Brand Cocoa from Woolies.
    4. 80 splenda tablets, crushed. Use the back of a teaspoon to crush them.
    5. another 1/2 cup of granular splenda (only if you dont like the taste of superdark chocolate)
    6. 1 teaspoon of baking powder
    7. 4 eggs
    8. vanilla essence
    9. 100g Lindt 85% dark chocolate, chopped
    10. optional: chopped nuts of your choice (I used macadamias)
    11. brownie tin lined with parchment paper.

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 180*C/ 350*F
    2. Sift the dry ingredients (almond meal, baking powder, cocoa)together. There will be lumps if you’re using normal almond meal (which is made with unpeeled almonds)
    3. Mix the liquid ingredients (eggs, butter, vanilla) with the crushed splenda tablets. Don’t mix too much. (they’ll go stiff)
    4. Mix the dry & wet ingredients together. Put in the chopped nuts if you’re using them. You could always put sugar free lollies etc if you want. Again, don’t mix them too much
    5. Pour into the lined brownie tin. Put the chopped chocolate on top, and the granula splenda. (this will take the edge off the chocolate. I’m still getting used to how bitter it is.. bare with me!)
    6. Bake for about 33 minutes, depending on how firm or gooey you like your brownies.

Voila!

Just a note, when you take the brownie tin out of the oven.. you’ll see that there’s like.. oils bubbling. Don’t panic. I blotted this with a paper towel but you really don’t need to as the brownie will absorb it (it’ll keep the brownie moist).

This made 24 brownies, 1x2 inches each.

Now, for the macros…

butter- 1855 calories, 208 fat, 1.8 carbs, 1.5 protein

1 cup/60ish grams of almond meal- 383 calories, 35 fat, 3.1 carbs, 12.5 protein

2/3cup or 60g cocoa- 219 calories, 13 g fat, 6.84 carbs, 11.28 protein

80 splenda tablets- 25 calories, 5.7 grams carbs

Granula splenda- 110 calories, 26 carbs

Lindt chocolate- 529 calories, 46 fat, 19 carbs, 11 protein

vanilla- 7 calories, 2 carbs

4 eggs- 229 calories, 15.1 fat, 0.5 carbs, 23 protein

For the whole brownie mix:

Total: 3357 calories, 317 g fat, 65 g carbs, 60g protein

For each 2x1 piece:

Total: 140 calories, 13 g fat, 2.7 g carbs, 2.5 g protein

Compared to a 42g normal brownie

193 calories, 10g fat, 23.2 g carbs, 1 g protein

The above macros are for no-nut brownies. Add the macros of nuts/sugar free candy if you decide to add them.

Happy eating xx

Chicken Schnitzel!
    no pics this time =[ sowwie

This has next to zero net-carbs (depending on the seasoning you use). Epic win? I think so. They are filling and full of fibre.. SO DRINK A LOT OF WATER. I will not be blamed for constipation. kthx

Ingredients

1. 2 breast fillets
    2. psyllium husks.. about 3/4 a cup
    3. cayenne pepper
    4. finely chopped parsely
    5. Chicken salt/chicken stock powder/Mrs Dash of your choice
    6. 2 eggs, beaten
    7. 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan or Romano (I like Romano better).
    8. salt
    9. lemon juice(optional)
    10. olive oil to cook in

Directions

1. Slice the fillets thinly.
    2. Beat with a meat-mallet. To avoid chicken flying into your eye, cover it in cling wrap then beat it.
    3. Mix up all the seasonings, salt etc with the psyllium and cheese. This will be your “breadcrumb” mixture.
    4. Dip the chicken in beaten eggs, then in the “breadcrumb” mix. Put aside.
    5. Squeeze lemon juice on top of crumbed chicken pieces. (optional. I like lemon with chicken. You could also add citric acid to the breadcrumb mix instead. Use sparingly.)
    6. Heat oil in a pan. You want a lot of oil in there, and for it to be really hot. If it’s hot enough the chicken won’t absorb the oil= win.
    7. Cook chicken on both sides for 3-4 minutes. You want it a darker colour rather than lighter.

Pepper mayo dressing/dip/sauce (optional)

1. Mayonnaise, black pepper, mrs dash. Mix.

Now, for the macros (not counting seasonings because I think it’s a bit silly to. Just watch the high-carb stuff):

Chicken- 519 calories, 5.9 g fat, 109g protein

Psyllium- is all fibre so I can’t find an accurate measure for calories (websites all disagree with each other) but for arguments sake let’s say 200 calories

Cheese- 225 calories, 16.7 g fat, 18.8g protein

Total: 944 calories, 23.7 g fat, 129 g protein

Because this is a schnitzel and ends up being so many pieces (I counted like.. 15), it’ll easily feed 4 people. So total macro count ends up being about 260 (factoring spices, parsely and oil) per serve.

1/4 of above recipe:

260 cal, 7.5 g fat, 32.3 g protein, ~3 netcarbs from seasoning

Happy eating xx

kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50) kentuckync will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no pic for the last one? :s
    thank you a lot for sharing this

edit : repped ofc

Originally Posted by kentuckync View Post
    no pic for the last one? :s
    thank you a lot for sharing this

edit : repped ofc
    Haha sadly no as they are all gone! I'll make them again this weekend and post a pic up though ^_^ and you're very welcome