TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMenaceDenis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What does everyone think of Juiced Vegetables?

I'd love to know what everyone thinks about using a juicer to get some extra veggies in your system, or is it better to have tons as food? Is it beneficial as a breakfast drink to start up your metabolism? Also, is the "Green" Drink really the equivalent? Would love to know your opinions
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"

FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FitFighter94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheMenaceDenis View Post
    I'd love to know what everyone thinks about using a juicer to get some extra veggies in your system, or is it better to have tons as food? Is it beneficial as a breakfast drink to start up your metabolism? Also, is the "Green" Drink really the equivalent? Would love to know your opinions
    IMHO juicing is great since it allows for better absorption and is a lot easier than just eating a ton of raw veggies (since some veggies lose some of their nutritional value when they're cooked). Funny I was just talking to the lady at my local health foods store about this the other day , anyway, I don't know much about this "green" drink but I doubt that you could go wrong juicing your own veggies.

Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Me, I'd rather eat my veggies, but then I like veggies.

It's pretty easy to drink the equivalent juice of a bowl of veggies without it really touching the sides. A big bowl of veggies on the other had actually fills me up and makes me feel like I've had something substantial (not to mention the fibre that I'm getting too).

I guess that to some extent it depends on your goals. If you're bulking or if you find it hard to eat enough veggies then maybe juicing is the answer, but if you're cutting (or if you just like food) what better way to feel full for relatively few calories than to EAT the veggies.

Just my opinion

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to juice and make green drinks a lot - especially when I was doing some endurance training - and I really liked it. I'd juice numerous greens (kale, cucumber, spinach, mint, celery) and mix in an apple and lemon juice and then add some Vega. Got quite the boost from that.

Downsides are like with any liquid, the calories can add up pretty quick, you lose some fibre and it doesn't have the satiety factor you get with eating veggies.

Saying that, I've been wanting to grow some wheatgrass and I think the only way you can eat that is to juice it so I really must dig my juicer out again...
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i prefer green smoothies and I love them, have 1-2 every day. Really convenient and refreshing esp in the morning.
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Id much rather have solid food....liquids do nothin to satiate me
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Enneagram1 View Post
    Me, I'd rather eat my veggies, but then I like veggies.

It's pretty easy to drink the equivalent juice of a bowl of veggies without it really touching the sides. A big bowl of veggies on the other had actually fills me up and makes me feel like I've had something substantial (not to mention the fibre that I'm getting too).

I guess that to some extent it depends on your goals. If you're bulking or if you find it hard to eat enough veggies then maybe juicing is the answer, but if you're cutting (or if you just like food) what better way to feel full for relatively few calories than to EAT the veggies.

Just my opinion
    This. ^ I would keep them whole.

Unless you need a way to 'hide' your vegetables - the real deal is better for you - not only in terms of satiation, but simply in the fact that juicing strips half of the good stuff you are getting from veggies (fibre specifically)...