TricksterJoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Motivated to start lifting, don't know where to start.

Hi, i am 19 years old and in college, i am fairly skinny and decided it's time for a change.

I am an-ex smoker, and quit just yesterday (yay me!) so my first question will be, should i wait like a month or two before starting to exercise? as the effects of smoking will probably hinder my results?.

Now the problem is not that i don't have enough information about bulking, diet, etc.. the real problem is that there is too much information and i can not pin point what will work for me.
    When it comes to workout programs, there's a ton! such as Fierce 5, AllPro's, strong lifts and the list goes on and on, which one is the best in terms of progress, effectiveness and overall success? my goals is to build mass and have a somewhat aesthetic looking body (i know its not really specific...).

I would also like to get some tips for a diet, as i am a college student, and the thing i call a kitchen is a 2 part stove-top, so my options of cooking are not that great.

Other than that, i can keep a fairly stable schedule alongside college, i have a gym literally 1 minute away from me so i am not trying to make any petty excuses, its just that i am overwhelmed with information.

Extra information about me:
    Height - 180 cm (5.9')
    Weight - 65 kg (143.3 lb)

Thanks for anyone who takes their time answering this thread!

jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeffsmarker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Try Candito Linear Program, worked for me.

StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) StarksTwins will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't overcomplicate ****. Find a program you think you'll like, eat a lot to get big, eat less to get shredded.

Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bucky6664 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Make sure you're getting sufficient protein along with calories and workout to a high intensity, and you'll see results. Based on your weight, I'd say make sure your getting at least 140g of protein a day, over the course of a few Meals. Watch vids on YouTube for workout tips. For food you can cook chicken, mince meat steak, alongside milk, etc also protein powder will help you get your protein in when it isn't available.