gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gwilacuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deadlift bar height

i know that the standard height for deadlifting is the height with the 45 lb plates on the bar. if i'm using 25 or 35 lb plates for my deadlifts will this be to low and cause me to injure myself or is it ok? all comments appreciated

Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jorcrobe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Personally, I don't even do a full dead lift. I incorporate dead lifting with my back day, so I raise the bar just below my knees and do some heavy weight. with the amount of weight you are speaking of, I believe you should be fine; although, I suppose it depends greatly on the person. If you are very worried, try using a smith machine to raise the weight; I can't stand them, but maybe you will find them comfortable.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can use other plates or aerobic steps to add height to the bar. Short of a flexibility issue there is no issue doing it with just those smaller plates other than it increases ROM making it more of a deficit dead.
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.

kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10) kenwa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a tendancy to let the weight bounce on deads, which I try to avoid. If I get into that habit, I'll do the next few workouts with 35's instead of 45's and stop an inch short of the ground.

Probably only mental, but it helps me tighten my form.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jorcrobe View Post
    Personally, I don't even do a full dead lift. I incorporate dead lifting with my back day, so I raise the bar just below my knees and do some heavy weight. with the amount of weight you are speaking of, I believe you should be fine; although, I suppose it depends greatly on the person. If you are very worried, try using a smith machine to raise the weight; I can't stand them, but maybe you will find them comfortable.
    That is a rack pull.
    Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post
    You can use other plates or aerobic steps to add height to the bar. Short of a flexibility issue there is no issue doing it with just those smaller plates other than it increases ROM making it more of a deficit dead.
    ^ This op.
    Originally Posted by kenwa View Post
    I have a tendancy to let the weight bounce on deads, which I try to avoid. If I get into that habit, I'll do the next few workouts with 35's instead of 45's and stop an inch short of the ground.

Probably only mental, but it helps me tighten my form.
    Why don't you dead the weight and lift it after a pause?
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493