giving my body a reason DominationStation's Avatar
    DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Anyone whose run Intermittent Fasting (LeanGains) experience bad breath?

This is the 4th day I've been running it, and though I feel like my stomach has adjusted well, I've had an absolutely terrible feeling in my mouth...like that groggy feeling that you get when you first wake up in the morning before you brush your teeth (particularly if you fell asleep without brushing the night before). It goes away for a moment when I brush my teeth or eat, but it is back very shortly after.

Anyone know anything about this or have any experience in the field? Because while I'm starting to get really on board with this whole IF-concept, it's not worth this terrible breath/groggy feeling all day, every day. I brushed my teeth 6 times yesterday (no exaggeration...and I was at school half the day), and it still felt like crap.

EDIT: I posted this in another forum, and someone suggested ketosis, but is this possible if I've still been taking in 150-200 g carbs daily (25-35% of my daily total cals)? I wouldn't think so, even if it is much less than before, though I have increased my time in the gym a lot lately (1 more day of lifting per week for a total of 4, plus 1-2 days conditioning)...

If so, how long would it last?
    Last edited by DominationStation; 01-05-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    Today I'll do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DominationStation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump

Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DominationStation View Post
    This is the 4th day I've been running it, and though I feel like my stomach has adjusted well, I've had an absolutely terrible feeling in my mouth...like that groggy feeling that you get when you first wake up in the morning before you brush your teeth (particularly if you fell asleep without brushing the night before)
    I just started IF as well but do not have this issue. Dehydration?
    Control group crew membership revoked 7/5/2022 1:50pm PST not proud.

Inb4 honorable FDA/CDC/NIH/WHO representatives

J.L.C,
    NextPound,
    mgftp,
    SillieBazzillie.

schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) schismatik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'd say ketosis too. i've done IF and even on my weight training days which was high carb (for me at least on a cut) 100-140g and i'd enter ketosis by the 13th-14th hour mark. And if i didn't train for the following days, i'd keep carbs low/moderate (30-60) and notice the feeling/taste in my mouth when fasting. I don't mind ketosis as i was cutting, but you might want to up the carbs. Especially fruit since it fill liver glycogen which will halt you from entering ketosis i believe.

Originally Posted by Joseph1990 View Post
    I just started IF as well but do not have this issue. Dehydration?
    I don't think my water intake is any different, but I've been drinking as much as possible tonight. We'll see tomorrow, I guess.

Originally Posted by schismatik View Post
    i'd say ketosis too. i've done IF and even on my weight training days which was high carb (for me at least on a cut) 100-140g and i'd enter ketosis by the 13th-14th hour mark. And if i didn't train for the following days, i'd keep carbs low/moderate (30-60) and notice the feeling/taste in my mouth when fasting. I don't mind ketosis as i was cutting, but you might want to up the carbs. Especially fruit since it fill liver glycogen which will halt you from entering ketosis i believe.
    I just went out and bought a ketosis test and took it, and there was no ketosis in my urine (however, I've been eating a bunch of carbs tonight to try and snap myself out of it, though my mouth still tastes the same). My 8 hour feeding window is from 3:30 PM to 11:30 PM, so I'm fasted until that point every day--I'll take a test when I get home from school tomorrow before I start eating. You'd think the taste would leave my mouth once I started eating and exited ketosis (if it was that), though.

Natty, Umad brah? Backtothestack's Avatar
    Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500)
    In general when you're burning fat, the acetone(s) are released in your saliva and urine, hence the bad breath.
    Colorblind. Reps are for the gym.

Originally Posted by Backtothestack View Post
    In general when you're burning fat, the acetone(s) are released in your saliva and urine, hence the bad breath.
    Hm I went on like a 15-20 lb earlier this year though and never had this occur. I don't think the breath is that bad, though, it's just like a metal taste in my mouth (not sure how I know what metal tastes like though, lol). Do people regularly get this while cutting?

If my body was in ketosis during the day (because I wouldn't eat anything from 11:30 or 12:00 the night before until 3:30 or 4:00 the next day), would the taste remain in my mouth at night when I began eating again? Because it's a very constant taste.

bump

almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No idea if that is what its from.

Ive been IF for about 4-5 months I believe. You are taking in enough carbs, so its doubtful you are going into ketosis. On my rest days I take in around 100g carbs, and even throughout the next day I do not notice any keto breath. If you were eating a lot less carbs, then I could see it why but 150-200g carbs is more than enough to keep you out of ketosis.

Are you on any meds, anti-bacterial drugs, etc?

Also, regardless, drink more water.
    Last edited by almightyares; 01-05-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Originally Posted by almightyares View Post
    No idea if that is what its from.

Ive been IF for about 4-5 months I believe. You are taking in enough carbs, so its doubtful you are going into ketosis. On my rest days I take in around 100g carbs, and even throughout the next day I do not notice any keto breath. If you were eating a lot less carbs, then I could see it why but 150-200g carbs is more than enough to keep you out of ketosis.

Are you on any meds, anti-bacterial drugs, etc?

Also, regardless, drink more water.
    Drinking a ton of water is the plan right now. I also found some threads where people recommended green veges, which I don't eat enough of (can anyone attest to this?).

No meds or anything. I did just start up creatine again on Monday night, but it started occurring during the day Monday, so I doubt that's a big factor. Daily supps are currently 5 g creatine, 500 mg magnesium, 30 mg zinc, 2 multivitamins, and 5000 units vitamin D (all are taken at night with my last meal, except for on workout days when the creatine is taken post-workout).

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weird, doesn't happen to me
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drinking a ton of water is the plan right now. I also found some threads where people recommended green veges, which I don't eat enough of (can anyone attest to this?).

No meds or anything. I did just start up creatine again on Monday night, but it started occurring during the day Monday, so I doubt that's a big factor. Daily supps are currently 5 g creatine, 500 mg magnesium, 30 mg zinc, 2 multivitamins, and 5000 units vitamin D (all are taken at night with my last meal, except for on workout days when the creatine is taken post-workout).

So this started right after you began IF?

Maybe bacteria in your mouth from no food? I mean, there are times when Im at school for hours upon hours that my mouth tastes rank from not eating anything, only gum and water.

Also make sure you are flossing and brushing frequently (as obvious as this is, I gotta post it).

Originally Posted by almightyares View Post
    So this started right after you began IF?

Maybe bacteria in your mouth from no food? I mean, there are times when Im at school for hours upon hours that my mouth tastes rank from not eating anything, only gum and water.

Also make sure you are flossing and brushing frequently (as obvious as this is, I gotta post it).
    Well I don't really floss tbh, but I always brush my teeth at least twice a day. Since this started, I've literally brushed my teeth roughly 20+ times in the last 3 days trying to get rid of the taste (and it doesn't work).

The bacteria would make sense, but I just don't know why it would still be present during my feeding hours...

docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well I don't really floss tbh, but I always brush my teeth at least twice a day. Since this started, I've literally brushed my teeth roughly 20+ times in the last 3 days trying to get rid of the taste (and it doesn't work).

The bacteria would make sense, but I just don't know why it would still be present during my feeding hours...
    You do describe yourself as Mr OCD. So ummm, maybe your obsessing a little over this? I am in my fourth day of IF and havent really noticed much change in my mouth, but there is a little difference. Chew gum, drink water, have some coffee at midday and in the morning (Black). Oh and if you dont floss i would highly recommend it. The first time you floss, that floss is gonna smell like something died on it. Trust me it will make you continue doing it. And if you have started brushing your teeth twenty times day this is not healthy, and if this is the result of you adhering to an IF routine i would cease following the program as behaviour like this can lead to physical and mental problems.

michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) michelangelo-d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is the 4th day I've been running it, and though I feel like my stomach has adjusted well, I've had an absolutely terrible feeling in my mouth...like that groggy feeling that you get when you first wake up in the morning before you brush your teeth (particularly if you fell asleep without brushing the night before). It goes away for a moment when I brush my teeth or eat, but it is back very shortly after.

Anyone know anything about this or have any experience in the field? Because while I'm starting to get really on board with this whole IF-concept, it's not worth this terrible breath/groggy feeling all day, every day. I brushed my teeth 6 times yesterday (no exaggeration...and I was at school half the day), and it still felt like crap.

EDIT: I posted this in another forum, and someone suggested ketosis, but is this possible if I've still been taking in 150-200 g carbs daily (25-35% of my daily total cals)? I wouldn't think so, even if it is much less than before, though I have increased my time in the gym a lot lately (1 more day of lifting per week for a total of 4, plus 1-2 days conditioning)...

If so, how long would it last?
    I've also noticed a weird taste in my mouth, and wasn't quite sure what it was

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DS,

Why IF? If you don't mind me asking.

In my experiences, if something you do gives you negative effects, you stop doing it. Your body is obviously speaking to you. Just something to consider.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've noticed this too lol. Have no idea what's wrong

Whoaaaaa old thread is old!

...but still semi-relevant.

Originally Posted by docchio View Post
    You do describe yourself as Mr OCD. So ummm, maybe your obsessing a little over this? I am in my fourth day of IF and havent really noticed much change in my mouth, but there is a little difference. Chew gum, drink water, have some coffee at midday and in the morning (Black). Oh and if you dont floss i would highly recommend it. The first time you floss, that floss is gonna smell like something died on it. Trust me it will make you continue doing it. And if you have started brushing your teeth twenty times day this is not healthy, and if this is the result of you adhering to an IF routine i would cease following the program as behaviour like this can lead to physical and mental problems.
    Only brush my teeth twice a day usually, sometimes three times. Don't drink coffee unfortunately, but I've been drinking some propel a lot of the time midday (zero cals FTW, lulz). It's just a groggy taste, and it's gotten slightly better, but it's still annoying sometimes.

Should really start flossing, good call.

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    DS,

Why IF? If you don't mind me asking.

In my experiences, if something you do gives you negative effects, you stop doing it. Your body is obviously speaking to you. Just something to consider.
    I have a huge appetite, and while cutting, it is difficult for me to hit my desired macros. Therefore, by eliminating 1/2 of the day from potential to be eating, it's a lot easier. Plus, while I do still get hungry during the day sometimes, overall, I think my stomach has adjusted well.

Plus, it works amazing with my schedule because 8:00 AM - 3:15 PM is school, so I just start eating when I get home and then continue doing so until almost midnight-ish. Plus then I'm not tempted by all the crap food at school, and it saves time because I don't have to spend time packing a lunch (and my school lunch starts at 10:30 AM anyway, which blows).

The thing is that IF was designed to be used from like 12-8 or 1-9, but this just fits perfectly for me.

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have to ask......

why do you call it a "run?" Are you only doing it for a set period of time? Do you plan on alternating it in the future with something else?

Maybe its just my lack of exposure, but up until recently, i have only heard that phrasing used when referring to steroids, hormones, things that need to be cycled, etc......

Just curious about your choice of wording.
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    I have to ask......

why do you call it a "run?" Are you only doing it for a set period of time? Do you plan on alternating it in the future with something else?

Maybe its just my lack of exposure, but up until recently, i have only heard that phrasing used when referring to steroids, hormones, things that need to be cycled, etc......

Just curious about your choice of wording.
    I guess it was a bad term to use.

pepperthepep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    *bump*

First day of IF and Im dealing with the same issue. Any further suggestions?

Registered User Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shadowknight137 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pepperthepep View Post
    *bump*

Are you remembering to brush your teeth in the morning, despite not eating a morning meal?

If not, do so.
    Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins....

RIP Calisthenics only1113 Leeuf's Avatar
    Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Leeuf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pepperthepep View Post
    *bump*

Be sure to clean your tongue, brush twice a day and floss once a day.

Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thepayne369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Plenty of water, and some sugar free gum

pepperthepep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
    Are you remembering to brush your teeth in the morning, despite not eating a morning meal?

If not, do so.
    Unfortunately the solution isnt that simple - just to brush your teeth. I brush my teeth every morning, thats normal.

@ Leeuf
    Thanks! Ill try to clean my tongue + floss.

However I believe that most of the "smell" is coming along with ketosis. In that case its not coming from the mouth.

@Theepayne369
    Yeah, thats plan B to take a gum however maybe its not the best idea to take one while being fasted since the body thinks it gets food.

leangains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leangains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leangains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leangains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leangains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leangains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leangains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leangains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on leangains, I have not experienced bad breath, well my misses has not said yet. I think my 80 grams of carbs on the low carb days stops the bad breath, but one thing i am very sure about is I am experiencing amazing results!!

I am concerned not enough people know about leangains, we need to spread the word

nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    chew gum

ive done IF twice with great results (my last two cuts) and I allow myself to drink 0 calorie drinks and chew gum in the fasted state. if you want to get technical, chewing a 5-10 calorie piece of gum will net NEGATIVE calories if you chew it for at least an hour - which can only be advantageous to a cut.
    Awards:
    - 2014 Forum Member of the Year
    (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/best-of-bodybuilding-writers-articles-videos-photos-more.html)

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆Forum Buddy★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
    Get notifications when someone quotes your post on the bodybuilding forums!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163352861
    ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illbleed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nilekyle View Post
    chew gum

ive done IF twice with great results (my last two cuts) and I allow myself to drink 0 calorie drinks and chew gum in the fasted state. if you want to get technical, chewing a 5-10 calorie piece of gum will net NEGATIVE calories if you chew it for at least an hour - which can only be advantageous to a cut.
    dude you're counting calories from the gum lol, thats funny

also trying to figure out a way to get rid of bad breath during the fasted state. gum seems to help, and drinking a lot of water.
    "But it is a feral world, and if one wishes to be at ease in it he must accommodate to it." - Jeff Cooper