JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

CKD + Kettlebell Routine?

I've been doing Pavel Tsatsouline's kettlebell routine for a week now and am thinking about going on a reduced-calorie CKD diet.

My question is: is a kettlebell routine too anaerobic for a CKD? I was doing the swings and was working at or very close to my Vo2 max.

I did Brazilian Jiu Jitsu while doing a CKD and found out the hard, miserable way that it cannot be done (you'd need a TKD).

So what do you think? CKD+Kettlebells OK or do I need a TKD?

Below I have attached the PDF workout book I am following.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JTA762 View Post
    My question is: is a kettlebell routine too anaerobic for a CKD?
    I find that heavy, intense anaerobic exercise is perfect for a CKD.

Just an example, I follow a popular powerlifting routine, not going above 5 reps and working up to 95% of 1 rep max monthly, and I have added weight to my OHPress, Deadlift, Bench and Squat for 3 straight months while dropping 45 pounds.

JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JTA762 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Awesome. Since I get so smoked during swings I wondered if it was too much. I rarely get smoked during traditional barbell lifting except for deadlifts and squats.

I'm glad to hear that it's good to go, I suspect I will get into ketosis a lot quicker than lifting barbells.

Old post, but wanted to revive it in case anyone else was interested:

For a while, I worked out exclusively with kettlebells while on a standard ketogentic diet (no carb-ups).

Did just fine. Workouts were:

53 pound kettlebell, 12 minutes of swings 35:60 work/rest sets. Heart rate would be around 160-170 BPM (26 year old male. Max heart rate: 194)
    Chin-ups 5 sets until failure
    Kettlebell shoulder press 4, 3, 2, 1 (per side)
    "L" dips (feet propped up)
    Turkish get up 6 per side

On an SKD I felt a kettlebell workout was much easier than a barbell routine, as I seemed to drop poundage every time I went to the gym.
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general - Mark Rippetoe

GOAL:

For my job working with the USFS in Montana I must: be able to carry felled trees, lift boulders, ruck 70# puncheon planks, haul tools over 10 miles along with personal gear, and beat down the camp-invading brown bear. Kidding!

But I do want to be able to run full speed while chasing a bear with a can of pepper spray, screaming obscenities with a hand-rolled cigarette in my mouth.