coppacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alternative cable pull-down?

Are there any free weight exercises similar to cable pull-downs? I've been getting into parkour lately and I have a hard time pulling myself up onto stuff. For example, I can run up a wall enough to grab the top of it but then I just hang there because I'm too weak to pull myself up. There are literally no gyms around me so I don't have access to a cable pull-down machine. I'd do pullups but as I said, I can't pull myself up so that isn't going to do me any good. Can anyone think of anything?

51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 51Cent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10) jimmybody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by coppacity View Post
    Are there any free weight exercises similar to cable pull-downs? I've been getting into parkour lately and I have a hard time pulling myself up onto stuff. For example, I can run up a wall enough to grab the top of it but then I just hang there because I'm too weak to pull myself up. There are literally no gyms around me so I don't have access to a cable pull-down machine. I'd do pullups but as I said, I can't pull myself up so that isn't going to do me any good. Can anyone think of anything?
    if u cant do a pull up then cheat first. Do negatives.
    quitters will always quit and be a failure in life

Never give up and reach your goals no matter what and be successful in life. Ask yourself why am i here? Why am i doing this?

Truth sometimes hurt
    Truth sometimes makes you feel good
    one way or another each comment is your motive to go even further

Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jimmybody View Post
    if u cant do a pull up then cheat first. Do negatives.
    negatives in parkour = fall to death?

Originally Posted by 51Cent View Post
    Thanks a lot
    Do you know anything that will help me push myself up too? That's also cable related :S

Originally Posted by Mr.NoPrint View Post
    negatives in parkour = fall to death?
    Not for during parkour :P, this is training FOR parkour. I'd do negatives on a pull-up bar.