Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

coppacity is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Alternative cable pull-down?

Are there any free weight exercises similar to cable pull-downs? I've been getting into parkour lately and I have a hard time pulling myself up onto stuff. For example, I can run up a wall enough to grab the top of it but then I just hang there because I'm too weak to pull myself up. There are literally no gyms around me so I don't have access to a cable pull-down machine. I'd do pullups but as I said, I can't pull myself up so that isn't going to do me any good. Can anyone think of anything?

51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 51Cent is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit 51Cent's BodySpace

Stats: 5'8", 176 lbs
    jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jimmybody has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit jimmybody's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by coppacity View Post
    Are there any free weight exercises similar to cable pull-downs? I've been getting into parkour lately and I have a hard time pulling myself up onto stuff. For example, I can run up a wall enough to grab the top of it but then I just hang there because I'm too weak to pull myself up. There are literally no gyms around me so I don't have access to a cable pull-down machine. I'd do pullups but as I said, I can't pull myself up so that isn't going to do me any good. Can anyone think of anything?
    if u cant do a pull up then cheat first. Do negatives.
    quitters will always quit and be a failure in life

Never give up and reach your goals no matter what and be successful in life. Ask yourself why am i here? Why am i doing this?

Truth sometimes hurt
    Truth sometimes makes you feel good
    one way or another each comment is your motive to go even further

Stats: 6'0", 193 lbs
    Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Mr.NoPrint has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Mr.NoPrint's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by jimmybody View Post
    if u cant do a pull up then cheat first. Do negatives.
    negatives in parkour = fall to death?

Originally Posted by 51Cent View Post
    Thanks a lot
    Do you know anything that will help me push myself up too? That's also cable related :S

Originally Posted by Mr.NoPrint View Post
    negatives in parkour = fall to death?
    Not for during parkour :P, this is training FOR parkour. I'd do negatives on a pull-up bar.