Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kris Gethin DTP workout program , Building Mass

I've been reading up on Kris Gethins workout program called DTP and wanted to get some feedback from anyone whose tried it/ think it makes sense that it would work to gain some serious mass.

"It combines a lot of volume and a high/low rep principle to activate both fast and slow twitch fibers...."has enabled everyone who has tried it to burn fat and build muscle"

example day:

Arms

* DTP Barbell Curl Superset with Lying Tricep Extension: 1×50, 1×40, 1×30, 1×20, 1×10, 1×5, 1×5, 1×10, 1×20, 1×30, 1×40, 1×50

He sells customized 12 week versions of the program on his website for $150.

krisgethin dot com / program.html

I'm basically trying to gain as much mass as possible in the next 3 months, but the added bonus of losing fat at the same time sounds to good!

So, the question remains, DTP for Mass?? Will it maximize results!?
    Last edited by qpbeats; 01-02-2011 at 07:35 PM.

qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qpbeats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anybody

Originally Posted by qpbeats View Post
    I've been reading up on Kris Gethins workout program called DTP and wanted to get some feedback from anyone whose tried it/ think it makes sense that it would work to gain some serious mass.

"It combines a lot of volume and a high/low rep principle to activate both fast and slow twitch fibers...."has enabled everyone who has tried it to burn fat and build muscle"

example day:

Arms

* DTP Barbell Curl Superset with Lying Tricep Extension: 1×50, 1×40, 1×30, 1×20, 1×10, 1×5, 1×5, 1×10, 1×20, 1×30, 1×40, 1×50

I'm basically trying to gain as much mass as possible in the next 3 months, but the added bonus of losing fat at the same time sounds to good!

Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advitam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Read his book he just put out - I've followed a lot of parts and pieces to the "method to his madness" all my results are great. Just know you have to be COMMITED, don't make exception's here and there - JUST DO WHAT HE SAYS. Period.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Idiotic. By the time you get to the money sets of 5 you will be fatigued, thus the weight on the bar when you will see the most benefit will be severely limited.
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.

jjakob666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile DTP/HIT really does work. just don't do it exclusively

I started working out nine months ago after a 20 year layoff (since my high school days). DTP/HIT is an integral part of my routine. Never do DTP too long in a row or you'll end up over training. I cycle, one week DTP, one week bodybuilding (medium weight, higher rep) and one week heavy (heavy weight, low reps) and the transformation has been stunning. 9 months in I have lost over 60 lbs of fat and gained about 10-15lbs of muscle. I look cut and I'm strong as an ox. On my heavy days I'm pushing 1100 lbs on the leg press, benching 300lbs, and curling 140lbs on the olympic bar. My DTP week is killer and since major cardio is incorporated in the routine I do NO extra cardio during that week. I add in interval cardio on the body building and heavy weeks except for leg days. I work out Mon (biceps/triceps), Wed (legs/shoulders) and Fri (Chest/back), abs I do a couple times a week always after my workouts. Check out Chris Gethin's DTP (Dramatic Transformation Principle) used in his 12 week trainer series. I superset the exercise for that day. For instance on leg/shoulder day. it's leg presses, then military presses all the way up the pyramid then down, with no rest between.

I love my DTP/HIT week. For the rest of the day I feel a sense of euphoria as the HGH is released from the intense back to back with no rest exercises. I look forward to bodybuilding week so I can make the mind muscle connection and really contract the medium weights for a great pump and I look forward to heavy week to really get the adrenaline going and push the max weights to impress the peeps in the gym. Mixing it up like this always makes it interesting and my body looks forward to the next cycle.

Good luck!

jjakob666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All you need is to watch the entire 85 episodes of his 12-week weekly trainer (free from bodybuilding.com) and read his book body by design which you can buy from amazon for under 10 dollars, and watch a couple of his DTP youtube videos. You can do the rest. Just make sure you give it all in your workouts until the muscles burn baby!

Registered User Good Eye Sniper's Avatar
    Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000) Good Eye Sniper is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can use DTP for around 3 weeks in a row (similar to the gethin trainer) OR, You can use it 2x per week and gear these workouts on your most stubborn bodyparts.

PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PinkNgreen is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Personally I will never follow any workout designed by that guy. My friend is on the 12 week hardcore trainer, and came to visit me and brought about $300 worth of supplements with him. He showed me
    The video where gethin tells you to go buy all this crap. Never will I even consider taking that guy seriously.

ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50) ravenhall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PinkNgreen View Post
    Personally I will never follow any workout designed by that guy. My friend is on the 12 week hardcore trainer, and came to visit me and brought about $300 worth of supplements with him. He showed me
    The video where gethin tells you to go buy all this crap. Never will I even consider taking that guy seriously.
    If you buy generics it shouldn't cost near that much. Also, the green tea, yohimbe, carnitine are there AFAIK to accelerate fat loss. If you are strapped for cash do the basics. Protein, preworkout, follow the diet. The diet + workout program works.

iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iWantToGrow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wouldn't spend any money on a costumized workout but if You really want to there are many more better athletes that can make a costumized workout for You for less $.
    An example is Antoine Vaillant, he's soon getting pro card but I'm pretty sure he knows how to make a really good workout for a natural bodybuilder too

Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ng4244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Good Eye Sniper View Post
    You can use DTP for around 3 weeks in a row (similar to the gethin trainer) OR, You can use it 2x per week and gear these workouts on your most stubborn bodyparts.
    If you've gone through his 12 week program then at the end he says to incorporate once a week. I don't see any problem in doing the 2 methods good eye sniper has said, just repeating mr. Gethins words. I love this style of training high reps and supersets, I think it delivers on both burning fat and building muscle

Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50) Floider will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    example day:

Arms

If that is an example then I would ignore everything he says.

JHodson1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post
    Idiotic. By the time you get to the money sets of 5 you will be fatigued, thus the weight on the bar when you will see the most benefit will be severely limited.
    Ive been doing this workout for a few weeks now and its not like that at all. I have had no problems going as heavy as possible for 5. You have to realize you are starting with a lower weight and trying to fatigue 5-10 reps before your end number. Every set you go heavier and heavier so the feeling is completely different. For example for chest day you do incline dumbbell press 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 5 super set with dumbbell rows. So for 50 on dumbbell i started with 60 and went higher each set. When i got to my first set of 5 i have 110's which would normally feel heavier but since your used to doing high reps cranking our 5 is nothing. The 2nd set of 5 I did 125's. Point being even though your muscles are tired from the high reps that does not kill your power

akirakondo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JHodson1 View Post
    Ive been doing this workout for a few weeks now and its not like that at all. I have had no problems going as heavy as possible for 5. You have to realize you are starting with a lower weight and trying to fatigue 5-10 reps before your end number. Every set you go heavier and heavier so the feeling is completely different. For example for chest day you do incline dumbbell press 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 5 super set with dumbbell rows. So for 50 on dumbbell i started with 60 and went higher each set. When i got to my first set of 5 i have 110's which would normally feel heavier but since your used to doing high reps cranking our 5 is nothing. The 2nd set of 5 I did 125's. Point being even though your muscles are tired from the high reps that does not kill your power
    Amen to that! I just finished 2nd week. Even with all those high reps, when I get to the low rep sets, I can actually lift my previous MAX and I was even stronger the 2nd week around! Like Kris said, "it's for people not afraid to go against the grain on what they all think is right." I've never trained harder and the ladies at work keep reminding me how buff I'm getting.
    P.S. the money spending part?.. Go study business u meat heads. =p

Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaze182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JHodson1 View Post
    Very true, I actually find I can push myself to heavier weight because everything is warmed up and relaxed.

I've run this program for 6 weeks (3 weeks without supps, and 3 weeks with supps + proper diet) and its been great overall for helping me strengthen weakened areas, I do miss squats which is why after this week I'm going to move to my own variant of the program but it is a good program, especially for breaking through any plateau you're at (which was my case).

BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100) BigTLoves is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by PinkNgreen View Post
    wait so your friend is a moron who buys $300 in supplements and Kris Gethin is to blame... makes sense i guess. You realize he has a business that makes money on selling supplements, if your friend knew anything about lifting he would realize that you don't absolutely need all the crap listed. that would be like me getting pissed at an OPTIONAL $500 ad-on on a car and blaming Toyota for it, NO I AM THE ONE WHO GOT THE OPTIONAL AD-ON INSTALLED how is Toyota to blame for my spending?

51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's a good concept and I loved having to do it at the end of the 12-week trainer. That said, I think it was too intense going straight into the trainer right afterwards because I ended up overtraining and flaring up my weak points. But all in all, I love DTP. You're probably underestimating your potential limits until you do this!

Also, to add about the supplements: You can do the entire thing without supplements. People have achieved great results without them. Just keep your nutrition on track and you'll be good. As always, supplements are only there to help and catalyze your results, they are not essential. So whoever ends up buying the entire stack is going overboard. I'd rather spend that money on proper food.

onebadkris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dtp

Hi well I tried dtp for a few weeks know n to tell u the truth I feal the burn on every work out n see me gaining strength lots more n a bit more definition I try to eat healthy but is hard for me I'm a truck driver but it works as far as my part u just got to stick to it qpbeats;604075103]I've been reading up on Kris Gethins workout program called DTP and wanted to get some feedback from anyone whose tried it/ think it makes sense that it would work to gain some serious mass.

example day:

Arms

So, the question remains, DTP for Mass?? Will it maximize results!?[/QUOTE]

chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really enjoyed this plan! It was a great change from my usual routines! Would recommend for anyone! Doesn't matter what your goals are it is dffiently a great way to switch up your routines!

chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuckie57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by onebadkris View Post
    Hi well I tried dtp for a few weeks know n to tell u the truth I feal the burn on every work out n see me gaining strength lots more n a bit more definition I try to eat healthy but is hard for me I'm a truck driver but it works as far as my part u just got to stick to it qpbeats;604075103]I've been reading up on Kris Gethins workout program called DTP and wanted to get some feedback from anyone whose tried it/ think it makes sense that it would work to gain some serious mass.

example day:

Arms

[/QUOTE]

Of course it's lean mass and it just takes longer to notice a physical change... What I am about to do is put this as a cycle... I'll do a DTP style routine every 3-4 weeks. This will help with muscle confusion, so I'm not doing the same thing over and over and be a good mix up! Most of the time people think high reps are just for cutting or for toning.... I personally believe that it takes a mixture of both High and low reps.

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chuckie57 View Post
    I really enjoyed this plan! It was a great change from my usual routines! Would recommend for anyone! Doesn't matter what your goals are it is dffiently a great way to switch up your routines!
    Yes, it does matter what your goals are. And this routine is not ideal for a helluvalot of people. You don't need to 'switch up your routines'. Next you'll be telling us we need to 'confuse' our muscles.

Well, my muscles don't have a degree, but they must be street smart and have a lot of common sense. It's the only reason I can think of that I've never been able to confuse them. However, I have taught them a lesson by making them lift more weight than they wanted, for more reps than they wanted, for more sets than they wanted. They get pissed when I do that and decide they need to grow, just in case I pull that **** again.

Stop buying into the crap Tony Horton has foisted on general public.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by qpbeats View Post

It's just another gimmick 'program' thrown together by some hack as a vehicle to sell unnecessary and mostly useless supplements to gullible noobs on this site.

Look elsewhere, such as the beginner or intermediate programs in the stickies at the top of this forum.

As far as nutrition advice goes, everything needed can be found in the stickies in that forum.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chuckie57 View Post

Of course it's lean mass and it just takes longer to notice a physical change... What I am about to do is put this as a cycle... I'll do a DTP style routine every 3-4 weeks. This will help with muscle confusion, so I'm not doing the same thing over and over and be a good mix up! Most of the time people think high reps are just for cutting or for toning.... I personally believe that it takes a mixture of both High and low reps.
    First, Revolution
    Then, Resolution
    Finally, Evolution

SQ [450x1] BP [285x1] DL [500x1] all @ 230 Raw, Drug Free

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by CamLeslie View Post
    LMAO

asdf
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Bobbyoak609 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kris gethins DTP

DTP is a really great workout I got bigger in all body body parts but specifically in my thighs and arms my triceps got thickness to it now more then before my bis get the pump really good too my thigh went up a little bit more (2 inches) from 26 to 28 excluding when I'm pumped up they reach about 28 and a half I think that's pretty good for a 16 year old though honestly

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im curious why people say his routine is bunk. Specifically the 4 week "DTP Mass" program. Im starting my 2nd week now. I do enjoy it, but its not something I would want to use year around. Throwing it in twice a year or so seems logical to me, however.

Those that say its a junk routine, are you saying it won't achieve the goals Kris claims it will?

(Completely agree his supplement suggestions are stupid, but I'm not concerned with that.)

Originally Posted by Blacklac View Post
    Im curious why people say his routine is bunk. Specifically the 4 week "DTP Mass" program. Im starting my 2nd week now. I do enjoy it, but its not something I would want to use year around. Throwing it in twice a year or so seems logical to me, however.

Those that say its a junk routine, are you saying it won't achieve the goals Kris claims it will?

(Completely agree his supplement suggestions are stupid, but I'm not concerned with that.)

Take a quick look through the 'journals' section of this forum, and look and see how many of the experienced guys with good-looking avis (and who have long-running journals) are using rep schemes like what gethin recommends (sets of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 reps).

The fact of the matter is that the majority train basically the same way because that's what works for the majority. If doing 50-rep sets were ideal for bodybuilding, then that's what people would already be doing. It isn't, so they aren't.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000) Jfern689 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I actually do some DTP and this sh*t works. I just wish people at the gym stopped looking at me like I'm crazy while I'm doing supersets.

Originally Posted by Jfern689 View Post
    I actually do some DTP and this sh*t works. I just wish people at the gym stopped looking at me like I'm crazy while I'm doing supersets.
    When you're a noob, anything works, no matter how off the wall it might be.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "50 reps for the first set might seem like a lot, but stick to it. It'll serve to act as your warm-up set, and it will take you to absolute failure. This high amount of reps promotes the flow of synovial fluid to your joints, opens up neuromuscular pathways, gets more blood to your muscles, and activates nerve endings to get those motor-neurons firing for proper muscle-fiber contraction."

"Through these DTP workouts, specifically starting with the higher rep range and the shorter rest periods, you'll be able to hit the Type I muscle fibers. Then, as the weight gets a little heavier, you'll get to the Type IIA muscle fibers and then finish off with the Type IIB fibers.

You may have heard that high reps won't build muscle. This is not the case. You'll definitely build muscle, but more importantly, you'll build muscle density. Your muscles will fill, and the lines on your body will change. With this trainer, you'll get 4 full workouts with me, nutrition and shopping guides, rest/cardio day directions and other hints and tips as you progress."

I was specifically talking about stuff like that, which he mentions on his pages and videos. Keep in mind, this is a 4 week program. Im not trying to compare results with some 5x5 routine that you could run for multiple years.