Thread: Websites

kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Websites

Im about to create my own website and need some advice from you trainers that already have they're own. Any suggestions and tips?

Here is another trainer in my local area website, check it out.

http://www.johnny-gilbert.com/

Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kpchris92 View Post
    Im about to create my own website and need some advice from you trainers that already have they're own. Any suggestions and tips?

Here is another trainer in my local area website, check it out.

http://www.johnny-gilbert.com/
    I personally don't like that guys website. For me anyway it took it forever to load, don't have to be so crazy fancy.

I woud suggest using wordpress, soooo easy to use and theres so many different plugins and such that you can use. There are free themes and premium themes to choose from but the premium ones aren't even that expensive.

I used a great company for SEO work and now pop up 1st in google for a couple towns in my area that I am targeting. They did it pretty cheap too. I can PM you there site if you want

My website is www.Optimized-Fitness.com if you want to check it out.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A pretty essential rule of thumb--that unfortunately that other trainer failed to heed--is to avoid using flash implements and definitely do not have an entirely flash website.

Here are some resources that may come in handy:
    http://colorschemedesigner.com/
    http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30
    ^ For picking color schemes

http://ilovetypography.com/2008/02/2...eb-typography/
    ^ Working with text and fonts

http://www.w3schools.com/
    ^ Tutorials on using HTML, CSS, Javascript... basically any code related to website building

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008...ective-coding/
    ^ CSS techniques

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008...ree-icon-sets/
    ^ Free icon sets

If you're completely clueless, it may be worth it to hire someone to design it. Stylish, but professional is the look you want to achieve. If you do hire someone, make sure they show you how to make updates and changes on your own.

Otherwise, I would look at a site that you like (preferably not another trainer's) and try to mimic the elements about that site you like.

kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kpchris92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah thats true, too much flash probably wont be a good thing.
    Would a straight forward site be optimal?
    Such as Location, Pricing, Bio and testimonials? Is simple always better?

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah thats true, too much flash probably wont be a good thing.
    Would a straight forward site be optimal?
    Such as Location, Pricing, Bio and testimonials? Is simple always better?
    Make everything as simple as possible, but never simpler than that.

I used weebly to make my site. It was user friendly and its easy to update. Make sure you have a way to get information from people coming to your sight. Get them to sign up for a free newsletter or something in exchange for their email. Check my site out, its simple and under my sig.

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    agreed with the other guys about flash websites.

they were all the rage in the early 2000s because of all the fancy stuff webdesigners could do with animation and so forth, but generally they always made for slow load times, cluttered appearance and non-user friendly / difficult navigation. These days where Search Engine Optimisation is so important flash is even less advisable than ever.

Also agree about the recommendation to look at wordpress. Wordpress is very nice.

Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100) Scotlad is not very well liked. (-100)
    Nate - your website looks great.

Did it take you long to work out how to use wordpress to make it look so professional?

Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Scotlad View Post
    Nate - your website looks great.

Did it take you long to work out how to use wordpress to make it look so professional?
    Thanks! At first I had someone helping me with it, basically showed me how to use it and I filled the content in and stuff. Wordpress is very easy to use. Id be glad to help in any way! There are tutorials on how to do almost anything though. At one point I was actually considering paying a company like 1,000 dollars to design the website. CRAZY! on top of that anytime I wanted even a word or a sentence changed I would most likely have to have them change it and they would charge. Wordpress is very easy to edit anything, 100 percent recommend it!

I did this website completely on my own www.FitnessandBeautyWorld.com pretty happy with it being only having like a month of experience with wordpress

bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigw10921 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nate,,the website is perfect,,as for the other one you linked,,too much flash,,slowed everything down..I have the patience of a 2 yr old,,if it doesn't load up quickly,I go elsewhere,,So do most people....If you havent doen so already,,create a google places page,,You don't need an address (or you can use the gyms address) It will help when people search for PT's by location and it's FREE

Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice animation but it's over the top, I wanna see what they do, what they charge and where they are, that's all I need

Rustler's Ambition fitnessbyjay's Avatar
    fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What's your opinion on hyphenated domains guys? Does it look spammy and "scare" people away?

Originally Posted by fitnessbyjay View Post
    What's your opinion on hyphenated domains guys? Does it look spammy and "scare" people away?
    its kinda hard to get the name you want without hyphenating it. I wish i didnt have to hyphenate mine but the name was already taken. I think it looks fine, not too big of a deal

fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Nate R. View Post
    its kinda hard to get the name you want without hyphenating it. I wish i didnt have to hyphenate mine but the name was already taken. I think it looks fine, not too big of a deal
    Yeah, same here. Gotta be pretty creative to come up with a domain name that's not taken.

Worst thing they are never in use anyway, just some major company that bought 500.000 domains that will never be used, especially if you own the name of your company.

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im about to create my own website and need some ......
    my advice is to get someone to make you a REAL website.

This is if you are serious about making a career out of pt'ing

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm sorry but the website you posted was horrific.

here's my "under construction" page:
    http://primalhealthsf.com/
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Originally Posted by fitnessbyjay View Post
    Yeah, same here. Gotta be pretty creative to come up with a domain name that's not taken.

Worst thing they are never in use anyway, just some major company that bought 500.000 domains that will never be used, especially if you own the name of your company.
    yeah EXACTLY that is sooo annoying. then they will sell it to you for like 2,000 or something ridiculous hahaha I know someone who got into that right when it got popular, buying domain names, and he made ALOT of money.

Originally Posted by Nate R. View Post
    yeah EXACTLY that is sooo annoying. then they will sell it to you for like 2,000 or something ridiculous hahaha I know someone who got into that right when it got popular, buying domain names, and he made ALOT of money.
    2000 aint peanut. The one I was after was registered by Marchex, and I read somewhere that they won't even consider selling for undir 50K!

Btw, might consider putting your website in your sig.

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    I'm sorry but the website you posted was horrific.

here's my "under construction" page:
    http://primalhealthsf.com/
    whooaaa best site ever!!