AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Broken Hand, what to do???

Last night I broke my hand, boxers fracture & the knuckle on my little finger is now looking about a inch further down my hand then where it should be. I'm in a half plaster cast and going back Tuesday for either a full cast or the worst case manipulation, wires & cast. The cast will be on about 6 weeks so no weight lifting for me and maybe longer depending on how its feels & what the doctors say. Doing things with one hand is really difficult, writing this for one. I most annoyed about not being able to workout properly and don't want to lose what i've achieved so far. Please any suggestions or ideas on exercises/training I could do without my hand would be great. I could do leg work but just not hold weights, I can do abs but cant think of any back or arm work I could do. I'm really down about the whole situation so any help would be really appreciated.
    Anniepocalypse a Superhero in the making.

robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sorry to hear about the injury. that really sucks. but, i have found that injuries sometimes are our bodies' ways of saying "slow down". they force us to rest, to re-evaluate what we are doing, and to adopt a different outlook for a bit. you wont lose too much over the time you have to rest, and really, the "rest" may be good for you! you can probably still do some light cardio and legs and abs--just nothing where you have to hold a bar or dumbells! the most important thing is to eat well, rest, and dont rush yourself back before you are not ready. good luck and hope you mend well!

leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50) leggomyeggo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, I'm sorry. Was it your dominant hand?

You might ask your orthopedic doc if you can do stuff that anchors the forearm--what about cable work? There has to be some sort of adaptive attachment for that, like putting the adjustable cuff on your forearm instead of your ankle . Or shift your emphasis from free weights to more machine-based work--for example, using the seated lateral raise machine instead of a standing free-weighted one, because that machine places the pads over the lateral surfaces of your elbows and your hands don't get involved.

But I would definitely ask your doctor first...best of luck!

AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AnnelieseT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Luckily it's my right not dominant hand. I train at home so it is all free weights, I know I need to be patient but it's really frustrating and I don't want to lose any muscle. I'm a bit worried about after the cast is off and still being weak. I had my new year plan ready to go and I didn't even get to start it, sucks.

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How'd you break it?
    Last edited by Mindi912; 01-01-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

I punched a guys face

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AnnelieseT View Post
    I punched a guys face
    classy
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I punched a guys face
    yep that'll do it punching someone bare knuckle f*cks your hands up way more in real life than in the movies, you shoulda punched to the throat way more effective and yeh probably woulda saved your hand

Injury is injury yeah just gotta suck it up and work on your lower body for 6 weeks.
    Firmly believes that if god didn't want us to eat animals he would never have made them out of meat.

...I also take photo's check em out here http://www.********.com/#!/pages/Williams-Photography/101928733190374

rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just had a client break her radius. Cable work and legs it is. Check it out:

http://www.power-systems.com/p-3204-...ist-strap.aspx
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phi 4:13
    - WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder, Gym Owner & Promoter -

www.BEYONDLIMITSTRAINING.net ---> the hardest working gym in Columbus, Ohio!

INBF Natural Buckeye Classic & WNBF Pro Tournament of Champions:
    www.NATURALBUCKEYECLASSIC.com - April 13, 2013

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I punched a guys face
    Oops, how'd his face turn out?

Good luck finding exercises, you may need to get a gym membership while it heals if you only have free weights at home.

It's really annoying it happened. A group of drunk guys kept bashing and knocking into me and my sister. I was drunk so just smacked one of them, wouldn't have done it if I wasn't drunk. He definately looked hurt but the bouncers came in pretty quick. Looks like lots of leg work for me, just wish I could do something for my arms and back.

xDocx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No weight for min 8 w

Hi!
    As earlier suggested you can use velcro weight bands or velcro bracelets attaching a carbinehook. Ask your doc if its simple boxers fracture and you can get rid of the cast in 3 weeks for unloaded rom extcises to avoid stiffness of your finger joints. NO lifting For min 8 weeks with that hand. If its comminuted or intraartikular it needs another 4 weeks. If you decide to train be prepared for fungus in the cast and have it changed once, carefully cleaning and appluing antifungal crème. Keep your hand and also your mood up( elevation is good against swelling) good luck!

This is what i've come up with for my broken hand training.

Crunches, Hyperextensions, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Seated Calf Raises, Squats & Lunges using body only.

I was also planning to add in tabata training this year so have ammended my 4mins to the following, run, jump lunges, high knees, jump squats, run, side jumps, star jumps, high knees.

What do you think?

Unquit8239 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey annie, sorry to bring up the past, but I myself have broken my hand. Dominant one too :/ luckily no surgery was necessary just a little manipulation. I'm really curious if this is going to be something that bothers me my whole life or worse, hampers it? Any info would be super appreciated if you do see this

(Also, sorry for maybe sounding dramatic, just 19 n worried :/)