mic19790 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

meal frequency question

would i benifit from eating every hour of the day on a bulk for optimum growth or would this be unneccesary?btw im talkin 15meals here.thnx in advance

Mark Rejhon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good question, I'm looking for a similiar answer too, considering my high metabolism and small stomach. Currently I am now eating every 2 hours (something I just started to do).

I found out that it may be the only way to get the protien that I need given my metabolism, but I am curious if eating more than 7-8 small meals has any benefit. Something I can do, since I work at home (consultant). One thought is that 7-8 small meals is not really effective because of the speed that a stomach digests food, but my other thought is that it might work for certain high-metabolism guys like me. So I am curious. What do the pros say?

My questions are here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=130456

Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm not a pro(lol) but IMO eating more than 8-9 meals is going to give you very little benefits,and I think it will be a little boring to prepare meals all the time.The reason we eat lots of meals is mainly the fact that we want low and stable insulin levels(except pw) and the fact that we want to give our bodies the opportunity to absorb and use as much macronutridents as we can.that's why IMO 8 or 9 meals is enough(I usually have 6-8)

The only reason I would do that is if I couldn't reach my calories/protein goals when bulking,so I would throw a cup of skim with some raw oats or a can of tuna with pasta here and there.
    Enjoy everything, Need nothing!

Mark Rejhon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Size of meal is an issue I think. I pretty much count anything that's at least a few mouthfuls, as a meal for me. Something like an apple as one of the mini-meals, a yoghurt cup as another mini-meal, a glass of milk as another mini-meal, an all-nuts bar as another mini-meal. Slightly bigger meals or medium size meals such as chicken, scrambled egg, tuna, whatever, would be in between these.

I'm a beginner at nutrition, mind you.

i was thinkin i would be able to minimize fat gain on a bulking diet.

Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Mark Rejhon
    Size of meal is an issue I think. I pretty much count anything that's at least a few mouthfuls, as a meal for me. Something like an apple as one of the mini-meals, a yoghurt cup as another mini-meal, a glass of milk as another mini-meal, an all-nuts bar as another mini-meal. Slightly bigger meals or medium size meals such as chicken, scrambled egg, tuna, whatever, would be in between these.

I'm a beginner at nutrition, mind you.
    These mini-meals are a perfect choice if bulking

TheGreatSatan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    9 meals will be plenty.

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you dont need to eat every hour, thats just ridiculous... you can get by fine every 2-2.5 hours... how do you go out somewhere if you eat every hour? although if your eating 15 times per day they would hardly be meals.
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

Registered User 7000rpmisheaven's Avatar
    7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10) 7000rpmisheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: meal frequency question

Originally posted by mic19790
    would i benifit from eating every hour of the day on a bulk for optimum growth or would this be unneccesary?btw im talkin 15meals here.thnx in advance
    To keep it simple it is better to split 4000 cals day over 100 meals in a day than to split it over 6. Its an exageration but the idea is that the more often you eat the better. If you can do 15 a day great.

yeh it was a hypothetical question.Anwho six is apparently better than three meals so i just figured the more the better.Btw i tried hourly feeding and it at least speeds up my metabolism no doubt about that and i feel i could increase my clean daily calory intake by about 50%.

Originally posted by mic19790
    yeh it was a hypothetical question.Anwho six is apparently better than three meals so i just figured the more the better.Btw i tried hourly feeding and it at least speeds up my metabolism no doubt about that and i feel i could increase my clean daily calory intake by about 50%.
    If it is easy for you and you like it eat as many times as you want bro..but i doubt that the metabolism goes up more than 5-10% when turning from 6 to 15 meals